mental shield "reflecting pain" is unique... or glitched? (for batuba)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by stärnbock, Aug 19, 2019.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

since revamp i gave up on mental for a lot of reasons and this shield is one of them... however: unlike other issues, i am not sure if it even is a glitch or if the reflection is meant to get overridden by other shields... i mean: sure, if you get another shield over it, there is no damage to you and therefore no pain could get transfered... this sucks, especially when thinking on all the shields you get from healer and trolls and even more, should you want to make use of all shields mental has to offer... think on amazone reflection and ice reflection: how lame would it be to never really see any yellow numbers? speaking of wich: what exactly was the reason to make reflecting pain a power that is calculated by precission? when every other power in the game seems to hit for might based, yellow damage numbers? not sure if it is just me, please help me getting it right ^^

maybe there was the intention to make "pain reflection" work just as it does now, at least i feel some pain when playing mental as glitched as it has been since revamp... however: maybe this really is a thing worthy to look at and the shield doesn't behave at all like expected? maybe batuba can tell us how exactly the calculation works?
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

also i need to add that the shield is NOT clippable, as it would be the case for every other shield, even ice reflection is, besides having a CD of only 12 seconds, with makes it far superior to pain deflection... IMO... at least, it leaves mental with only the weapon buff to have a cooldown of 12 seconds... something wich is realy making the power confusing... i think... not to mention mentals has two PI´s...
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Since you Started this threa Ill hijack it with a bug of my own

Mental's Bastion is the ONLY Shield in game with a 60sec Cooldown.. This NEEDS to be fixed
    • Like x 1
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Gadgets shield (not distract, the other 1) isnt clippable is it?
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

it isn´t clippable because it has burst damage and is setting up dazed PI on your targets... IIRC