Dev Discussion Development Update: Artifact Catalyst Consolidation

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I brought this up in the other thread but it's now 9 pages sooo...

From what I can see it seems Nth Metal drops every x minutes (or else there's a % chance of drop that increases every y seconds until you get a drop), this rate is going to make it take MANY months of playing 3-4 hours per day every day to grind just from 160-200. Are there talks about raising the amount of Nth Metal we get as drops, increasing the % chance of getting a drop, etc?
    • Like x 3
  2. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I think the relevancy windows need to expand two more levels to gain more marks and the content that is out of relevancy should give 25% of what you got before with a guarantee of one source mark.
    • Like x 2
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

no...you trade in what you have for a value...then take that value to buy useful ones
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You still get more than enough Source Marks from playing current content unless you're spending those marks on unnecessary items.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I haven't done the math, so just asking outright.

With the staggered cost in marks does it now cost more, less or the same amount of source marks as it previously did to level up an artifact?

Thanks
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I know it's already done, so it's done....and yeah, it's better, but as it costs relatively the same amount of source marks, why not just 1 cat...like the Quantum Field Energy x whatever amount it will take to level up?

Hey, 3 is way better than 21...and no more boxes of boxes sounds fine. Why not go all the way though?

Thanks either way....it's an improvement (assuming the cat counts per level don't also go up).

Reinheld
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

First, why are you guys confused by the catalysts? You developed them and made them. Why don't you understand them?

Second, what else about the game don't you understand?

Third, why not just make it one type?

Forth, why not make them cost the same and on par with what they cost currently?

Fifth, how going forward will bonus catalyst weekend work?
    • Like x 1
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

^^...What Proxy asked. Kind of the way Mepps made it sound in the announcement was that we are going to get an increase in what we need.

"you will need increasing numbers of just these new ones."

Could be reading it wrong but just want verification is all :). Also nice to know that I have around 2000 Source Marks just sitting in my inventory from all the Catalyst Caches I been buying recently.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

I know its not a Developer answer but I do feel Stealth's breakdown example is probably good way of looking at it

That is of course ifthe # of Catalysts do decide to stay versus decreasing/increasing the # of the different Rarity. Think we will find out on Friday if Test is up.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks mate that's all i needed, i didn't want to do the math on Friday morning :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

XD
    • Like x 1
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So.. If i have say 300 Cat Caches and I convert 100 of each into
    Dionesium, Quantum Field Energy &Paradox Energy
    Will these remain or will i have to rebuy
  13. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Long overdue. Buying caches from Constantine, opening them to get level caches, then opening THOSE to get the final catalysts was a silly waste of time.

I'd like to see that cost move to 5-10-15, so that overall costs for a set of 3 are the same. In no way should our cost to make the attempt increase, especially since as others have noted, the much-hated relevancy window makes source mark gathering a problem for end game level characters, especially if they are also trying to use those marks to complete collections or styles from past episodes.

Why not just cut out the middleman altogether? Eliminate all catalysts, and allow us to simply spend Source Marks directly on the Breakthrough page? You either have enough marks to make the attempt, or you don't. If you make the attempt, the marks are spent. If you want to keep Seals around, that still works too. The seal would mean your marks are refunded when a breakthrough fails.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You won't be able to do this. Opening the cache will reward you with source marks (after the update).
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

one can not sell source marks but one can catalysts, its good for the trade to keep the catalysts in the game
  16. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Mepps he means if he were to open those 300 Caches now into the 3 Catalysts that will still exist post update. He wants to know of those 3 Catalysts that exist NOW will be the same ones AFTER or is it going to be new items entirely causing the old ones to need to just be consumed instead of used.
    • Like x 1
  17. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

You say consuming a catalyst will give you 10 source marks (cost of the middle one) but on my alt I bought the packs in the marketplace up to 160 (3 lots for each for the 3 artifact). Consuming a tier 3 version will give us 10 back. But cost 15 to buy back?
  18. rimvader Well-Known Player

So I can buy catalyst caches on one character and sent (or sell) them to another character to open for the Source Marks after the update? I can use this to help some of my low CR alts.;)
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thats actually really smart lol. Im gonna do this now actually
  20. Eve YouTuber

Well I spent most on completing style vendors, and op collection pieces (that are now cost source marks),
    I do have around 600 SM around, but I still find it pretty hard to get them at current content. Since I can only get them from
    Atlantis and JLD.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.