For Devs: New Time Capsule in the near future?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Luke©, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Luke© Well-Known Player

Can you give us any sign for a new time capsule in the near future?
    I'm saving my stabilizers since forever, because i was thinking "new time cap coming soon".
    If i know, there won't be any new (this and probably next month), i could use the stabilizers at least for opening old capsules, without having a bad feeling ;)
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's probably a Resurgence event coming up.
    • Like x 2
  3. Marek Committed Player

Believe I missed the last resurgence time capsules. What was special about them again? Also, didnt they require like 7 stabilizers to open?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's one Mega Capsule, it requires 7 Stabilizers to open. In that Mega Capsule are the past 9 unlocked Time Capsules plus a random gift. So it's 9 Capsules and a gift for the cost of 7.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The last mega was in February wha makes u think there’s another coming?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're around 25 weeks apart. It's almost 25 weeks since the last Resurgence event.
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Agreed, the next time full capsule will likely coincide with Episode 35 in September. In the past they've released them a little before an episode but not the 4-6 weeks before we see 35. The problem for them is that the longer they wait the lower the revenue potential from the next capsule will be; since many, such as myself, are sitting on a few dozen stabilizers just from normal grinding.

So that's, hopefully, too long a wait where as a resurgence will tie us over. I would suspect once the Switch launch is running on all cylinders, again hopefully, next week.

Of course all that is just speculation, who knows they might just wait until the fall as the switch launch ought to bring in a good chunk of revenue for the quarter.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah I'm sitting on 50+ and depending on what the bonuses are for the upcoming Resurgence I may continue to keep saving up for TC15.
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The Switch launch is also tomorrow.

That's a whole new group of people that have never had access to any sort of Time Capsule.

A Resurgence makes total sense for them - so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the MegaTC launches by Wednesday.
    • Like x 2
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

A Resurgence to coincide with the Switch launch would make sense - all those Switch players getting Resurgence capsules with their limited shelf life... how are they going to get the stabilizers to open them?

$$$
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...
    I guess players on the Switch would have to run Stabilizer missions and/or purchase them from the Marketplace, just like everyone else.

In my opinion, I think that that "Batman Starter Pack" would be a better option to coincide with the Switch Launch; that is something that can be free at launch for the Switch while everyone else would get a deep discount.
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Exactly. And with the limited life span on Resurgence capsules, they aren't going to have a lot of time collect them from the stabilizers from the mission. Especially since they need seven of them to open one Resurgence capsule.
  13. myandria Item Storage

I think that would depend upon how the devs would run it; the devs could easily give more time to those who participate in the Switch launch than on the other platforms. For example, if the other platforms get 3 weeks, the Switch could get 4 weeks to compensate for that time. Launching an established game on a new platform gives the devs a bit of room as to how to make it interesting and attractive.
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

you got totally free a totally new style choice...on top of the pile of opened boxes giving you past things...
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have a new time capsule on the way, for sure (not a resurgence), but not today.
    • Like x 7
  16. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

hopefully we have artifacts with it :) i liked them time capsules tth gave us artifacts !!
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If not today.... when? When?
    My guess would be... Soon? or am I wrong? ;)
  18. Geri_mester New Player

Fantastic. More feats for money. Superfun gameplay! I am never gonna pay for that.
  19. mynch457 Well-Known Player

Then dont pay for it. Seems pretty simple to me. No one is forcing you to go and buy the feats that's associated with time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can earn those feats in-game now.