Test Discussion Episode 35: Monsters of Metal 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey everyone! We're excited to present the new content we've been working hard creating, including the new "Monsters of Metal" 8-Player Raid.

There are 3 versions of this raid, including the Event, Normal, and Elite versions. The Event version should be playable by anyone who's level 12 or above who's played through the early-game content, or for any character level 14 or above. The Normal and Elite versions are for end-game players.

Now that this content is on the PCTest server, please give it a go, and post any feedback or bug reports in this thread. Please note whether you're playing as hero or villain, and which mode you were testing.

There are some minor polish changes that are still forthcoming in future patches to PCTest.
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Batman Who Laughs fight, some additional thought needs to be given about this canister mechanic. When you "transfer" the canister to someone else, you form change back and have almost no power. You're also left at very low health. Here is a demonstration:

That's a giant pain if you're trying to play Controller.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the Poison Ivy fight transformations, there needs to be a way to manually change forms. Can we get that added as a #4 power?

There were times during the fight where I wanted to drop the transformation so I could shield up and try to rally someone.
  4. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Feedback
    I tanked regular version of this raid as rage tank and most the parts had perma stunns which caused 100% rage crash. Some of these perma stunns are mechanic which is "click mouse button" type. Other ones are just straight perma stunns that you can do nothing until it ends. Even Dark robins is doing that.

This is a common issue for rage tanks. Old episodes had that problem before.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What does the Sunblade do on the Mister Freeze fight? Nightwing and Robin remind you to pick it up if it is dropped. I didn't have a chance to pick it up myself. The DPS always got it first and they always seemed very confused about what to do with it. There was nothing on my screen that indicated what you were supposed to use it for. One person mentioned using it on the "blue cauldrons", but that didn't seem to do anything.

Confusion seems to reign supreme in the Mister Freeze fight on a first playthrough. We eventually cleared it by luck. You eventually get to the point where you need the Ice Giant to knock down the remaining portion of the Ice Wall. We all initially thought it was a mechanic tied to the Sunblade and kept the giant away from the Dome.

I feel like some additional messaging would help a lot in that fight.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How is Poison Ivy's Defense buff supposed to work? I was watching a replay of my run from yesterday and I'm not getting a good sense of its mechanics. I initially thought it was tied to proximity with the boss adds. However, the defense buff remains even when all the adds are dead. I thought maybe it was a required Controller debuff. I didn't notice any significant damage increase when the Defense debuff was active. I tried out each of the form transformation powers on Poison Ivy, but that didn't remove the Defense buff either.

The buff lead to a very long and tedious fight.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    At the start of the last boss fight, what is the the expected damage output from the Batman Who Laughs on Normal mode? I went in by myself as a Controller and was surprised with the low damage output from the boss's Dual Pistol attacks.
  8. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

FeedBack
    I tanked Elite version of this raid. I was rage tank whit cr 270, 313 sp whit r200 manacles, r200 dislutel and r200 Mystic of Seven and the other tank was ice. My group was only 7 guys ranging between cr270-271.
    Our setup was: 2 dps, 2 tanks, 1 troll, 2 healers.

Before First Boss
    OMG sexy sword:3 That gigant wall OMG it was lit:3. What?!? the wall is an ambush? (muhahaha)

First Boss
    We came whit a good strat to do the puzzle and the boss went smoothly.

Before Second Boss
    The adds were pretty lame, there was nothing special in thoose. There was no real threat in there.

Second Boss
    Mister Freeze is that u? Same AEO move, lame.
    For some reason both me and the ice tank could get mind controlled. For the most part, the ice tank was just looking into the sky. Some mates complated about that large health pool of hers.
    Ivy also couldnt get counter, figures.

Before Final Boss
    The radiation wave animation was really amazing, but wasn't that suposed to be deadly? It did 0 damage to the group and i was hoping to get like 20% hp whatevener it passed;_;

Final Boss
    To be honest, it seemed great. But, we all got disapointed. So we have 7 waves, but only in the the first 2 waves bosses show up? The rest is grab some robins and sleep? Thoose robins were also anoying cause from time to time they would either get immune or stun me. I was either hopping to kill the batman who laughs or both bosses that went down.
  9. JackFrost Developer

I'm going to tune the amount of power and health players get after they transfer the alloy. I do want it to be somewhat challenging, and thematically, it's supposed to be draining to absorb and transfer the alloy. Thanks for the feedback!
  10. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Sorry, about some misspelling, i was on phone.
    Here is the video of our run it was trimmed, but you can see some stuff i mention above.
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think it’s fine the way it is. A little challenge is good.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

With only 2 dps and using last dlc's gear the burn should have took a while. Once geared up it won't be bad.

I see to much feedback based on what they player is wearing/using at the time without thinking what it will be like once geared up. Raids on test should be a struggle but sadly they are not. This needs to change.

Also I'd like to see the difficulty of this raid and the other one turned up. We should not be beating elite raids on test using last dlc's gear.
  13. Ully Committed Player

Feedback from Elite.

1st Boss fight. - Mister Freeze's Pull is a one shot and there's no tell for it. No skull, no nothing. He turns around quickly and its an instant death to anyone he pulls. Also, I feel like the Ice Giant's charge should inflict more damage to the Tanks or anyone in the group that fails to avoid the charge.

2nd Boss fight. - Is it possible for both Tanks to get Mind Controlled?

3rd Boss fight. - The Dark Robins are close to impossible to CC or even pull for that matter. Chronos weren't always working and I could not CC them using Resonating Gale. Its really annoying not being able to control these adds as a tank.

Also, did you guys change the countering mechanics in this raid? I couldn't PVP the NPCS. I couldn't block break them or lunge any interruptibles except for the Red Death's cyclones and the Batman Who Laugh's skull attack. Countering did not work on Mister Freeze, Poison Ivy or the Merciless.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Im sorry but this needs to be pointed out for what it is, your dps have used an broken mechanic.

Both the dps in your run, as evidenced in your video were using an extremely broken weapon mastery, one that was doing insane damage, bow to full auto.

Both the DPS in your run have turned the entire instance into easy mode by exploiting something that was clearly and evidently broken, I'm sorry but what were they thinking? How do you not realise you've invalidated your entire feedback and probably that of Ules as well.

Granted some of the feedback might have merit but what those dps have done in your raid is pervert the experience of the entire group because what happened in that raid was not what anyone is going to experience, there's no way to seperate a reasonable and genuine experience from one you instead gained through the dps in your group knowingly exploiting a broken weapon, including perverting the testing process.

They knew that WM was broken but they used it anyway? Why? What were they attempting to prove? Here you've got some people saying it's too easy but you've got two DPS in there effectively cheating...

Crappyheals is legitimately suggesting the raids shouldn't be beat day 1, how is it fair for him for example to take that position legitimately or not when the perception of difficulty is being skewed by people so blantantly exploiting something that's broken then passing off feedback based on an experience they knew full well would distort perception...

You should go back and test the instance without exploiting bow to full auto and then provide reliable actual feedback based on that realistic experience, whatever that might end up being.

The only reason ive said this isn't to aggravate you but at the same time we all test this game with the hope that content will be released as bug free as possible and serves as a good experience for the community, it's therefore important feedback is free from people abusing things that have already been highlighted as broken.

With that in mind i look forward to your further feedback once you've tested it again. ;)
    • Like x 9
  15. SilkyPawz Bunny

I hope the dev @jackfrost , watching this video will take into account, The DPS (Gem & Crow and the Healer) are using the Broken full Auto Weapon Mastery.

Nothing personal I just think that needs to be pointed out.
    • Like x 4
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Like Ules mention before, im giving the prespective from a tank stand point. On first boss I tanked the remaining adds, so no matter how much time it took, it was not a challenge at all, in no instance was I or the group in real danger when mr freeze came out, if you dont count the skull and 1shot random pull.

On second boss, we did the required mechanics. There was even an instance where both tanks got mc. Even if you say, the dps were abusing and dealing twice the damage they should. You could also take in consideration that we were 1 person short and one of the tanks could easy dps if the mc wasnt glinched out. So it makes it even i guess.

For 3rd boss, again there was no real danger. I took everything while the other tank got the upcomming bosses. So yes, our feedback was very legit and we will be happy to go for it again, not sure if i will tank it though:)

Regardess of the amount of adds and enviroment, burn had little to no effect, but boy is a shame that ultra awesome radiation wave deals no damage.
  17. JackFrost Developer

Hey y'all! Thanks for the feedback and perspectives. I agree that the Elite fight (at a minimum) needs to be more challenging, and I'll be working on some things in the coming days to try to get it where it needs to be. Some of those changes probably will be in before this coming weekend, so please don't be surprised if some minor bug fixes and cosmetic updates are most of what you see in the meantime. Thanks again for playtesting on the Test server!
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, well like i said, i look forward to seeing your additional feedback without that going on :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Ully Committed Player

The point of the video was to briefly show the bosses, nothing more. Also, regarding our feedback, Ytvq and I, specifically kept the feedback from a Tank's POV, and JackFrost seems to agrees with it. The current build of Elite has the bosses hitting like Regular, and NO AMOUNT OF BURN, will inherently change weak attacks.
  20. Ully Committed Player

Also Proxy, can you show me which parts of my feedback lack validity, concerning the points I laid out in my original post? Please let me know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.