Getting Stale.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xAcHieVeD, Aug 2, 2019.

1. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

The title says it all. We need new things into this game especially new powers. And don’t give me that crap about this and that about the old powers and balance issues because let’s be honest there was and never will be real balance in this game. I mean anyways everyone’s prec anyways to do elite and SM. We need stuff to spice this game up. And please don’t reply saying stupid things. It’s a SUPER hero game how the hell is there only a limit amount of powers? It’s literally DC universe there’s so many powers in the comics.
    • Like x 2
  2. Azreaus Committed Player

Getting.... stale??

This games been stale for a long time now.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As far as new powers, I think of it this way: we get new items added to seasonal event vendors every year. We get new items introduced via Booster Bundles and TCs for additional income for the game. We get new stuff like accessories and movement mode skins (the latter again falling into the additional income category). And on top of all that we (ideally) get three sizable content releases to the game, bringing with them more styles and shiny stuff to chase.

Something somewhere has to give. There's only so much time in the day and only so many resources (money, staff) available to Daybreak, so it looks like new powers takes the hit. There could be other considerations to take into account (maybe DC says no to the devs' ideas, or what have you), but to me it just sounds like something had to give.
    • Like x 3
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

suggestions?
    Keep in mind:
    - Must work for both heroes and villains
    - there must be a basic idea what different things teh power should do, e.g. Fire is throwing fireballs, but what else?
    - there must be a support role
    - There must be a chance DC agrees to allow it (e.g. blue lantern is a no-no-no)

Powers are released in triples, so you need at least three new powers.
    • Like x 3
  5. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

The events are boring they been the same thing since release. They became even worse when they clamped them the time capsules are a scam and desperate for money. Accessories are not a necessity nor anything bring value to the game. No ones getting on dc like “oh wow they added some new base items to dc so great” no they grind those feats out then don’t bother with again. Also if that’s the case and about these “resources” everyone keeps talking about then why continue with these stupid styles? Are more people worried about what their character looks like more than the actual gameplay? I’m almost 100% sure more people would choose more powers than some stupid material or aura that gives absolutely nothing to your stats or character besides your style. Also really the dlcs are literally the same thing every dlc. 2 raids 1 alert and open world annoyance. The “elite” raids are beat as soon as they go on server.... The game is getting stale especially when the devs seem not to even care anymore. Have you seen pvp? Please name me a gaming company that completely abandoned the whole other side of their game because “it doesn’t make any money” isn’t dc a F2P game ???? Who’s problem is that? Apparently the players because we have to deal with it while they pocket the money.
    • Like x 2
  6. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Maybe read the countless threads about them? It took 5 years just to get water..... a power that was asked at the start of the game. There’s no variety in this game anymore everyone’s either rage gadgets or nature and if you see someone without said powers they’re precision based and that doesn’t make you a good mental or fire or atomic player it just means you’re a precision dps. Also there’s plenty of powers that work both hero and villain they just don’t listen because “Time Capsules”
    • Like x 1
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I've been saying this for a long time now lol I've also said they should fix any bugs with our current one's first . I believe they are laying down the foundation for new power's .

The shadow Golems abilitys are impressive and last but not least ObsidenChill has confirmed on his channel the dev Batuba is going in and fixing powersets with bugs/Major one's to.

So bless your heart Batuba You deserve high praise and some homemade soft baked cookies .
    • Like x 2
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would much rather see much more engaging DLCs. Given limited resources, that's going to produce the best results. I'm hoping they come up with a Survival Mode Season 2 as well... take what they got from Season 1, analyze what happened, make improvements, and release it. It would also be wonderful to see a rewrite of the PVP engine, only because it will probably be faster than trying to unravel the mess they have now.

There are only so many more ideas you can use for powers anyway, so to come up with 3 new ones so you get a tank, controller, and healer? Hmm... Air/wind (controller), Heart (healer)... and Captain Planet (tank)?
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you're going to be dismissive then trying to actually start a conversation isnt helping. Powers are indeed imbalanced and bringing new ones in isnt the smart move. Work still needs to be done to some Powers because they arent where they should be. This is a Superhero game and we do have the DC universe to use but thats AT WB/DC's discretion. SJ and the team can through them a million ideas and they can and have easily said no to them. They've certainly leaned on allowing a lot of stuff but they also said no to a lot of other stuff. There's also the technical side if the game can actually do some stuff.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And after the stuff is released...

[IMG]

...while reading the forum comments.
    • Like x 2
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sidestepping the whole "no new powers" thing there is no reason we couldn't have:

1) a legends pve tweak:
    a)give us some solo and duo options.
    b)tweak the credits so everyone gets credit for everyones character.

2) each week at restart rotate a duo, alert and raid and bring it up to end game difficulty.
    a) open up all the mentor missions and bring them up to end game difficulty.

i dont think this is a "cure all" ... but i do think it would give us something to fall back on when we've exhausted new content and are waiting for the next dlc.

its very easy to power level a toon up to end game cr...but its next to impossible getting all the feats and styles out of old content. this could be a nce way to get those queues popping.
    • Like x 1
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hey Trex
    I think new powers are needed, I think it should be an ongoing part of the game; one new powerset a year. You're right..and IMHO those imbalanced powersets are Water and Celestial DPS are woefully U.P. but I disagree that because some powersets have hit a snag (this will always happen and not every powerset was balanced before the release of a new powerset) that we shouldn't get new powersets.

As far as WB/DC .. flip! if we take what you said at face value man.. The DCEU is apparently floundering, well according to many YT pundits. It's not right and it's not fair that we should be punished because a group of people couldn't make a movie.. flip I even hear the GL movie is getting cancelled.. so the Devs and DCUO community need to wait?? no way.. there' no way we should be put on hold to wait to see what WB/DC feeling like doing with their movie franchise.. and I would expect the Team to point that out in meetings with WB/DC.. things in general have worked out well on both sides, but WB/DC punishing/needlessly delaying a community based on another community is not the way to hold support within this community.

I, personally, don't think there is as big a barrier.. but what do I know? nothing for 100% fact. just deductions/guesses based on comments.
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Any decisions coming from WB/DC are most likely done with doing what they feel is appropriate or in the interests of protecting the brand, nothing more. On top of that, any decisions made for this game probably have little to nothing to do with movie performance at the box office and are even less likely to be done to "punish" us.

Their decisions regarding the license, how it can be used and what can be used are entirely theirs to make, and they don't have to make a lick of sense to us. On the same note, we don't have to like or agree with every decision WB/DC makes. But if they say no to something suggested by the devs, there isn't a whole lot to be done for it. Their toys, their rules.
    • Like x 3
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

powers were released one at a time with the exception of the og powers that were around at launch.
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Best to be careful when trying to speak for anyone in the game other than yourself.

We've had more than a few threads with players asking for league hall/base item counts to be increased and a number of posts/videos of players showing off their decorating skills in bases, so yeah there's an audience for base items and decorating.

Styles and accessories? There's a pinned thread at the top of this forum sitting at 769 pages (as I write this) of players showing off their styles and looks for their characters. On top of that you have players constantly asking (or begging) for auras and other decorative character items in-game, so there's your "why bother with styles?" question.

Getting new powers isn't exactly the cure-all for any stale feeling to the game because the "new car smell" (for lack of a better term) won't last. It's a temporary fix.
    • Like x 5
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

She means they're released by support role [Controller > Healer > Tank] this started with the first DLC powers Hard Light > Electricity > Earth. This pattern kept until we got to Atomic. It was supposed to be Munitions (Controller) > Atomic (Healer) > Serums (Tank) but Serums was cancelled/swapped for Water and Atomic became a Tank powerset.

So if they release one new power you can guarantee there will be two more to follow.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Star Sapphire Healing Power Set.
    Works for both Hero and Villain.
    Healing with new construct animations. Heroes and Villains could have varying names for the power trees. Villains would have more aggressive power tree names to reflect their usage of the power set while Heroes would have more subtle names.
    Works for male and female as per the comics.
    Far as I have heard over the years there has never been a "no no" issued by DC in regards to the Star Sapphires.
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

New powers are nice and certainly change the meta and bring in that new feeling of at least something new but I dont want a new power to come in if our old ones are still under managed and not performing where they need to be. balance is always imperfect but adding a new Power just messes up more of the balance to work with others. Im certainly on the Blue Lantern Healer train but until we get the current house in order, bringing in a new guest just to see the mess isnt a good thing.

We are a licensed game so everything that happens here Daybreak has to have approval from WB/DC. The game isnt relative to the Movies or TVs (except for some minor stuff like cosmetics that still need approval) but the cross promotions for sure happen like Atlantis falling in line with Aquaman and the Wonder Woman content with the movie. While the Game is its own canon as SJ has said, WB/DC still has final say. WB/DC has certainly been great working with Daybreak over the last 2 years with content and such but at the end of the day, this game has WB/DC's property and they are in charge with what the developers can and cannot use. Example: BvS emblems were pulled. we dont have Lantern Rings because we are NOT in the lantern Corps we are "Deputies". The Superman and Batman Emblems are a limited item and gone afterwards.
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There hasn't been a "no" but there was a thread in the past regarding the remaining lantern corps and the responses were along the lines "we have to stay true to the DC lore" and "there are other powersets we would consider".
    • Like x 1
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

As much as I would love to see a new power, I don't think now is the right time. But* NEVER SAY NEVER!
    just appreciate the fact that its still alive.