Dev Discussion Development Update: Artifact Catalyst Consolidation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dresserball Dedicated Player

You have 60 days
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

You can get a decent amount of nth metal just from running the vault and the stabilizer every day. like 12k a week
  3. L T Devoted Player

In general this seems like a win for players convenience-wise.

Could you please make opening each one super-quick? I have like 300 catalyst caches stockpiled.

Also, will each new catalyst stack to 999?
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The Generator perks expire every 60 days, so you'd have 60 to spend....25 left over after recharging. Assuming you are running vault every day, that's 60 marks to cover your 35 need. When you leave the vault warp to Chaos Gotham and pick up your free mission for a 2nd mark + demohedron. Got a few extra minutes...there are 4 weekly 8 mark missions down there. Realistically you can get all 4 done in 30 min...shorter if you get in a group who does all 4 without coming apart....that's 32 more a week.

Will getting 1 mark or 2 marks in Arkham be easier? (BTW....an hour in Arkham? That alert wasn't an hour when it was current).

Reinheld
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed on all points except the rarity. As they all come from the same guy, none of them are 'rare'. 'Expensive-er' might be a better, albeit improper, word. I honestly think they only kept the 1, 2, 3 cat levels because as someone else pointed out going to 1 would have cost programming effort on the fortify screen. Having 3 levels leaves the screen in tact, only changing which cats are at 1, 2 and 3 positions.

Yeah, and I was not saying it was a bad deal with 6-12 marks one way or the other....just thought you were saying we were 'ahead' per level....I'd guess most people have the artifacts they are interested in up at 80-100 (which is where the losing marks comes in) and only the new artifacts will really be 0-160 or 200 even. Either way having to grind a few marks is an ok price to pay to get rid of the boxes of boxes method.

I'm just hoping the counts per rank stay the same....i.e. still 8,7,6 cats at 160, etc...

Reinheld
  6. joshpit7 New Player

Please take into consideration to adjust VWD duration from 6 sec to 12 sec. If you nerf it 50% and keep it at 6 sec, it might make it useless. Also it would mesh well with the venom boost super charge which makes sense.
  7. Rexbit New Player

Hmm just wondering if I got 50 Catalyst that means I will get 500 marks?
  8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

OKAY so.. Hi.

7 days = 1 perk
    5 perks = 35

35 marks a month for the generator + the upkeep of Artifacts (10 marks each) + vendor gear (4 to 16 marks each) x 17 alts +Q'ing time + reward vs time invested = no.

I ran Arkham back the day when it was new.. on par, it takes ages, especially if you have someone new in the group.

I do do what you suggest about Chaos Gotham.. but doing that 17 times feels grindy.

I'm having to choose between a mask (4 marks) and refreshing my generator..

Like I said its fine if your just doing all this on one char.. or even if your doing it on a trifecta.. but once you have many reg alts.. variety is the spice of life.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't do it on 17, but if you aren't getting on them for the few min it takes to get the vault, the daily freebie and at least the 4 weekly outdoors done, do you really need all that maintenance? You're worried about keeping up their orbitals....for the vault? Those sound like storage toons to me. Besides, nothing about this is changing due to the change in catalysts. I think you are looking to join or start a new thread about 'remove marks relevancy'....there are several to choose from out there, but it's also been a week or so since the last, so a new one is about due.

BTW...I run on about 15 toons once a week for the weeklies, and big vault Nth drop...have plenty for the generator....I run about 10 of those daily. So not just 3. Sounds like you want to have 17 viable toons but don't actually want to run them. Running 17 different toons should feel grindy....cause it is.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

So, let me get this straight:

Catalysts will come in 3 flavors as per Episode 35 Update: Common, Uncommon and Rare.

They will also have 3 different price points per rarity: 7 marks (common), 10 marks (uncommon) and rare (15 marks)

After the next game update (Episode 35), you have to buy the new ones and consume the old catalyst single and/or cache for 10 marks each. For now, the catalysts remain the same.

Question:
    Do the devs think they can come up with a similar system for Nth metal? It would be nice to only have to craft 3 to 5 types of Nth metal instead of crafting a new level of Nth metal for each new Episode.
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

I think you mean Exobytes since we dont craft Nth Metal. The Crafting system of the Exobytes is in part because its a Tier system within the game on where they drop and how much XP to give those items without making the Augments "OP" in regards to that Tier's Content.
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Right.. that is what I meant. Sorry, just came in from another day of celebration! :D

I understand that the crafting system is tiered based but it seems to be out of place to me now, especially since it is easier than ever to level up *out of tier* for content before you even get your hands on an artifact or augment, especially of you use a CR skip.
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im not sure i understand the Out of Place part. Even with my CR Skip, though knowledge I alredy know to salvage and what not, the Augments are given and the Golden Exos we get do have a Max and are used to play "catch up" with the system. Then the Exo crafting, if so desired, is the next step of gradually increasing your augments as you play. I really blame the UI of it to make it so unappealing at times
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Previously we could trade catalyst cache's which helped with earning money and helping people grind.

You've made these new catalysts account bound, completely stripping the ability to sell them???

Why? I think that is a bad decision, can these please be made tradeable.
    • Like x 2
  15. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I just searched the thread for "bound," and your post is the only one that says anything about them being account-bound.

I really hope that they are not account-bound. Being able to grind out Source Marks, and sell Artifact Catalysts is one of the only ways for me to make a decent amount of in-game money, so I can buy stuff on the broker that I missed out on before I started playing the game.... or things that I didn't manage to get RNG luck to drop for me out of the Time Capsules I open. :-(
  16. Proxystar #Perception

100% Account bound, no "really hoping" not about it

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

OH NO! :-(

Thank you for posting the information. I appreciate it!

*Sighs.* But now what are we newer players without hundreds of millions (or billions) of in-game money supposed to do? Not all of us can/want to become "whales." Gosh... I just posted in another thread that if someone is unsatisfied with the direction the game is going, to end their relationship with it. I'll wait and see how this affects my ability to play, and my enjoyment of time and effort spent. But wow... I never felt at risk of being driven away until now. Artifact Catalyst selling was my only reliable source of being able to get things and catch up on feats/SP. :-(
    • Like x 1
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

Utter crap. Mepps if this is a discussion forum will you shed light on why this happened?
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

What about the breakthrough breakdown costs?

Old breakdown - 20/30/60/90/120/150/180/210 (Ranks 20 to 160)

New breakdown - ??
  20. SigmaAtom Committed Player

60 days.. Is 35 marks for the generator. 2 Catalysts. and a mask @ 4 marks. Even then you have to keep 7 marks by for the next cycle of 60 days.

No. The vault alone isn't enough to buy gear + keep your gear up + buy catalysts. (which was my original post)

IF the OW stuff is included.. then yes, but it's a struggle (which was also in my original post). Include raids in this and you have waiting time that you can't switch while waiting on raids to come up. Time becomes a factor too.

I just reached my limit for what I can do with source marks alone on my alts (mostly). After seeing Nyx's post.. the idea of being able to do lower content quickly became appealing, but for 1 mark? no.

It IS grindy as Reinheld said.. to have 17 alts. But additional options never hurt anyone. And as we are (afaik) are *meant* to be encouraged to play lower content. Which I do 0% of as my alts* are all 200+.. but a daily duo or alert for full marks.. helps the community and helps me out on my alts. Hence the *suggestion*. It is the opposite to what we have now, allowing lower cr do higher content. But it's only a .. suggestion.

*except my vil char, 170.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.