New event is already a whack.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 12, 2019.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

lol - To walk in the door and spend money? This isn’t a job.

It would be funny if high school drop out Johnny Q had to prove his worth to shop at Wal-mart. If he couldn’t, he should step down to Kroger’s with the riff raff.
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i would assume they can't seeing as the quest narration from oracle says "complete the scarlet speedster solo instance then head into open world.". otherwise the introduction needs to change as it suggests a player "must" finish the solo to enter.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

And I was editing before your response. As you’ll see in my original message, I did try. Got a little pop up window telling me to go away.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes. It's dumb. Because you have issues with completing it. It's definitely the fault of the solo, and not two guys that are having problems. And it's definitely the problem of everyone else that offers advice.

I'm going to point you back to my previous post, where the OP was given a metric ******* of advice on how to beat solos you struggle with. If you two want to continue your "it's them not me" etc., then feel free.

But I'll tell you this: -

If you come onto a forum for a game, and complain that you can't beat content, you're asking for grief. HOWEVER. What you got here was a mixture of grief AND solid advice.

So. If you're too proud to accept solid advice, that's your problem. If you eternally can't beat content, that's your problem.

If you keep rocking up and making the same thread over and over, and you get aggro... guess what?
    • Like x 3
  5. Controller Devoted Player

That solo is a pain - but I beat it after getting by the first boss. Took about a dozen tries.

I was only 271 as well - with my mods barely past 220 for HL Dps.

As I level up my Dps CR it will become easier.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

That is literally how it's intended to be set up - that you finish the Solo before you gain access to the OW. As with every recent Episode, there is a lead-in introductory requirement, and this one's descriptions and triggers seem to have fallen over. Nevertheless, you can *ALWAYS* access the OW if you complete the Solo first. Sucks if you can't complete the solo... :D

...not looking at anybody in particular...
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    who do i smack on test server for all of these errors and glitches that got through to live server? it seems pretty disgraceful that we deal with this many bugs and dysfunctions every time a DLC rolls around doesn't it?
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Don't assume that your standard DPS loadout is going to be good in Solos. If you've put some thought into that loadout, it's likely for 4 or 8 Player content. If it's hard work, use a Shield, or use a Detaunt, or use a Single Target Pull to deal with the problem. Or switch Roles and walk it slower, but with no effort, as a Troll, a Healer or a Tank. Solos are almost always about dealing with stuff in stages, not expecting everything to melt. If they were the latter, they would be no challenge, right? We'd all just DPS our way through them and pick up rewards for nothing.

If you want to pick up rewards for nothing, adjust to Solos - then it really is a walk. But it requires you to change your thinking.
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

I ask myself the same question - and the answer is "so it's not worse than what gets released" :D.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

There are a ton of adds in those solos, my friend hated it because hes 260 cr as a healer & does dilly dally much as a dps .. it took him easily 20 mins of struggling before he left the mission, looked up a dps build and respect then ran it again.. sorcery so like not much he can do anyway lol. I got through it pretty smooth as a tank but I imagine controllers had it the hardest.

My issue w this dlc is that they not only re used maps, but i think this is the first times they’ve directly re used boss fights in the maps where the original encounter happened... I imagine metal 2 will probably be the same, which is very boring to say the least.

Now i was wrong when i said that they’d only use batman styles for this dlc.. and im very happy because we really dont need anymore batman styles, doubt ill see to many wearing that mercyless gear.

Now i know ive complained about there being no new style for Halloween alot, but it made me blow a fuse when i saw that the skeleton trinket we are getting is actually a recycle of what were turned into in the raid...

Plus every collection/brief rewards base items.. not one new style, even dcuos most advertised players expressed his feelings about this in his comment section.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

First the nerf elite, then the solos are too hard, now this? Notice a common pattern? This person makes these threads for attention.
    • Like x 5
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

? Who's it blocking? Got in on 3 toons...one of which is like level 17 or something. Did you do the solo first?

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My only negative feed back on the solo/open world is that the shared credit area for the group 'count' missions seems pretty small. I was grouped with 3 other people and there were several times we were 'too far' being just off the map from each other. That and I think the solo's 'go grab this thing....then go grab this thing....then hit this puzzle' will get old pretty quick after a handful of runs. The game itself is already busywork....not sure we need missions that are inserting more busywork.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You have to run the solo first (put your trunks on) before accessing the open world (kiddle pool). The fact that you do or do not have time is irrelevant as the free mark mission has always only ever been granted AFTER you've done some amount of the Episode guided tour. With JLD you needed to talk to Constantine, triangulate the demon, and do the duo...first, yes you could get to the outdoor part, but would not get the free mark till that stuff was done. Atlantis it was a few different missions, but I believe the solo was first there as well.

Reinheld
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

This is something that I don't understand that people don't understand... If you only have full Healer / Troll / Tank Gear, but you switch to DPS Role, and put together even a half-decent DPS loadout your damage goes through the roof. It doesn't work quite as well the other way round.

There is *no excuse* for a Healer / Troll / Tank to not complete a Solo in a timely manner *WITH ALL-ROLE GEAR* if they switch to DPS Role and adjust their loadout.

Perhaps they do not know that. Now they do.
    • Like x 4
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That’s the point. The guy who started this thread is saying he can’t complete the event level solo. I’m not talking about me.

I guess we’re okay with telling people to walk. Cool.

What’s event level even for? He can’t finish the solo to get marks to progress. He can’t get in open world to get help from other players to get marks to progress. It’s basically a middle finger to some of the people who pay for this stuff. And they aren’t all coming to this forum to seek out the sage advice - most having a problem just get mad and don’t come back.
    • Like x 3
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

You're part of the Conspiracy, Fatal. But I have a solution for people like YOU.

First of all, we should all get free respec tokens every month, even on F2P, so we can jump to FotM Powers. It's my right.
    Secondly, we should get around 75K Nth Metal each week.
    Thirdly, we should all get all the Feats that we could possibly get up to our current CR - and they should keep coming when we get to a higher CR.
    Fourthly, the Stabiliser Duo should grant a Stabiliser, not Fragments.
    Fifthly, we should literally just drop Powers that can't top the Scoreboard in DPS. I mean what use are they anyway?

Looking forward to your response - because you DON'T HAVE ONE, AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT. LOL.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's not difficult content, brother. And the OP *has*, across several threads, been advised quite clearly that "Shield", "Soder", "RPS, but most importantly Block" - and even "Backup or Sidekick" are all useful options.

And here he is again, obviously too proud to take any advice.
    • Like x 1
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

He's refusing to change the way he plays - or even consider doing so - but expecting a better result, against all the evidence that it isn't working.

When I expect the Universe to conform to my wishes, I'd better be right. Otherwise I'm not some Great Magus. I'm just delusional.

Which is where we are with this guy.
    • Like x 1
  20. deathlock New Player

“First the nerf elite, then the solos are too hard, now this? Notice a common pattern? This person makes these threads for attention.”
    " You're part of the Conspiracy, Fatal. But I have a solution for people like YOU.

First of all, we should all get free respec tokens every month, even on F2P, so we can jump to FotM Powers. It's my right.
    Secondly, we should get around 75K Nth Metal each week.
    Thirdly, we should all get all the Feats that we could possibly get up to our current CR - and they should keep coming when we get to a higher CR.
    Fourthly, the Stabiliser Duo should grant a Stabiliser, not Fragments.
    Fifthly, we should literally just drop Powers that can't top the Scoreboard in DPS. I mean what use are they anyway?

Looking forward to your response - because you DON'T HAVE ONE, AND YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT. LOL."

Okay, so first of all it isn't your personal right to get respec tokens every month or even if u are f2p you have to buy them like everyone else, And what you said secondly you stated we should get 75K nth metal each week is absurd haven't u heard of saving?
    Also gaining feat's as you lvl up your cr what world are u living in cause the only way u actually earn feat's at all is through hard effort and team work with friends.
    The stabilizer's event there's nothing wrong with that system u get fragment's after doing the event and are u really needing stabilizer's that badly buy them in the mp end of story.
    And if your that much of a score board chaser then i have no more word's for you other than grow up and just enjoy the content which has been given out and it doesn't matter if the power can't reach the top of the score board it's just the matter if u like the power your using and how u use it and score board don't matter as long as u have fun, there's really no point to show off like
    ( hahaha i got the best top score suck it ya loser's) like ummm where's the main point of that feeling I just choose not to understand why people like to chase the score board now a days?

So this was my opinion on the topic u raised so ya .....