New event is already a whack.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 12, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

Agreed.

This solo is challenging on Normal but not impossible to do. The Event version is a bit more forgiving; it reminded me of the first version of the test server, before changes were made. This solo does require more than just the usual *guns a' blazing, i'm amazing,* mechanic and attitude. It is refreshing to have solo content that actually makes you think about what you are doing.

"guns a'blazing, i'm amazing" = *Pew, Pew, Pew*
    • Like x 4
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I guess that's how I got to 279 in about 12 hours.

Because it's so hard.

Yes, obviously I used a lot of replays; that's besides the point. The point is that the play is pretty darn easy. I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no "issue" to fix other than on the part of players needing to either gear up or play better or both.

(I mean, there are plenty of little bugs or returns of old little bugs, but nothing affecting gameplay that I've noticed. Granted, I'll do the raids for the first time today. Also, I've so far only done the level version, not the events, which presumably are even easier.)
    • Like x 2
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm not talking about the difficulty, i'm talking about the ungodly amount of *bleeping* glitches with the fight mechanics, nothing registers right; not the damage done, not the damage received, the mirrors and portals don't visibly render half the time and event he health barrel glitched to the point that when i hit it it wouldn't burst so when i ended up autotargeting it i died because i spent 30 seconds firing at the thing...... the fight itself is fine and fun, but SOMEBODY has got to test the thing for all these bugs on live server......... since apparently they weren't caught on test. the fight itself isn't difficult and the mechanics were obvious after one run through and a death, however the reason i couldn't finish the fight was cause nothing about the fight was working PROPERLY. not the first time this has happened either, i've seen so many raids and alerts released on live with these types of bugs before, many of them raid/open world boss breaking.
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm irritated by the increased quotas. JLD required swooping through 54 dots of light.

Metal requires doing... a lot more closing of paradoxes and rescuing citizens and so on. It's a return to the crappy long requirements of Earth 3 and some other excessively prolonged solo open world activities.

Upping requirements this way is just a cheap way to force players to play more and yet get no better returns than the more recent easier quotas. Metal is a step backwards in this regard, and I think it only discourages player involvement, or at least morale.

Which is a shame, because I'm otherwise very much enjoying all the other aspects of the Episode/DLC. Plus the new loading screen images are great. I think they're also the first time that we've seen non-iconic "players" portrayed, including at least one image that has no iconics. (Did I spot Fracture?)

Unfortunately, a number of old bugs have reappeared, such as heat vision disappearing from loadouts when switching armories. AGAIN. This time, for the first time, my primary sorcery two-person heal also disappears when switching loadouts.

But these sort of glitches when a DLC drops are always present. Hopefully they'll be cleaned up soon, particularly the returning or long-standing ones.
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've only done the solo once, and the at-level version, not the event, but I saw zero of this, FWIW. Not that I'm saying you didn't experience what you're reporting. But I can say it isn't universal.

The only regular annoyance I experienced everywhere is something that was also occurring in JLD, but I don't recall any issues with in any earlier Episodes, which is that two-part solos wind up taking several seconds for the adds in the second part to become hittable. So you sit there waiting for a couple of seconds, trying to be sure to not prematurely attack while the adds aren't yet attackable.

It's trivial, but highly annoying because IT'S ALWAYS THERE NOW. In ALL two-part outdoor activities. I really hope they'll fix this.

(It shouldn't be an internet issue since I get 70 mps when I speed-check my download speed, although info from the game seems to mostly dribble in at kps speeds.)
    • Like x 2
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

seen this as well, and not always with adds....... mission objectives, world objects/parts of environments, etc. can't tell you how many times with the few speedster characters i made that i've ended up going through the ground or a wall because it didn't render to full physicality. by this point i'm not even sure if this is a lag problem or if the devs just expect people with super speed to phase through stuff anyways XD, would certainly be an interesting mechanic if utilized past just phase dodge.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My mistake. I thought you were complaining because you could not get into the open area. Yeah, the OP is locked out, but as mentioned in other parts of this thread, this seems to be a common issue for him/her that 'solos are too hard' even at event level. I'm not normally one to profess the 'get gud' mentality, but seriously....there is one moderately hard part in here and it's the Mirror Master fight...pack on a shield, bring along a sidekick and use your supply drop/soda with a bit of sense and anyone can get through it fine. Don't carry those things....don't like using shields or blocking? Going for max burn? Well...if you fail on the solo, it's your fault then. Now, could they also make the outdoor parts first....so you could skip the solo? Sure....but they could also have made it a duo and then we'd all be complaining about carrying these people who can't do things on their own.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are you in the event version of the solo?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are reviewing completion rates and feedback on the event solo.

That said, question. If you can't beat the event solo, what makes you think you can accomplish anything in the open world (or anything else in the episode)?

We don't want a lot of people unable to really get into the event stuff because it is too hard, but this is also a game. You get things and gear up and move on by overcoming whatever challenge is presented, by beating it. Should victory be guaranteed?
    • Like x 18
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Open world holds the group content. While it's kind of weak to always ride someone else's coat tails, or just collect your free daily mark, some people are unable to do so because the solo mission is a gate (as it has been in the past....for some).

Personally I agree, you should be able to complete the solo event version at least....just saying that is the difference. Now....once i'm geared I'll probably stop running it because of the time investment...15 or more min is not worth the 1 mark and 2 salvages, but not cause it's too hard.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  11. thirty six Loyal Player

Every solo I can remember was this tough at minimum CR. The T5 Metallo fight one, and Atlantis are the 2 that come to mind. Please, leave it as is.

Edit: I'm now remembering the huntress and circle solos, they were even tougher to start.
    • Like x 4
  12. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

My main character was able to do the Central City solo fine. The Commissioner Gordon rescue in Gotham (that was a secondary gate to complete before access to the Metal dailies, unless I'm mistaken) seemed harder - largely due to the sheer number of metal goons round about the climax of the instance. Effective crowd control definitely needed there, I think.

Some of my alt characters had problems getting into Atlantis due to its solo (even the event version of it) - again good crowd control needed there, complicated mainly by the ticking clock of that solo (the oncoming Crown of Thorns). I'll be taking my first alt through the Metal solo tonight, probably. Guess I'll see soon how they do with that one.
    • Like x 3
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Reinheld already covered what my response was going to be. I have the hard knocks feat, so none of this is skin off my nose.
  14. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I completed the Event Solo on an alternate with only 54 SP... using only 1 SP weapon attacks. I'm a grandmother with some mild Arithritis and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. If you're old and able enough to post complaints on this forum, but can't handle the new solo instance....

This boggles my mind even more than when people couldn't figure out basic jumping in Shattered Gotham.
    • Like x 3
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It should be guaranteed 60% of the time. ;)

60% of the time... it should work... everytime. ;) ;)
    • Like x 4
  16. Roocck Committed Player

I was not in the event solo..
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, well. You might want to try out the event version if the regular was difficult.
    • Like x 7
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

What is the purpose of event level? To offer a challenge?

It would be much different if event was being treated as a tutorial telling the players what to do; and I thought that’s what event was meant for. A beginner level tutorial with tips on what to watch for. You know, so people don’t sit around wondering why they just died.

Again, not everyone comes to this forum or watches you tube, etc. If they did, you guys wouldn’t have had to waste all that time and effort on the fancy pop up ads letting players know what’s going on when they log in.

And those who want to learn on their own? If only there were other levels they could try instead.

If only.
    • Like x 3
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so tried again earlier this morning and can confirm what the majority have said so far, the solo isn't all that hard and in fact i'd say many of the mechanics make the solo quite enjoyable, which can be said of a good many of this DLC's instances so far that i've tried all the way up to the first raid. ran some stuff this morning without any hiccups or impediments, in mostly dps group pugs no less, which is honestly a first.
    • Like x 1