Help with celestial dps

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Tahaalizzy2000, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Tahaalizzy2000 Well-Known Player

Hello! Can anyone share what celestial dps they’re using right now. Mine is pretty simple, but I don’t think it’s very good. I have divine light to wrath for ads. For bosses I use divine light clipped with plague and then either spam wrath until plague comes back up or do retribution clipped with wither. I have cursed idol as my superpower. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve it. Thanks!
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

With the pet artifact I get about 60 hits per 10 second parse with this load out for single target:
    PcDL clip with DLcP clip with CS clip with RcW clip with Malediction clip with RcW clip with repeat ...
    I use NeoVenom boost for the 6th spot and have 160 EoG artifact. I prefer to use Neo Venom instead of CI for SC because of mobile boss targets in elite raids. Most of them teleport or jump around constantly.
    You know you are clipping correctly when DL is just coming off cool down when you are in the next PcDL. Same with Malediction. I think you can probably get better damager per second by using solar amplifier at 160 and heat vision. I would sub that instead of the RcW moves and see how the timing works out, since I don't think you can clip heat vision and get full damage.

For adds in elite raids:
    PcDL clip with DL clip with WotPcCS x4. Repeat. Have Robot sidekick out too.
    I always clip the CS combo with the next WotP to stop the animation. You should be able to do 4 WotPcCS moves and see DL coming off cooldown just as you finish the next PcDL move to know your clipping is fast enough.
    Of course adds die too quickly in regular content, so I just clip DL and spam WotPcCS until the adds are dead. Always use RS on adds and I have the pet artifact too. Honestly not sure what to do on adds. If you get Venom wrist up to 120 and level up all your prec augments, bow smoke bomb WM is probably better.
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

always check the power guide before asking these types of question as i can promise you on those threads this topic is 100 % covered at length by anyone with the slightest interest in whatever power your concerned with
    • Like x 1
  5. Throwawaybrown New Player

In all fairness to Tahaalizzy and his question, the celestial guide that deals with DPS hasn't been updated since 2016, or commented in since 2017 (and commented in in such a way as to help a newbie since even longer.) That's before artifacts became EVERYTHING, and as someone who merely took a break between late 2018 and now, DPS changed a boatload during that gap, much less 2-3 years. TBH, I'm still trying to figure out the new DPS meta, and the unwillingness of this particular forum to change its guides has indeed made that much harder (and forced me to rely on very unreliable youtube sources.
  6. Berza Committed Player

7. Al Uzza Active Player

Thank you! The celestial forum is outdated and pretty hard to understand for someone new. There was nothing wrong with the guy asking for help.
  8. Al Uzza Active Player

Thanks! Do you mind writing out what the abbreviations are for because I can't find what PcDL and DlcP are. Sorry, Im really bad at this.
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

PcDL=Plague combo Divine Light, DLcP=Divine Light combo Plague, CS=Consume Soul, RcW=Retribution combo Whither

EoG=Eye Of the Gemini aritifact, CI=Cursed Idol, SC=Super Charge

WotPcCS=Wrath of the Presence combo Consume Soul

Even though it is a locked thread, the Celestial guide does a good job describing all the powers and what the combos are:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-guide-to-celestial-post-stats-revamp.289905/
    • Like x 1
  10. Careless Active Player

Can you drop divine light if you are running the grim artifact at 160 and run something like smite?
  11. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Celestial is my favorite power with Fire being a close second. How does your loadout/rotation stack up against the likes of Earth, Munitions, Nature, Gadgets, and Rage?