Case for an Indigo Lantern Powerset

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

>Hope is tricky because you need to be near a Green Lantern to do anything, and assigning a role to it would make it counterable to either Rage or Light(Yellow)

>Love is iffy because only few males have ever joined the Star Sapphire Corps

>Greed is impossible because only one person can be an Orange Lantern

>Black and White will never happen because they're too strong

So the only viable choice left is Compassion. The Vesture of Proselyte Armor set is available for Heroes AND Villains, and in lore the Indigo Tribe is neutral. They have the power to channel the light of the entire spectrum so this would solve the want for Hope, Greed, and Love by letting us use a couple powers based on them. It would work best as a Healer role since Love, Compassion, and Hope are associated with healing, and Greed could be used to take life from enemies and give it to your allies. If you still wanna argue villains shouldn't use it then just let them be Ultraviolet Lanterns as a parallel.
    • Like x 1
  2. ChowlinShicken Active Player

It might take a couple of logical leaps... but you can explain "evil" actions being compassionate, too.

"Life is pain... erego the only compassionate thing to do is kill everyone."

"Attachments to material things lead to suffering - therefore the compassionate thing is to take everyone's belongings away."

"Those with power invariable abuse the powerless - so the compassionate thing to do is topple authority."

Etc.
    • Like x 3
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

this could work considerably well in all seriousness. compassion and shame are sort of near opposites much like love and rage, fear and will, compassion and freed etc. though when one gives it much thought, the positive emotions (compassion, love, will, hope etc) all almost equally oppose multiple negative emotions each in general (rage, greed, fear, death etc). this makes sense as certain emotional energies are also somewhat neutral (love, rage/anger, compassion, and fear) and have been more wild cards than anything, turning on friend and foe alike if need be.
    • Like x 2
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

if anything id prefer a completely new power over a 4th lantern power..still dont have
    ¤Wind
    ¤Sound
    ¤Poison as a serum substitute
    ¤Elasticity
    ¤Metal Manipulation

im sure there are others as well. also dont most if not all Indigo's use a staff, not a ring? how would that work
    • Like x 1
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the rage, love, compassion, and fear corpses have shown tendencies to switch sides or objectives in the midst of any conflict depending on their individual corpse goals. of particular confusion when rage came out was that everybody thought they were villains since it's the role the yellow/red lantern corpse takes most often in comics, however as the red lantern oath so decrees "we'll burn you ALL, that is your fate." red lanterns are more of a chaotic neutral than anything, with the goals of any particular lantern (whether good or bad) being in what fuels their rage, like atrocitus' fury over his entire sector of space being wiped of life. love similarly has lashed out against heroes and those who interfere with their objectives of spreading love or reinforcing it in those spurned so they can have revenge, and fear has worked with heroes/agents of law when it was effective and efficient to spread fear by doing so. in this sense only a corpse or two on either end can be considered "purely good" or "purely evil".
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except it's probably the LEAST requested of the available Lantern Corps, and knowing our luck DC would mandate that you could only use a Staff weapon with the powerset. LOL
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ultraviolet Lantern Corp.
    • Like x 3
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Doesn't the indigo tribe have outlaws and misfits as well? I don't really know the lore that well but I remember reading something about that.
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

Hey, beggers can't be choosers
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Roth Committed Player

Yes, all of them are criminals, but their rings force them to be compassionate/less villainous.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well.... considering all villains do in DCUO is help save the world, I'd say that's a perfect fit
    • Like x 5
  12. Raven Roth Committed Player

True that lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

that made my day. haha. so true. i have 30 villains, refuse to be a hero. but the devs keep making me save lives. shouldnt we be letting Gordon die? whats in it for us

Edit: oh didnt even realize whom i was replying to, howdy Cold
    • Like x 3
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont know if a lantern is the solution ( the last power was healer) , but dcuo needs a new power quick because it’s obvious content quality is decreasing
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

new power as in... Shadow?
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Roth Committed Player

By having it only appear when you're using a power that requires it
    • Like x 1
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

speaking of shadow, ^ ive had my alt, Laughing Shadow,for so many years now hoping we'd get that power. vampire lord gave me minimal hope
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

Vamp Lord and all other Vamps use Celestial: Haunt, Consume Soul, Malediction, and even their death animation is the same as Life Drain
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think shadow is to close to dark celest, but if u can give me a example of a shadow character it might change my mind
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

how about Barbatos himself.
    or
    ¤Ebon (Static Shock)
    • Like x 1