Metal TC thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by willflynne, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I honestly like the Ink Material but like all of the TC Collection rewards I am not going to be able to get this because the ability to get these collections completed is utterly insanely low unless you are someone sitting on 100s of millions or billion of in game cash or opening up 100 to 200 time capsules.

Oh yes we could wait a year or two for it to be put on the Second Chance vendor only to be sold for such high qwark values that you need to have 20k in Source Marks to convert or have opened up about 500 TCs yourself.

So as much as I love this material and so many of the other great Collection rewards from TCs I have to give it a hard pass yet again...

The Green Aura will make for a good Green Fire user or a Power Battery Absorbed full Will type deal for players.

The Bat Who Laughs style while looking absolutely spot on and I know some will like it is totally not for me.

Oh and WHY are you still giving out FEAT POINTS for Time Capsule Collections? This has been complained about since they were introduced!!!!!
    • Like x 3
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Totally agree! I was hoping that was going to be an add-on face style. But they said in the live stream it wasn't. :(

It would be nice if you'd be able to use hair with this headpiece as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

We still might get the head piece with aout the face as an OP item or a style added to the vendor.
    • Like x 2
  4. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Just make Laughing Skins using the 'New HD Models" or a Laughing Face Mask similar to Krampus, League of Assassins, Clown, etc...
    • Like x 3
  5. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yup. I don't know why I bothered to even tune in. I still haven't gotten the Flaming Phoenix Feather and my completionist heart will never recover from the fact that I will never, ever be able to complete all the collections in the game.

How many skill points are locked up in Time Capsules now? We were warned. This is why most members of my first league completely abandoned the game. They've put too many skill points behind an extra pay wall, cutting out paying members and asking them to cough up more cash to get them. But as long as it makes them money, I'm sure they won't care.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

They should get rid of lock boxes and make it where legendary gets free tc opens... yet another dated part of legendary
    • Like x 1
  7. inferno Loyal Player

How much quarks do you have? phoenix is around 5000 quarks on the vendor.
    • Like x 1
  8. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I cannot buy the collection piece, ergo, I cannot finish the collection.

Also, I've been running the stabilizer event and have never purchased a stabilizer and have less than half the quarks I need to buy the material (and no, I've never spent any quarks). It's ridiculous. If I want those skill points, I pretty much have to spend money. So I've resigned myself to never getting them.

That's what the Promethium Lockboxes were. Apparently they didn't make enough money.
    • Like x 3
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I have a decent amount of Stabilizers saved up.

Also deliberating between using Stabilizers on the new TC or saving up for the next Resurgence Mega Capsule.
    Resurgence Mega Capsule 1 - Start March 22nd, 2018
    Resurgence Mega Capsule 2 - Start Sep 12th, 2018 End Oct 9, 2018
    Resurgence Mega Capsule 3 - Start February 20th, 2018 End March 19th, 2019

So Resurgence Mega Capsule 4 will hit DCUO in 4th quarter 2019 or 1st quarter 2020?

Also wondering which of the recent Time Capsules have more feat points available? Or are they roughly the same?
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If you do not intend to pour anymore $ into TC, or spend only a small amount of $, maybe you could try to buy it off the broker? How much would the Flaming Phoenix Feather cost anyway on the broker?

There should be people with the Flaming Phoenix Feather saved up ready to offer to anyone willing to buy it for lets say.... I don't know.... $1 billion and above? or $2 billion?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Right now there's around 65 SP hidden behind TCs, I'll update that count after the new TC drops.
  12. Marek Committed Player

I love how you say that so nonchalantly lol
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well it is 65sp out of the 400+ available in the game outside of Time Capsules.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

there are a few things i like. the ink material, the dark aura and the dark chroma pack but none of them really scream "must have" for any of my characters. just more styles to collect and never use or use and be frustrated by their limitations. i like the posters the best so i'm in for at least fifteen bucks, i'm sure over the next month or two i'll drop a little bit of cash but no way am i going to go crazy for a couple of skill points which have pretty much been rendered useless (after you have your might/power maxxed out).

if i'm going to shell out 400 bucks for material its going to be for an adorable 3/4 length wool and cashmere armani exchange winter coat.
  15. Marek Committed Player

Ya ...... I know......
  16. myandria Item Storage

I've seen the Flaming Phoenix Feather for 999,999,999 on the broker... very well above many player's in-game wallets. When something is priced that high, it is only a temporary placeholder to get attention; it is not meant to be sold.
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I was just asking, in case you weren't aware that you can BUY quarks using source marks from the vendor. It's a steep price but if you really want the phoenix material; you can get it without doing the collection or buying stabilizers and you can save up if you want.
    • Like x 1
  18. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm aware. Honestly, I'm more upset about never being able to complete multiple collections than I am about the skill points - although the skill points are a constant annoying insult as well.

As a paying member, I just expect to be treated with respect and to have a shot at everything in the game without having to resort to paying more money. I genuinely do not believe it is possible for someone to complete all the collections and get all the skill points in the game with just a membership, unless they are literally playing to the point of mental breakdown. Part of that is the fault of the cash glitch and the insane broker prices, but most of it is at the feet of the development team that decided to go down the bitter path of loot boxes for extra cash.
    • Like x 3
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

17 capsules opened, 0 chromas. loving this drop rate already :rolleyes:
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Probably more the RNG then the drop rate. I opened roughly.... 80 DKTCs so far? Got all the Metal Chromas.... but I did buy the Red one on the Broker.

Here is the first 20 I opened. Got the Blue Metal Chroma with 20 DKTCs.