So How Do YOU Feel About Artifacts Costing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

We created this out of curiousity and yes, we were bitten. So much so yes we will be updating it when the new Catalysts hit the MP as well as doing the math with Buying SMs from the MP https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/guides/marketplace-artifact-ranking-caveat-emptor-guide
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Not weird, two separate items. The Original Catalysts that were removed bugged out when trying to add them back. The new Catalysts are separate items so them coming onto the marketplace wont really bug out. Or at least hoping.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice guide, but SOCs for 100+ levels? I'm sorry, but at 10 SOP vs 1 SOC (same price), you'd have to have 30 fails between 100, 120 and 140 to make that math work. That's really, really bad luck. 160 and up, SOC for sure. 140 is debatable IMHO, 100 and 120....no way. Worst run of luck I had last weekend was on a 140, and yeah....it ate 22 SOP, but 100 and 120 went through only using 0 and 1, so I'm still ahead... hindsight being 20/20, I'd have used an SOC on that 140 now....but another artifact I ranked got the 140 on the first try with an SOP loaded. Using the same money, I'd buy 1 SOC and 30 SOP and likely have a few spares after (3 SOC now to 200). YMMV, but even the 10% chance at 160 is still 1 in 10 by straight percentages.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

100 and 120 were questionable when we were making it but we were going with absolutes and SoPs are a waste of money and catalysts. Of course to each their own but we wanted the guide to be on exact and SoPs can vary and we didnt want to add variables to it. SoPs are certainly a choice but I will not promote them in any way because again, waste of money and waste of chances.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, to each his own...

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Totally :)
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

yet there are countless many that believe money is no object in the game
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Today is the new Catalyst configuration. What they tried to bring back this weekend was the old catalyst configuration which bugged out. There's no conspiracy here.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The thing that everyone seems to have forgotten about last weekend and being 'forced' to buy the SM vs Cats was you didn't NEED to apply the breakthroughs to take advantage of the double XP, assuming you were dropping in large piles of Nth. The only one you really needed to breakthrough was the VWD if you were shooting for level 141 before the upgrade. I have several toons that were going to run out of cats before Nth, so I dumped in the stacks of tiny Nth first (10s, 20s, 50s) and got them up to 80 or so then dropped in 5 stacks of the the big Nths in one shot for the double and left them simmer for now. I'll breakthrough in a week or so. I've got one solar amplifier sitting at 60 that will jump all the way to 155 or so once I have the cats. Yeah, I'd liked to have had everything fully leveled, but I like my RL money a lot more and wasn't going to spend it on source from the MP.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

No Real players here only robots ,nothing to see move along ;)
  11. tinoman Dedicated Player

There should be something written on the sop's that chances of breakthroughs at 160+ are slim to none. That it takes way more sop's than the cost of a single SOC. That its recommended that a SOC is used at 160+. So people are more informed about the decision of the cost. I wanted to do a experiment and use only sop's at 160. Lets just say 20 sop's later i did not breakthrough. People could keep buying soc's at a way higher cost than one sop and wasting money.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'll be adding a comment on the SoPs but they really wont be in the pricing guide itself as the SoPs are a chance and can be unpredictable when pricing because the 20 didnt work for you as example, but someone could use one and they were fine. The guide itself we want to show folks the absolutes. SoPs are there but the pricing will vary depending on your luck and I dont calculate luck.
    • Like x 1