New Starter Packs Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Jadzea Dax Well-Known Player

Devs slow in updating, a lot of styles aren't purchasable on alts yet, and a lot cost a bunch of replays.

More feat purchasing.... and some key uber rare styles missing from style vendor like runes of the east.

Atleast these packs are priced obscenely.
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

YES Any UN-Equipped Item CAN be traded to Different Toons ON that Account
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh wow. Now this is an unexpected turn of events.

Since things look like they are "a-changing," I'd love it if the Stealth Material made its way into the Marketplace, either in one of these kinds of packs or directly for purchase. Just saying. ;)
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, until the pieces are equipped.
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

now i just need a random Scarecrow starter pack with Scarecrow summon, Terror Crow accessory & Fear Gas aura & ill be satisfied forever ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

I see, ty
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

They also included the Corum Rath suit from Atlantis and the aquaman pieces from that vendor too.
  8. Eve YouTuber

Yes I see, I was wondering if It's the one from Deluge.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yikes. I know the majority of those suits are available in game but that price point may be a turnoff.

The 10 dollar price range for the Gotham city pack would be ideal. I think even if it is more expensive people are more okay with spending 10 dollars multiple times over time than 50 - 100 dollars at once for costumes.
  10. Jeronan Level 30

Turn off is a big understatement. I guess Daybreak desperately wants to beat the bad reputation of PWE/Cryptic with cash shop pricing! /yikes
  11. Zamara Dedicated Player

If you just want the beyond style you could get it from the broker and save those $50 for another thing but if you don't have the other 3 styles from the pack it could be worth the $50, even if you just need 2 of them it'd save you a lot of grinding specially the PvP ones.
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

just noticed that said Enhanced Clown Prince, is that an existing style already? i only recall a regular version of that
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Enhanced has not been released before this.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The other packs are massive in size and value, for folks that want to go all-in on whichever family/character.
    • Like x 1
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Kind of mind-blowing, really.

Styles aside, I believe that this is the first time ever that players can actually purchase Marks. Actual, progression-centric Source Marks - which in turn could be turned into Quarks too. I worry about the slippery slope, of course ... but this is a fascinating turn for the franchise.

Between that and the raise in the Cash Cap, I'm floored by DCUO's willingness to budge on so many of these longstanding issues.
    • Like x 3
  16. Zamara Dedicated Player

If it is indeed enhanced it could be new but considering they used the exact same screenshot they used on the anniversary event announcement this year it could be a typo and be the same style.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I get that but it starts to come down to what everyone perceives the value of a costume for a character is worth on an individual level.

Since I'll be starting the switch version the Ten dollar pack is very enticing. Had they all been ten dollars, I would have more than likely dipped in every two weeks as I the thought of redoing every feat I have on ps4 again doesn't sound fun. For me 10-15 (20 too depending on what it is like the batman cowl) is almost always going to reel me in for the impulse buy. Sure I could save up for the big purchase but that gives me time to think about it. You want to get me to buy and have buyers remorse later haha.
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

It's not a typo. It is indeed enhanced.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Marek Committed Player

The orange lantern gear, avatar of ophidian, was that a villain pvp style? I just dont remember it...
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

By the way, the cool down for Batman's trinket is ridiculously long.
    • Like x 2