Livestream What Is Metal?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Livestream: What Is Metal?

Metal Part I is the next episode for DCUO, launching September 12, 2019. But just what IS Metal? What comic arcs inform and inspire the episode? If you are a little bit lost sorting out the wild ride that is Metal or if you want to know where to start reading, join us for a special comics-focused livestream this Friday.

Creative Director NerdOfPrey and Senior Writer Pantheon will talk us through the comics, the process of translating a story from page to game, and generally geek out about all things Metal. This will be a more interactive livestream, so make sure to bring your Metal-related questions!

The livestream will begin at 12PM PT on September 6, 2019, over on Twitch.
    • Like x 11
  2. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Super, sounds great!
  3. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER Gr...

Uhh...nvm

;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Baby Darkseid, devs. Make it happen! #METAL
    • Like x 1
  6. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Ahahahahah that was for you, glad you'r still here ! :p
  7. bit.do/john832 New Player

Dictionary

metal
    /ˈmɛt(ə)l/
    a solid material which is typically hard, shiny, malleable, fusible, and ductile, with good electrical and thermal conductivity (e.g. iron, gold, silver, and aluminium, and alloys such as steel).
    • Like x 3
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yay!

finally you guys are fixing mental!!

my prayers are finally answered!

no more double casts! no more invisibility woes! hooray for telekinesis!

oh. wait. metal...

:(

:p
  9. thirty six Loyal Player

I wonder if this is why they lock commenting on these Threads xD
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

or as i like to call him babycide ;););).
  11. Ekart Committed Player

I'll do you one better: Why is Metal?

[IMG]
  12. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Too many lolzzzzzzzz in here, we'll go with 1 for the metal..., 2
  13. EctoLantern Active Player

I know this post isn't going to mean anything, but I want to air my grievance.

I am a casual player. I've never been an awesome player that everybody wants on their team - I never liked being part of an MMO, but I loved this game because of the mechanics, the visuals, and the open world aspect. When I say I loved, I mean that. I moved to a rural area where cable internet was not available and paid an obscene amount of money for 4G service with Verizon so I could continue to play. I rarely joined groups or did alerts and raids. I didn't join the multiple player stuff because I'm not a good player and I got weary of being singled out in missions as the reason the mission failed. But I continued to play, creating multiple toons and leveling up time after time doing solo missions because I love the graphics and mechanics of this game. My character is currently 266 CR. He's not any higher because I don't do raids or alerts. I get my character as high as possible doing solo stuff. That said, I've tried the Metal Part 1 solo 22 times - I can't get past the final boss. I came very, very close once but then my life was sucked out of me - 25% in an instant, and I died. I've used up all my repair bots and will not spend another dime buying another. I resent the fact I have to complete this before I can do the open world stuff. I've paid $15.00 a month for YEARS as a member, but it looks like the game no longer wants the casual player, or the player that likes doing things in their own time. I KNOW this is an MMO. Why play an MMO if you don't like MMOs? Because I could still do a lot in this game without having to join groups, etc. Until this episode I could solo my way along. Now I can't because I'm not a good enough player to move forward. I am canceling my membership and uninstalling the game from my computer. I know this means nothing to Daybreak - they're raking in the cash. But if there are any other disgruntled or frustrated users out there, I just want you to know you're not alone. When a game stops being fun, it's time to stop playing the game. To those of you having no issues with the Metal Part 1, good for you. I wish I was as good as you so i could continue playing this awesome game. Happy gaming!!
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Heya, Ecto. Sorry to hear you're not having fun - however, this was a thread for the storyline Livestream where the devs talked about the DC Comics version of Metal. The devs are never going to see your game-related feedback here.

There were several threads about this solo a week ago, so you're not alone in your feelings. If you really want the devs to hear your voice, I'd consider posting in the official thread or one of the others.

Official Thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-speedster-solo-feedback.304016/#post-4260662

Member Thread (with some helpful tips for that instance)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...s-a-solo-i-wont-do-often.304033/#post-4260362

Hope you come back eventually!