So How Do YOU Feel About Artifacts Costing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix, Sep 10, 2019.

1. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

1382 marks to level an artifact from 0 too 200 WITH catalyst. Me personally I feel like
    [IMG]

But Im probably in the minority how do yall the real players feel
    • Like x 3
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Meh. For a vet who has everything from vendors what else does one need with source Mark's
    • Like x 1
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I have more issue with Artifacts actual cost than I do Source Marks. As in real life $$. The cost is pretty redonkulous for a 0 to Rank 200 Artifact.
    • Like x 6
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

You're only looking at the half truth. Catalysts are only part of it. You have to look at the Nth Metal too. Catalysts were never really an issue for anyone, even with the incoming increase of costs (very minor).

Also as brother Allen pointed out. Its the Real world $$ that is a real issue with these. over 100 dollars just for One Artifact is indeed redonkulous.
    • Like x 8
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

ah nvm... way to many marks anyway
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For just the cats? Meh. Assuming you are endgame, If you do a moderate grind (the last 2 DLCs weekly content, vault daily, a few days of the daily outdoor missions) you can knock out 300 marks a month pretty easy, so that's a little more than 4 months worth of source farming while you are probably looking at 8-12 months of Nth farming (at least) to get 1.6 million in Nth. You should have way more source than Nth except for the first few breakthroughs, but those, of course...are only a fraction of the source/cats you'll need for the later breakthroughs.

Yeah, cats are not the issue....and the marks it will take to buy them. Less so if you keep a level 10+ toon around who you can just use to get weekly event run stuff done for some extra marks/cats.

Nth on the other hand....yeah, that will hurt. Personally, I'm guessing I won't drop 1 piece of Nth in until the next 2x weekend...which might mean I don't use either (nth or Cats) for 3-4 more months. I'm hoping to have a boat load of both before then.

Now....if you asked how do I feel about using upwards of 20 SOP (assuming some fails on level 80, 100, 120, 140) + 3 SOC for 160, 180 and 200.....well, that's yet another question. Sounds like $20 to me just in seals, although probably only one of those every few months. You just need to wrap your head around the fact that 180 or 200 won't happen for a year...it looks much better if you understand that fact.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

Money grab is obvious at level 160-200. For SOC's. Noone's gonna forcefully waste source marks to get all the catalysts over and over again because you refuse to buy a SOC. Especially, when Source marks can only be obtained from last 2 Episodes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its actually 1392 marks lol

Old - 20/30/60/90/120/150/180/210
    New - 14/34/56/88/120/152/184/216/248/280
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not the biggest fan.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

$20-25 per artifact.
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

[IMG]

thats how i feel
    • Like x 1
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's the cost. I'm pretty sure that no Artifact is intended to be force-fed from 0 to 200 overnight, because generally people have picked them up, and levelled them as they progress. It's a natural part of progression then. If you want to ram one from 0-200, that's the cost, whether you do it slowly over time, or all at once. I don't see anybody that levelled them over time complaining about that.

You want the perks, pay for the cost everyone else has. **** - I sound like Proxy now :D.
    • Like x 2
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

What's your definition of a "real player"?

Is it that I shout "cash grab" every time I want something that I can grind for, or I can pay for, but that I don't want to do either for?"
    • Like x 1
  15. Critical Massacre Committed Player

The marks kinda sucks but I can handle the grind. The problem I have is the possible loss of your cats due to failed breakthroughs. No breakthrough should fail after putting all that work in, that’s the kind of thing that will make you want to walk away from a game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I don’t mind paying for content or styles but if I have to pay real money for artifacts just so my character is able to play high level content then the game has just became pointless because it becomes about how actually rich you are versus having actual skills.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Dcuo and i have really grew apart.

Suppression of opinions
    Loot boxes
    No new powers in almost 3 years
    A whole summer with no content
    No transparency

Realize that since they raised the cash cap to 3k there hasn’t been a single thread ab raising it higher ( besides the two that grew out of hand that first week)

I guess the icing was really the no new styles for the Halloween seasonal, just a new trinket then a variant that has a aura ( i hear theres a new boo coming) but seasonal styles, especially Halloween, is one of the most cherished and reliable content that we get here on dcuo & now they’re taking that too
    • Like x 1
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

A P2W system...
  19. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Where's the suppression - no, really - where is it? Do you mean not responding to *your* opinion?
    Loot boxes are always optional. Sorry if it's not for you.
    What powers do you want?
    OK, I'll give you that one - but launching a whole new platform doesn't come at no development cost. Sorry if it's not for you.
    No transparency in *what*?

There were two, long-winded threads on the cash cap... immediately. How many threads do you want on it? One a week, so we can keep up with the Blue Lantern Healer requests?

No new Halloween Styles? What for? I imagine with back-to-back DLC (after a Summer of no content, remember...) it was considered that there would be enough Styles to work towards. What is it you want?

You complain and moan, and spout doom-laden half-implications.

Try not ******** about what you didn't get, and try pushing for what you want. It's never going to happen otherwise.

I get so fed up with your me me me posts.
    • Like x 2