The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Ozzy Osbourne attempt

[IMG]
    [IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

Spirit Detective Orelia w/ her Spirit Beast

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

I got the face/skin idea from someone else on this forum to update my Mermaidman. I forgot who it was but thank you anyway.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

What better way to make sure no stray humans sneak up on you in space and discover your secret identity while you're fighting aliens in other star systems, than to keep your whole face covered?
    Oh yeah and Jarro, remember what Batman said?
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

Are those cathedral windows from the Halloween event?
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Nice one :) I used that head style for my king shark style some time ago :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, after doing a few quick and dirty Batman costumes, both Generic Modern and Classic, for my Wannabat character, I finally decided to focus on a specific costume, the actual Modern Age Batman Rebirth Costume:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I did the best replica I could with the styles I have available, but there ARE planned updates. I don't yet have the Owlman Foot Style for him, and I also don't have the Void Material, so I can't give his cape the purple lining right now. And the Rebirth utility belt is really hard to realize in this game. I did the best I could with my preferred Modern Age Utility Belt, the Gotham Knight Waist Style. Here's what I've got so far:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I tried to grab a selfie with the game's official NPC Batman on top of a roof, but he ran off before I could get in position. :(

Styles used, for the benefit of the newer players that aren't as familiar with these styles...

HEAD: Dark Knight's Cowl (has to be purchased in the Marketplace)
    CHEST, LEGS, AND FEET: Stalwart Defender
    HANDS AND BACK: Future Crusader
    SHOULDERS: Disciple of Parallax
    WAIST: Gotham Knight
    EMBLEM: Batman Rebirth

It was only while recreating this outfit that it finally dawned on me why the artists put that gold outline around the Bat Emblem, instead of sticking to the all-black bat. While the yellow oval surrounding a much smaller black bat is very outdated (having been introduced over 50 years ago,) this new Rebirth look adds that little bit of color to the chest in a more modern way, and it also makes the emblem "pop" in a way that it doesn't when it's all black. It's definitely grown on me! :cool:
    • Like x 2
  8. Azreaus Committed Player

Have you tried the Shock Jock shoulders? I like using them whenever I'm rocking a Batman look.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I would also add owlsuit feet style and if you got the void material use it for the cape so it can have a purple inner color :)
  10. Azreaus Committed Player

[IMG]

He's already wearing the Owlsuit boots (mainly because I think they're the best slimline we have atm) and I've added some purple as requested.
    • Like x 4
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Looks pretty good. Btw, in lieu of the Void Material why not get the Shadow Material from Chaos Gotham?
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Edit; Misread the first comment. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Foxsauce New Player

Amazing Batman... er, Batmen, guys! Makes me want to create an actual Batguy one of these days. Or maybe a Batwoman in Batman's outfit? The possibilities are endless! ✨
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    Someone had asked me EONS ago to make the Grim Knight.
    Took me a while.... but finally did it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Foxsauce New Player

Here's a revitalized version of Sky Captain - My homage of both Captain America turned into a Green Lantern, or Hal Jordan becoming Captain America who then becomes a Green Lantern. Which one is the correct one? You make the call!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Kudos to @RunfromDanger Man and @Jack T. Chance for the idea using the Green Metal Chroma on a Green Lantern!
    • Like x 8
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just as some food for thought, Foxsauce, this is what the Green Energy Shield from one of the Marketplace weapon packs looks like.

[IMG]

There's also the route of getting your hands on a Glowing Material and applying it to your weapon if you wanted a green energy shield with a different look, but that might be expensive if you don't already have the Glowing Material.
    • Like x 3
  17. Foxsauce New Player

Yeah, I do know about that particular shield. I have been playing since it first went F2P, mind you! :p But thanks for the recommendations regardless! I might change or I won't, I have decided yet. I still love my current Shield to bits. :)

As for the Glowing Materials, yeah, that is way more expensive that I first thought. I may get it but not at the moment. o_o
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No offense or anything like that intended, I just played it safe. Doesn't hurt when there are things in the Marketplace or game itself that can slip by even veteran players. :D

And yeah, going after old Materials and collectibles from older BBs/TCs/Resurgence Capsules gets tough as time goes on. Best you can do is hope for a deal of a lifetime or some variation of the powerset Materials to come along.
  19. Foxsauce New Player

No need, I never saw it as an offense, and very true! :) I mean, even if I knew there were Green Lantern style weapons, only yesterday I found out there were Ice and Fire Styles weapons. Shows how much I really know! :confused:

Yeah, my best gamble currently is the Resurgence Capsules. And an economy that will support it once its released. :oops:
  20. Kilghara New Player