When and what power will be next?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by powerwoman274, Jan 8, 2019.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I know the devs said no new power's are planed yet but I think they need to revisit that question.A rundown of current power's fix any bugs with them .

I'm looking at Nature which comes to mind also With new tcs,Artifacts and styles New power's after they fix bugs with the one's we have Must be looked at.

The mmos that I know of have way more powers then dcuo .
    • Like x 1
  2. VikingGamer Level 30

I would like to see

air as a controler
    cyborg/battlesuit as a tank
    either a lantern based healer (white/violet/blue) or a tech based healer. (serums) Hopefully both.

We could also use more weapons that could mesh well with magic or meta powers style wise. Hand blasters are way overused and it is probably because it is the only weapon style that has an innate power look that seemingly matches every power except gadgets and munitions.
    • Like x 2
  3. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

I think a quick way to get three exciting new power sets (and give developers less work;) is to simply expand on the three movement powers:

Flying - build into the air power mentioned above
    Super speed - super speed
    Acrobatics - build into a martial arts / acrobatic role. Maybe add some melee weapon attacks (per the “medieval Munitions” mentioned above). I’m thinking like Beast or Black Canary (and then add the sonic iconics on the side for her).

The key would obviously be to make the powers competitive in end game content (I’m sure I’m not the only one out here who tried to create these power sets through movement powers and iconics and came away disappointed- fun, but no way I’m going into a raid w that build, lol).

Beyond that, shadows would be cool. Personally, I really don’t get the lantern fascination; 3 colors of Lanterns are more than enough corps for me (and this goes for the comics too, btw). But if making a healer version would mean I’d never have to see someone ask for it on the forums again, it might be worth it. Sun/light/cosmic always felt covered to me between fire, atomic, hard light, and quantum (perhaps imperfectly, but covered).
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Roth Committed Player

Wind
    Cosmic
    Sound
    Poison
    Alchemy
    Compassion
    Love
    Shapeshifting
    Blood
    Energy
    Metal
    Necromancy
    Light
    Shadow
    Martial Arts/Chi
    • Like x 2
  5. Ryuvain Active Player

Sad how powers always gets shut down by people claiming that THEY have THEIR favorite so no more are needed. More power to them I guess but that personally drove me away.
    • Like x 1
  6. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

oooo that would be so cool like a troll power? or a tank
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Mepps meowing until npc and boss heads explode.
    • Like x 2
  8. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

:D
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dang it all, now I'm imagining them using that sound as an in-game warning of sorts before Mepps uses things like his one-shot attacks on players or before he spawns an invasion of mega-bosses.

"Hey, what's that sound I'm hearing?"

meow, meow, meow

"OH CRUD GET TO THE TELEPORTERS!!!"

:D
    • Like x 2
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Shadow would seem to be the easiest to implement.

However I've always had a penchant for a transmutation powerset. One branch could be to transmute yourself (ala Metamorpho) and the other to transmute around you (ala Element Lad).
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

I think those of us who want Cosmic are referring to the starry/astral powers Braniac, Amazon NPCs, Donna Troy, Rath, and the SS Headmaster use.

Would be easier if it was just a power skin.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lukeshort2010 New Player

I we could have a new power for tanks I would like to se the black lantan power for tank hero and vilan
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Devs said Black/White Lantern powersets would be too OP for this game.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

That's lame. Quantum and Atomic powers should be too OP for anything too since you could just warp them out of existence or disassemble all of their molecules realistically speaking, well as realistic as powers in general could be.
  15. Dene Devoted Player

I have a way out fun conspiracy theory on this.. all these shadow themed things appearing.. it will lead to 1. a shadow mat soon and 2. announcement of shadow powers

(i know it is just because of the whole JLD thing but it feels like shadow is being put out there a lot even for that )
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Shadow Monsters and Darkness Pools look too much like Celestial.
    • Like x 2
  17. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

That's what I am hoping. If the power does come out I hope they take more of the color scheme of the Umbral Aura and Shadowlands which was black with a darkish bluish color to separate itself from Celestial.

And on the Black/White Lantern note I personally don't think them being OP is the main issue even though if you had a choice between 5 rings Green, Yellow, Red, Black and White then Black/White are far superior from a lore stance so realistically Light and Rage shouldn't even be able to be on par with the healer counter part if its Black or White. My main problem with Black/White lanterns is that the powers seem to have to much push pull against each other. Unlike Green and Yellow fundamentally Black and White have nothing to do with each other power wise to put them in the same pool. Outside basic lantern constructs they just don't work the same and would require a completely different move pool between heroes and villains. White Lanterns are more then healers provided its what they do best and Black Lanterns do the opposite of healing your character would pretty much be dead to be a black lantern and why Brainiac would kidnap a zombie is beyond me.

Personally outside of Shadow powers which is a strong #1 for me, my #2 is actually Sound powers. With sound you can include Vibrational powersets and Music related powersets all in one. Take inspiration from heroes Black Canary and Vibe and Villains Pied Piper and Count Vertigo
    • Like x 1
  18. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

I don't know how new you are to either the forums or the game itself, but I let you know something that's been said here many times over, whenever someone requests a new power such as another light power. Daybreak must request license permissions from DC Comics whenever they want to either use a character, or in this case - a certain power, from the comics. From what I have heard, DC is very strict on the use of the color spectrum from the comics. Many have asked for the intro of Blue Power lanterns into the game, for many have thought they would be great Healers. But the answer is always the same. License restrictions prevent them from being added. It would be nice, but don't count on it happening.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It was the only time I've ever seen the devs say "no" to a power set idea outright. Any other power set idea or question would get the "we have no plans at this time" answer. But during a livestream around the WOTL releases the question of White/Black Lantern powers came up and it was a straight-up "no" for an answer.
    • Like x 1
  20. majosea Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    when player want hope power set in the game , and others say no ^
    • Like x 2