high cr Solo's are terrible.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Oh my ******* GOD they are pure ******* torture and terrible, why the **** do you guys have instances that ONE SHOTS you immediately without any guide or whatsoever?
    Can we stop having solos that ONE SHOTS me over and over again? seriously! it's ******* trash and a ****** thing to do.
    This is why i've stopped doing HIgh cr solos cause they are TOO IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE even with **** ton of SP's.
  2. Korvyne Committed Player

Try adding a shield to your loadout, I'm not sure what solo you're having trouble with?
    • Like x 9
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

What solo?
    • Like x 3
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Which solos you referring to? The Atlantis one(241+cr) has a reflect mechanic last boss, and if u attack Zoltar (whatever his name is) when he has a bubble shield on, your damage to him will be reflected back to you

Use sodas, shields, supply drops if you are struggling. And healing crystal too
    • Like x 4
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

funny...i cant think of a single once hard solo that hasnt been nerfed to prison lower bunk status...anyways...block shield soda...press more buttons...amazing how many times that works in those dreadful 2D fighting games
    • Like x 3
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Did you make sure you're doing a solo and not a weekly that's designed for a group of people?
    • Like x 4
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I was thinking this as well, since there's no solo "instance" with one-shot mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Better for you to give an example vs 'high CR Solos' as there is really only 1 of those 'Atlantis-Royal Palace' and there are 2 one-shots in there.....1 is the LB, don't hit his reflection shield. The 2nd is the Crown of Thorns itself....you should out run it. If you are talking about 'Deluge-Stemming the Tide' or anything earlier, and you are getting 1 shot, you probably need to work on your DPSing abilities.

BTW.... The Shadow Golem, Shogg Lord and Giant Pod are all group missions....just in case.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Since when solos in this game were actually challenging?
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There are no solos that can't be blasted through if you have plenty of SP and properly filled out augments. Add to that base gear mods and artifacts, and you're close to unkillable.

The idea that any of the solos can't be done blindfolded and with one hand, if you're properly SPed up with proper gear, etc., is risible.

Solos *used* to be hard a few years ago when they first appeared, but that hasn't been the case since the Oa solo was new. Pengbot was once tough. The iconic solos were hard for the first couple of months, but have been nerfed a hundred times since. Etc.

Back in the day, even some of the under-30 stuff was hard, instead of un-losable. Bruno Mannheim gave people trouble. But even those were perfectly doable by playing smart, with soders and dodging and barrels instead of just button-mashing.

How many SP do you have? What are your augment and artifact levels?

If all else fails, there are also your soders and orange barrels and remembering to range, not melee mindlessly. Roll and run away as necessary.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The last time someone asked the response was:
  12. Critical Massacre Committed Player

This is what happens when you spend too much time doing lower content trying for feats or whatever. You’re skills start to slip at the higher content and you get frustrated. You can’t just blast and chill you got to roll and block, use barrels or whatever you can. The lower content can make you complacent but the level content is intended to be hard you just have to find the load out that works for you with the play-style that makes you the best. Dying at level means you’ve got some gaps in your play style that you need to work on.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Like others before me, I assume you mean the solo Atlantis mission, as JLD does not have a *solo* instance. I had trouble with that one too at first with my main healer, especially with outracing the Crown of Thorns Wall and dealing with the mobs that block your way. I found out quickly that my toon was not strong enough to just outrace those mobs and deal with them at the doorway; I would either get stunned and one shot downed with a quickness or the Crown of Thorns Wall would catch up to me. So, I had to rank up/change my artifacts and tweak my loadout a little bit.That solo was the main reason why I purchased and still use the Seahorse Pet! In fact, I find that pets, trinkets and henchmen work well for that solo.:D

Edit: oh by the way, I had this trouble on the Normal version; the Event version was very forgiving.
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its nice to see some honesty. the crown of thorns never gave me much trouble..it was easy to stay ahead of it but the final boss fight was a little on the challenging side when it first went live. the death of superman solo was the same way. All it took was a little stronger gear and going through it a couple of times to get it down pat.

if anything i think we need better developed solo content. nothing beats a good raid~especially if you're with a good group and you know everyone and the content is fresh and new. sadly given our population that only lasts a couple of weeks when new dlcs go live and then we're left trying to form groups for ever. some good solo content would go a long way in making the game feel fresh again. interconnected missions like we had leveling, with side missions and different contacts and lots of open world antics...
    • Like x 2
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was the opposite, had trouble staying ahead of the thorns but the boss wasn’t too bad outside of a nasty glitch with his spear throwing attack during the first week or so.
    • Like x 2
  16. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Lol what the djjduduzuz

Solo instance are not terrible. They'r just the easiest mission on this game. Not any difficulty.
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

Is this a troll post? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This is the same person that made the "nerf elite raids" thread so...that's probably a safe bet.
    • Like x 1
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

outside of the atlantis solo nothing really ever gave me trouble except science spire, and it wasn't the bosses, it was the energy orb room cause i kept stumbling over boxes/objects in super speed and couldn't maneuver the circular room in flight. even then the only real problem was being nature DPS in palace due to the DOTS taking time/recharge times on supercharges. hal is also somewhat nerve racking in Oa under siege at level but that's the only ones i can think of.
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

The problem with solo content is that there's no one to carry you if you're terrible.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.