DCUO Announces New Episodes: METAL PART I & II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Maybe this means we'll get metallic material? Unless that already exists.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the update on the next episode(s), I'll see how it goes. I wanted classic Batman stuff personally, but I'll give it a chance. Thanks again
    • Like x 2
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

My concern isn’t Batman or even that it’s Metal. I’ve predicted on these forums for months that the next episode was Metal, and I thought it would be a good story to adapt. My concern is that this entire year of DCUO is now being devoted to what amounts to horror movie content. There are elements of Metal that aren’t dark and demonic-like; I don’t want to sell it short. But it’s undeniable that the face of the storyline looks like a character from a Hellraiser movie.

I say this rhetorically, but was no one paying attention the past few years? Warner just went through this tragedy. What happens when you go all dark, all the time with DC comics?

Well, first your movies start disappointing at the box office. Then Deadpool makes a joke about you, and everybody laughs because you have become a joke. Then Diane Nelson is fired. Geoff Johns is demoted. Zack Snyder is marginalized. And ultimately the entire thing contributes to Warner studio head Kevin Tsujihara resigning.

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. That lesson just can’t seem to learned.
    • Like x 8
  4. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Dare I ask the question...would any new powers be a part of these episodes or have new powers been tabled indefinitely?
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This isn’t really the same kind of dark though. BvS and stuff like it is just edgelord melodrama. The JLD episode is a lot like Doom in that it has freaky monsters and low lighting but is really quite lighthearted at its core.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Good to finally hear news about the upcoming episodes. Guess I should have listened to one of Batwoman's briefings in Chaos Gotham a little more, that was kinda a vague teaser.

Wishlist for these episodes:

1. Reasonable challenging elite raids. With a variety of Batmans there is potential as there was in Nexus raid
    2. Kevin Conroy still voicing Batman
    3. If Joker is involved Mark Hamill back but Joker doesn't seem massively necessary or could just be there like in Gotham City Zoo
    4. Not too much Gotham. We've had a lot of Gotham rehash open worlds
    5. The alert should have some substance and challenge. Recent alerts have had decent mechanics so I'd expect the same or better from one or both alerts here.
    6. There is potential with artefacts. I suspect something to do with Batarang (the Iconic Power). Need some more might dps focused artefacts ideally.
    7. Definitely interested to hear more about the creepy instances. Need to be awesomely creepy while still with engaging boss mechanics and not just throw adds in for the sake of it.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Million dollar question. Is Kevin Conroy still voicing Batman? :)
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I tend to agree with this sentiment, which is why I wanted just some classic light Batman type stories, some classic Batman, Freeze, Catwoman, riddler, penguin etc.

All this edgy try hard "dark stuff" just becomes a bit much at times when it's all that gets pumped out.
    • Like x 4
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

a nice solo storyline for each dark universe metal batman would be interesting, preferably without forceful mechanics like the crown of thorns from atlantis thank you, the solos are supposed to be relaxing/casual fun ;).
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We already have the Red Death.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a million characters ...almost a century of stories...but the plot YOU wanted was the one to use?? not even sure about metal never read it but ...cant have everything...
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Lantern content confirmed after? :p
  13. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

[IMG]

MAKE THIS STYLE-SET HAPPEN, MEEPS!

P.S. Thanks for this Meeps. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

That's why I'm a little disappointed, cause I know they won't come back to Batman now for a while after this so it probably will be Lantern's and then 15 Wonder Woman magic themed DLC's
    • Like x 1
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

but if the monster
    [IMG]
  16. DarkWalkerBat Level 30

Uh...it's his 80th Anniversary.

And as to Metal, JOYGASM!!
    • Like x 4
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

My healer is gonna look so good with that jacket. You know it's coming!
    • Like x 2
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

truth be told this is the first true "batman" DLC we've gotten, all the others have him relegated to a side storyline or supporting character, or in especially fitting DLCS like JLD and riddled with crime not even there or involved. we always get storylines where batman/batmen are side characters but unlike wonder woman/super man/green lanterns batman is never specifically who the DLC revolves around, even identity crisis/paradox which had 5 or 6 "batmen" was a flash/time DLC mostly.
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.....

Waaaiiiittt....

So this means that Metal Part 1 will only be available for about 2 and a half months (depending upon what date in September it will launch and what date Episode 2 will launch) for Free/Premium players. Interesting.

"Metal Part I will be a large-scale episode, with level-agnostic event versions of content available to all players for a limited time."
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You can bank on next summer being all about Wonder Woman - probably the entire second half of the year.
    • Like x 3