need investigation pieces, locked out of instances?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i'm going back to fill in some stuff i skipped, or simply wasn't aware of at the time, and i'm finding i'm locked out of some instances, like the venom distribution center, where one of the luche libre masks i missed is. any way i can get back in there to get that piece, or am i just s.o.l. now?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You need a Batman mentored character to let you in.
    • Like x 1
  3. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

thanks.
    does it matter that i'm a villain?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lol, a Joker mentored character then. Sorry I assumed your character was a hero. Just group up with someone who has access to that instance, after they walk in the portal will open for you after a couple seconds.
    • Like x 2
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

every character i have is a villain, tell me what u need & ill help u, all mentors. logging in the game right now
    • Like x 2
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This sounds like a glitch that may be affecting other or just you. I'd report it. To be clear when you mention the Venom distribution center I am assuming you are talking the 'indoor" mission that is a part of the Cape Carmine Lighthouse story arc where players eventually battle Bane right? That is part of the tutorial below level 30 and should be available to everyone including F2P players all the time. Now it is a story arc tied to players with batman as mentor but anyone and everyone can gain access to it above around level 10 or so simply by going to the East End PD and chatting with Batwoman. It's been about a month and a half since I created a new alt but I had no issue getting in there then,... so its either a fairly new problem or one not affecting everyone.

I logged in and took an alt to the distribution center and had no issue getting inside. Report your problem the game is messing up for you.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay your a villain .. Not sure on the contact then but do as mentioned and just team with some one that has Joker as mentor. Although if MY way works hero side seems like it should Villain side as well. TRY the safehouse in the East Side and see if the contact there will give you the mission.. LIKE I said I have done that numerous times with heroes and had no issue once I got my level to a certain point.
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

^ should be catwoman
  9. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

got it, thnx for all the replies