New event is already a whack.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

And it hasn't even been out for a week yet. :confused:

This is just my first impression views obviously, cause I have not been doing everything just yet, but the solo mission/instances is what drives me nuts.
    the enemies (metal men) are WAY too overpowered and hits wayyyyyyy too hard for their own good, on gotham chaos I was doing fine, and I could manage beating 3 enemies without having to struggle with my lifebar.
    however a nerf is needed definately to these overpowered normal enemies, I couldn't manage to run a solo with my 240+ hero without dying instantly to 3 ENEMIES?!
    like bruh, this ain't cool.

Oh and I know some of you are going to say "get better gear,m etc etc." gears doesn't matter cause it puts us in the 264 lvl when you are in the events, someone at the dev team probably forgot to balance the dmg output on us lower levels.
    I ain't going to be doing this new event until you guys fix this issue, cause this is just gross.
  2. Eve YouTuber

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. The content is fair and fun, I haven't had any major issues with it.
    Always make sure to use shields, soda, and block on the right timing. Any of my characters can take 3-4
    metal men at the same time. Are you using a shield? Do you roll away\block? using orange barrels\sodas?
    Those speedforce storms are doing massive damage if you stay in them for too long. The event isn't hard at all,
    in fact I find it easier then Justice League Dark. See if any of the above helps you do better in content. If others
    will claim the event is too hard, it might change, but if not, it is on you and your way of playing. Goodluck. :)
    • Like x 12
  3. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

People complained a lot during the first few weeks of JLD. Remember all the people crying about having to learn how to control their movement and how to jump in Shattered Gotham? Then after everyone actually learned and got used to it, the crying stopped. I'm sure it'll calm down here soon.

Sometimes it takes more than your "competitive" DPS rotation to make it through the game when you're on your own. ^_^
    • Like x 6
  4. Amatoria New Player

I'm CR 105 and the metal men weren't too difficult. The big damage comes from the red vortices. If the cloud things are near you...move. Hope that helps <3
    • Like x 3
  5. Roocck Committed Player

Spent 25 min in the solo before getting frustrated turning my ps4 off. Thos os just the solid; imaging the alerts and raids.. I expected the content to be fair and fun not to get frustrated after not able to beat solo mission boss just so I can get into Dark Gothan or whatever is called to start doing some daily and weekly missions. Definitely time to take a break away from the game... can’t imaging what the alerts and raids will be like...
    • Like x 1
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

as far as the metal infected go, shields. as far as the Flashy Batman fellow goes, block, roll, shield, sidekick. job's a good 'un. you shouldn't be struggling if you follow that.
    • Like x 1
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

only problem I had was when I ran my Atlantis weekly's the Brine Hulk is friggin invincible! There were about eight or ten of us hitting the over grownso and so with everything we had and he just housed us like we were so many insects.
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

my run of scarlet speedster for first impressions actually went fairly well albeit very laggy up to mirror master...... but it went down the toilet to the point that i had to quit on that fight, not from the difficulty as i got him down to 1/4th health about 2 or 3 times, no what made it unbearable and impossible was the game refusing to track his health bar, the mirrors/portals, and even the health barrel correctly. EVERYTHING glitched and lagged.
    • Like x 1
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Sometimes the way to beat enemies stronger than you is take them on one at a time. There's a definite attitude that "I must be able to beat everything up", when in some cases - especially where you are trying the same tactic over and over again and it's not working - you have to look at how you are approaching the problem.

Try something else, if your initial attempt isn't working is what I am saying.

There is a Level 17 side mission in Metropolis that is overlooked, so you can pick it up at Level 4. It drops extremely strong gear for a Level 4 player, with no Level Equip requirement - but the only way you can sanely complete it is to pull, stun, or otherwise isolate the enemies you need to kill to complete it one at a time.

If you've never tried anything other than "Leroy Jenkins", then some things are going to be difficult for you.
    • Like x 3
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

So we’ve got an event level instance that literally blocks some people from accessing the new open world? Guess that’s cool. It’s kinda like if Wal-mart made people pass a written exam before they could enter the store.
    • Like x 4
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

You have gotten tons of advice in your other thread. You obviously would rather be dramatic than learn. The game is not going to dramatically change and make content so easy that you can beat it so just quit and find something you enjoy. That way you don't have to get yourself so worked up and we don't have to hear about it.
    • Like x 7
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm going to say this, because you need to hear it.

For whatever reason, and despite a lot of advice, and the fact that you find *every* Solo mission at endgame overwhelming - *YOU* are ******* up. Nobody else has these problems *constantly* - it's you. Nobody fails to complete them eventually - it's you.

Now. If you can admit that, and take some advice from people (any of the people) that have tried to tell you things - that have run content for near on a decade - then I'm perfectly happy to discuss and address your issues with each piece of content.

If you can't understand that the problem is *you*, then you're not going anywhere - and that only matters to you. Nobody else cares, as long as you won't listen or change.
    • Like x 7
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Have you tried going to where the Mission asks you to go to, to access it?
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I haven’t tried any of it except to see I couldn’t enter open world to get my free mark (and I didn’t have time to run the solo before work). But this is something no one should be complaining about at all. It’s the front door accessed by the kiddie pool.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i believe he's referring to the ridiculously bugged nature of the first boss fight in the solo, it's easy, as since my fights were glitched i could literally observe the end of the fight going on even after i'd migrated back to the boss area after rerezzing and i could still see the dogs from canine form fighting a 1/4th health mirror master without me. the fight isn't hard nor are most players confusing where it's supposed to be, the boss fight is just poorly scripted and lagging/bugging unbearably. not even a hard fight, in fact the most balanced fight for difficulty and fun i've seen, just badly designed and tested.
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

If that *is* an issue, try raising ticket rather than dropping by to talk, but do nothing about it.

Incidentally, you have to be Level 15+ to gain entry.

Also, Wal-Mart do make you pass a written exam - it's your application form.
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

So you're saying that people can't get into the Open World... but you've not tested if people can get into the Open World?
  19. Roocck Committed Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    You are definitely not the only one that is having issues with this dumb solo situation... You will get all kinds of insults from people that no matter what the devs do right or wrong will always agree (big time) because they have no life and are lonely. You have express your opinion and people are going to have to accept it...
    • Like x 1
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm in the Open World right now - and I'm currently Premium. What am I looking for, here - in terms of not getting in? I'm being serious - is this a thing that you can reproduce? Oh wait - no - because it's not something you've experienced, it's something you've heard. Got it.