Dear Devs: Will Tribute Be Changed To Source Marks As Well?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Aug 19, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

We've already had it confirmed that when Metal Part One launches, Titans Cred will be transformed into Source Marks, and it seems that this will be the pattern going forward as new Episodes drop.

Tributes (the mark rewards for the Death of Superman content) share the same relevancy as Titans Cred - both pieces of content end their relevancy at CR263.

However, Death of Superman is kind of a weird duck, as a 'Celebration', it's not quite an Episode and not quite an Event. And as permanent free content, it's especially great for new players and alts because rewards can be earned by anyone starting at CR10.

I have a large stash of Tribute sitting here. Just wondering if they'll automagically become Source Marks or not.

Thanks for any illumination you can shine on the topic,
    -MM
    • Like x 1
  2. Marek Committed Player

Good question. I sent mepps 2 PM's awhile back saying I still have 200 marks of reality that havent been changed over to source marks and I heard nothing back. I asked if it was a bug or if they forgot about that mark when they were making the conversion because i couldn't find any info on it so maybe they didnt know about it.

And yes, I still have them lol
  3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i sincerely doubt it, since its considered an event like a seasonal, & the currency is sold in the market
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wow those were removed and replaced with Marks of Triumph (1:625) in GU36
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-36-april-29-2014.202206/

And then in GU47 Marks of Triumph were converted to Marks of Victory based on Combat Rating.
    CR 0 to 42 = 1:1
    CR 43 to 52 = 5:1
    CR 53 to 69 = 25:1
    CR 70 to 83 = 125:1
    CR 84 to 99 = 625:1
    CR 100+ = 1565:1
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/game-update-47.251164/
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was about to say the same thing but they're selling Source Marks in the MP...
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Been wondering about that myself. Now Allow me to post this before I continue

Further statements are the OPINION of the poster. The poster does not work for DCUO or Daybreak in any capacity so these statements are purely his "guess" as to what the actual answer may be. Since anyone and everyone is entitled to their opinion if anyone does not like the following statements TOUGH LOL

Sorry I just HAD to add that for grins and giggles Now on to MY OPINION..

I don't think Tributes will be converted. THINK about it for a moment. Those tributes are the currency they assigned to Death of Superman which "technically" is, was and always will be an event created to celebrate Superman's 80th birthday. Now unlike the seasonal events like Halloween or Valentine's Day players can not go to the market and buy tributes. The only was to acquire them is to play the event. Also unlike an other event there is no "END" so the event continues year round making it extremely unique. It also has the unique status of handing players source marks until they his CR 262. Then the marks stop but the tributes keep coming.

Now here is the thing... There is absolutely nothing that says when Superman turns 81 next year they could not add another mission or more to what is available now and perhaps even a new style of clothing? or even a set of armor that would be good up to a certain level.. The possibilities are endless and provide the devs with a platform they can easily build on to celebrate Sups getting old from now on.

Now the good part.. So okay your like a few of my alts. CR is too high to get Source Marks, already have all the feats etc, etc.. You have options. Just stop running that content since it drops no armor you can even salvage to help improve your augments and just start back up when new stuff is available. OR keep running and buy all your alts the furniture and those pieces of collection they can only obtain from the vendor. And once that is done.. grab as many tributes as you can so you are ready and can get anything NEW as fast as possible!

Now again that is only speculation and we might never see anything new added to that event ever not to mention the possibility they could actually decide to convert Tributes to source marks at any time. But there are some reasons they could keep things just as they are.
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

tributes were in market in x50 packs last i checked
    • Like x 2
  8. Marek Committed Player

Ahhh yes, I remember that now. So why I still have them. I dont know.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

HMMMM i didn't know that which gives you some clue just how much REAL MONEY I wast.. errr Spend buying HOLIDAY CASH of any kind. Also provides yet another example that while there is no "end of event" If they are or were selling Tributes its another bit of proof that DOOMED METROPOLIS et all is an event and you don't see them converting any other form of "HOLIDAY CASH" into Source Marks. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

cant you use the magic wing vendor to convert them?
  11. Marek Committed Player

Lol actually I forgot all about that conversion terminal. Thanks

Edit: wait, I just checked and that vendor only converts marks into tokens of merit
    • Like x 1
  12. Dene Devoted Player

oh great :(

Sorry - I assumed it would maybe convert in to other marks still.. been so long
  13. Draconiano Committed Player

I think that was the original purpose of that vendor, maybe they changed it when they purged all the marks of victory.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been like that for years.
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Yeah, I don't think so either. Just was looking for some Dev confirmation.
  16. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Tributes have been for sale on the Death of Superman vendor since it started. Or, at the very least, for more than the past year.