Server Downtime - August 6, 2019 - Nintendo Switch & GU96

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

DCUO On Nintendo Switch & Game Update 96

All servers will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on August 6, 2019, to launch Game Update 96 and Nintendo Switch! Downtime may last up to 8 hours. Nintendo worlds are expected to open at 9AM PT.

Game Update 96 primarily launches the game on Nintendo Switch.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes forum when they are available.

Update: Both US and EU Nintendo Switch worlds are now online.

Update: US and EU PlayStation and PC are now online.

Update: Xbox servers are now online.

Update: Xbox Live is experiencing issues today: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
    • Like x 5
  2. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Awesome can’t wait to see what’s new in game update 96
    • Like x 1
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Mepps can u ask if they can add the 80th anniversary emblem for superman with feat for the week for switch players and players for PC , PS and Xbox that missed it??? Bring it back so it comes the same way as before after completing the raid it can be purchased. Can be for just the weekend or something like that?
    • Like x 1
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Superman Emblem is long done with for PC, PS4, Xbox players. It'll never return. Best hope is that there is another version, preferably tintable, that'll be made available at some point.

Maybe it'll be in something like a welcome gifts package for the new Switch players.
  5. NewSuperman New Player

While I don't own a Switch myself, I'm looking forward to this new era of DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

see? now, that's the spirit! anything that brings new players into the fold, regardless of platform, is good, as far as I'm concerned. the more the merrier, sez I.
    • Like x 1
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

If Mepp's answer still holds true to the question of when the Gotham City Starter Pack will launch:
    Then it should be also included with GU 96.
    • Like x 1
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

you mean 9PM PT ? 9AM is over
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's only 4:34 AM where they are.
    • Like x 3
  10. iNeoN Active Player

It's nice to know the time the server opens, but what time can we start downloading the game? Its seem to me the servers will be open way befor we can even get the game to download.
  11. MeteorShock New Player

At 12 ET
  12. FêarMê New Player

where are the update 96 notes?
  13. Poetic Play Committed Player

Why is the rest of the world able to download it now but NA has to wait til 9am PT?
  14. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

we are special!!!:D
    • Like x 1
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My download is not finished before 20.30 pm gmt ..yay for low internet speed :p
  16. g3rno New Player

will it be cross platform PC/PS4/Switch?
  17. Poetic Play Committed Player

No, they stated it will be its own server. No cross platform yet.
    Though they said they are not ruling out future cross-platform. (Most likely once Switch players catch up, since we all start level 1 and no CR buy-in on Switch launch.)
  18. Marek Committed Player

No. Switch is its own server I believe.

Edit: what poetic said ....
    • Like x 1
  19. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

20. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

this would make dcuo very popular and play on the go in a car or a bus or at work on break time!!..
    if they allowed us to go between platforms with our accounts from ps4/pc /xbox to switch .. this would be epic...if this happened..
    but we all know this is not the case which makes me sad :(..
    i had dream! Of playing dcuo at work on my break! :mad: