DCUO Announces New Episodes: METAL PART I & II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 19, 2019.

1. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Exactly! So there I was reflecting on what the next episode could be and I'm thinking Metal sounds good, not only for that purpose, per se, but the thought of the all out Justice League roster in Metal gear. So while pondering on the storyline and checking through listings on DC Streaming service's of comics I see Metal as the title and somehow, lol, think to myself there you have it. I'm so future outfitted :)
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

following the pattern of renamed slightly color altered alternatives to past materials released it'll probably be called element X/tenth metal material in reverence to the chrome/silver material https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Element_X.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Especially when they had a golden opportunity to release a bright, colorful Captain M-- uh, Shazam! episode earlier this year and instead chose to shove him into JLDark. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Also, we'd better be able to combine with other players into a huge Voltron - like robot.

[IMG]

Otherwise, what's the point of doing METAL? :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Themyscyran New Player

God I hope so!
  6. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

You forgot the Devastator - though his look would probably be difficult to do proper justice to, without being the Brute (or possibly Mesa) body type.
    • Like x 2
  7. Lugo Well-Known Player

I would honestly be so excited for this if I still enjoyed this game at all. I
  8. TimeSphere101 New Player

Wow can't wait
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

When they give a month, always presume it will be the END of said month (then you won't be disappointed). Therefore Metal one is likely to be available two months from now and will have an event version through October, November and December... three months.

If we're really lucky, Metal 1 will be out the beginning of September - so one month from now and four months of event version.

Either way, yeah, the Freemiums are gonna get short-shrifted on Metal 1, but maybe not by much. JLD was out at the end of March - so we've had four months, may have up to six months of it. Atlantis was what, five months? So not really that much difference.
  10. Ekart Committed Player

I don't care about the plot they'll use. I care about having something to do until it comes out. Why would I pay for something for the next 2 months when there is 0 to do?
    • Like x 1
  11. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

More Batman...ugh
    Though this game was called DC UNIVERSE
    Anything but Batman ,2020 needs to be rid of the batman
    Been waiting since Lightning Strikes for some Flash Content but Nope yall gave me a Red Death Style and Called it a day
  12. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

Could have given us War World , Mongul & Despero to Fix PVP
    Blue Beetle
    Captain Atom
    Firestorm
    Martian Freaking Manhunter but nope 7 Different Version of Batman Didn't we already get this in Battle for Earth
    • Like x 1
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I agree I also would love a dlc on Martian Manhunter the poor guy NEEDS some Attention.
    • Like x 2
  14. Krossssss Well-Known Player

2019 is year of the Villains for DC in general "movies t.v comics cartoons"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Metal biggest story-line with impact on the dc multiverse since Flashpoint
  16. Krossssss Well-Known Player

a must read for DC comic fans
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

to be fair red death will most likely play a significant part in the DLC, including invading an entire zone of central city if they follow the comic storyline accurately. i believe people are focusing too much on the "batman" aspect of the batmetal crisis, the entire main universe justice league was involved as well as their dark universe counter parts. flash was largely involved in the bat metal leadup/final battle after all. same with people complaining it's not lantern/wonder woman content; it's two parter with the merciless and dawn breaker involved, so we'll most likely see major subplots based on each major justice league member and their fight against their appropriate corresponding universe's dark knight. flash will fight red death (probably in a corrupted deadly version of central city), we'll probably fight the merciless in some kind of twisted themyscira flashback like from amazons divided/the truth, dawn breaker will probably be similar to a blackest night/oa under siege scenario, etc. the only one that's really going to be disappointing is probably going to be devastator, mostly cause it's just death of super man literally over again/batman vs super man.
    • Like x 1
  18. Krossssss Well-Known Player

THANK YOU DCUO THANK YOU [IMG]
    [IMG]
    This is AWESOME news.
    • Like x 2
  19. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Just give us more new Girls styles on next Time Capsule - ty -.-

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. JDunk1971 New Player

Personally, I was hoping for something more of a period piece like Gotham by Gaslight or something that would tie the more popular Elseworlds together with the DCUO.
    • Like x 1