Updated Count of SP from Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Aug 24, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just in case any one was curious.
    #1 Time Capsule Total: 4.5 SP
    #2 Amazon Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #3 Qwardian Time Capsule Total: 5.1 SP
    #4 Team-Up Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #5 Time Torn Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #6 Arcane Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #7 Gotham Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #8 Notorious Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #9 Paradox Time Capsule Total: 4.4 SP
    #10 Assassin Time Caps Total: 4.45 SP
    #11 Kryptonian Time Capsule Total: 3.5 SP
    #12 Cursed Gotham Time Capsule Total: 3.55 SP
    #13 Atlantean Time Capsule Total: 4.9 SP
    #14 Shazam! Time Capsule Total: 5.2 SP
    #15 Dark Knights Time Capsule Total: 3.5 SP

Grand Total of 65.5 SP
    That's almost 14% out of all combined sources of Skill Points.
    • Like x 22
  2. Eve YouTuber

Thanks for this, I still don't have everything but it gives some insight about it
    • Like x 3
  3. Attackfrog Active Player

I Will never get all those skill points, which is too bad, because given the amount of time I have spent in this game, I should have at least one character at sp cap by now lol.

But with such a large number locked behind loot boxes, it will never happen. It's this reason I keep leaving to play other games after just a few months at a time of playing.

But it must be working for them because they have been doing it for years now. And that's the saddest part.
    • Like x 3
  4. Heywiar Committed Player

That's why it pisses me off when people say "Its only like 60 skill points."
    That's 60 skill points...that's a LOT of skill points!!
    • Like x 8
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

They should just throw SP in the marketplace and be done with it.
    • Like x 5
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You guys are ignoring the other 400+ SP that aren't associated with Time Capsules. You don't need every available skill point when you can max out a role with around 300. 65 SP is not a lot when you compare it to the 80 SP you get from the CR 210 skip.
    • Like x 11
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

The amount doesn't matter. The sheer fact that SP is contained in TCs is the issue. They have no place in them.
    • Like x 8
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There was an era where I cared about Skill Points. I chased every Feat, any and every chance at more SP. I remember a time that I had nearly every Feat in the game (I was 4 away from being complete - yes, that was before LPvE).

But then diminishing returns kicked in. Now, after 450+ points, the stat boosts don't really feel like they help me all that much with the content I run. Getting them feels like a 'Win More' situation.

So having 14% of all possible SP in TCs really doesn't concern me much at all. Heck, I even have a bunch of those 14% TC Feats thanks to Stabilizer runs and Loyalty Points. Maybe it should bother me, but it doesn't.

I'd love a reason to chase SP again. Maybe then I'd be more worried about how many SP we get out of TCs.

Edit: And thanks for the numbers, Lorax. Always good to have full #transparency.
    • Like x 5
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Eh, some of the other SP not associated with Time Capsules are with LPVE and PVP, though. People love the SP from these. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  11. Attackfrog Active Player

It's more the idea of being "at cap". Most other mmos I play I have at least one character at whatever the "cap" is, and I don't have to buy loot boxes to do it (though I might sub).

I am a day break member (which I view as a sub), so it just seems scummier than the other games I play. But then again, that's why I don't stick around very long at end game with this game.
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Should just b able to buy sp honestly.
    Pvp isn’t a thing so it wouldn’t b pay to win
    If the whole team completes a raid its a win across the board..
    • Like x 1
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Each Time Capsule averaging 4+ SP is too much. If the average was 1SP, then 15-16 SP total from all Time Capsules is not so bad.

By the way, what is the max SP right now that people can get?
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i guess 485sp
  16. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Right now? So with the new episode, it would be close to 500. Damn
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

If the TC releases aren't slowed down and possibly readjusted with the amount of SP they contain in the future, it won't take long before we reach the 100+ SP-mark.
    • Like x 2
  18. Heywiar Committed Player

I'm not ignoring the other 400+sp at all. I'm not sure why you think that.
    14% is 14%. That is a lot of skill points...especially because its hidden behind a paywall. This new system with the chromas makes it more difficult for people who save up stabilizers to gain feats too.
    I honestly am more pro time capsule than most people, but I have to be realistic and understand that 14% is still a lot.
    Also, depending on your power and role, you can't max out with 300. The skill point trees alone are almost 300. Some tanks need resto, dom, and health. Healers need resto, some power, some dom, etc. Maxing out all of those stats would require way more than 300.
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So? Feats from Episodes/Seasonal will still outweigh. It will take another 8 or 9 capsules before we hit that 100 SP benchmark, at the current rate of release that will take 3 to 4 years...
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

It really won't take 3-4 years lol, UNLESS like I said they slow down the process.

Feel free to count how many new SP's there are over a year, that is tied to actual content and then how many in total tied to TC's over that same year. It's indeed an issue lol
    • Like x 1