New Starter Packs Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2019.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Just a word of advice to the DCUO team - you should label in the description what is “Exclusive to this Pack!” or “New to this Pack!” or even just “New item!” or “NEW!”

As it is, I really can’t remember from that Green Lantern pack what was already available in the game and if there’s anything that I can only get in the starter pack. And I’m certainly not dropping 85 to 100 bucks to try to figure it out.

It’s just simple marketing.
    • Like x 2
  2. Meow_Blue New Player

Are these packs also going to be making their way to places like Steam?
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Any idea when the Batman trinket is getting fixed ? A 20 minute cool down on a 10 dollar trinket isn't useful at all .
  4. Eve YouTuber

Mepps said they are looking to reduce the timer and make it more valuable for higher players.
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It should of never been released with a 20 minute cool down to start with.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

The only unique thing I can see in the description is the lightstream movement styles, they say they're 7 so my guess is they made one for each of the corps except for white & black, we only had 3 before (green, yellow & red). Everything else from that pack either drops in game or is available on a vendor/collection.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not concretely, but there will likely be more.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's a Trinket.
    You can see it in here;
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I compare the regular and the enhanced Clown Prince in here. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

We already had blue, orange and white before this. I assume indigo and violet are introduced in the pack? We'd only be missing black, I really wish that if there is a Star Sapphire movement style it is made available outside of this pack.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Green, Yellow, Red, White, Blue, Orange and Rainbow.
    • Like x 1
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I hope the coold down is in the 3 to 4 minute range, more in line with regular trinkets without the shared cool down to get some bang for the buck value out of it (and potentially other legend toons that may come down the pike)
  13. Zamara Dedicated Player

These are the colors included in the pack:

I'm adding this to the guide if you don't mind.
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

Are all of the movement styles lightstream or are there smokescreen too?
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There was also Blue & Orange Lightstream in the MP. So that's at least 2 new ones in that pack.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

The Gotham Starter Pack is cool, but I won't spend a dollar on it until the Trinkets and Cooldowns are tweaked & fixed.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know if those are in the pack but those are the 7 Lightstream options we have in the MP.
  18. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Can we please make the emergency signal account bound rather than integrated? For a novelty item price is steep for a one time integrated item.
  19. Marrow Active Player

I haven't been able to pick up any of the packs yet, but why are the packs not re-acquirable through the Daybreak ingame market? Some of these packs are over a hundred dollars, surely Daybreak isn't crazy enough to get people to buy multiple of them.
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

Do these starter packs include the enchanced and elite varients ? If not I suggest you dont use promotional images that show them. Less confusion for everyone.