New Starter Packs Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Marrow Active Player

Quick question, then.

Enhanced Future Crusader has been a style item for a long time now. Equipping it allows it to be gotten on other characters in the style menu, totally free of charge.

Does this mean one half of the equipment in this bundle can be gotten this way and the other can't?
    • Like x 1
  2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

villain WotL Part 2 style
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Is it a trinket or is it an Accomplice skin?
  4. Eve YouTuber

Well It's basically the same thing, but yeah. It's letting you summon Batman (or Joker, for villains)
    It's a trinket.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Wonder if he's been treated like an iconic sea horse trinket.
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

But it IS actually Batman? Any voice lines or any other little neat thing?

Side note - can't wait for the Wonder Woman Starter Pack. :)
  7. Eve YouTuber

He's just fighting. He disappears really fast so I haven't heard anything.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Can you put a stopwatch on how long he stays out?
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

Can't really tell the difference tbh, is it just the paint being more bright?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They drop in, wreck face, and jump out. They are more powerful in the early game (comparatively) than at end-game.
    • Like x 3
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

Cool enough. Keep em' coming, please.
  12. Eve YouTuber

yeah It's brighter and like shinier.
  13. Eve YouTuber

Ah cool. But can the timer be adjusted or is it on purpose?
  14. Blight KOBRA Commander

With this new form of Sidekick/Accomplice trinket (however weak this initial version is), is there a possibility we'll finally get established hero/villain trinkets? You've already introduced a new skin with the Shadow Man-Bat in the last Survival Mode season, so could we soon see more new sidekick skin styles?
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are going to reduce the cooldown of the emergency signal, and buff it some in higher level content.
    • Like x 9
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The slippery slope is also my concern. First off, we are straight up able to 'buy' feats in these packs via the style sets, also with the ability to buy source marks, you can pay your way to even more SP buying Vendor 00 and 22 styles and Vendor gear from the DLCs/Progression. Is buying 'SP Packs' far behind, or buying previously labeled 'exclusive' items like Smoke Aura, Void Mat?...things that were supposed to be limited time to drive up interest?

It's doubling down on the P2W that I think most of the community already hates. Hey, want to add some flashy new styles...no problem....Batman and Joker NPC trinkets....sounds cool. More P2W, no thanks.

As far as the cash cap, I'd have thought they would have increased it more...like to 10K. Still inconsequential for broker use, but enough that you can repair a few times if spamming Golem or other heavy hitters, without selling sodas 10 times along the way.

Guess we'll see (well, the Devs will see) how much money is generated by Switch users and these new items. If it's a lot, expect more of the same in the future.

Reinheld
  17. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

So expensive =P
    • Like x 2
  18. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Will the packs last forever on the Marketplace.
    I would like to have them on my future characters.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not plan to remove them, but they won't necessarily always be available.
    • Like x 3
  20. Eve YouTuber

Are there plans for more packs in the future?
    • Like x 2