Bonus Catalyst Weekend!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

Well sir you have totally peaked my interest! Just sent this to my league! Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us. Any news is good! All we are asking for us updates so thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

while this is true (past events typically were for all tiers and most episodes) as others have pointed out since we're not getting specific catalysts per episode/tier and raids/alerts and we're not getting the catalyst caches either the catalysts will mostly be useless/only semi beneficial to the players running the stuff, most people will save whatever catalyst is for a higher artifact rank they get for future breakthroughs or future need of ranking up a newly released DLC tied/different existing artifact. in this sense the event both is and isn't really beneficial to any given tier group/content populace. some people will get lucky and have stuff they can use now...... but for most of us it will be safely held up in banks till later. the seal of completion that degrades is the real waste to me, how i could use that for a 120+ break through in a month or two, but now i'll have to use it on a 60 or 80.
  3. YouTube New Player

Amen
  4. halovn Level 30

Hey Mepps could you please resolve my problem, im not getting any support on the ticket system. Please help me. I have sent you a PM.
  5. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Developers, this person is not representative of the vast majority of players. Please don't take any of his opinions to heart. The forum population is a small vocal minority, and the self-entitles and angry members of the forum population are an even smaller minority within the minority.
  6. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I've never understood the complaint that this doesn't help low levels.

First of all, it certainly does. The catalyst that drop are not for high level artifacts. They are all the lower level ones that you have to pay Constantine for normally. So right there, this is NOT an event for endgamers, who already have their artifacts past the need for those catalysts.

But even if it didn't....so what? If something is designed to encourage end game players to sign on and play, that's because they are at endgame with nowhere else to go. If you don't give end game players something to do, they don't tend to come back. Lower CR players don't need that.....they can just keep working on their toons, so that they will get to endgame eventually. Some weekend events DO help them (2x/3x source marks) and others (2X JLD marks) don't, or at least not yet. Not every event needs to appeal to every player. Eventually, those T5 players will be T9, and it WILL apply to them too.
    • Like x 2
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm...

Umm....

Everything is NOT only for the high CR level character; there are plenty of events that all can benefit from.

Let me see.

Artifact XP Bonus

Bonus Stabilizers: We just had this event happen in June.

Open Episodes

Bonus Source Marks

Bonus Nth Metal

The above events are for everyone to participate in. Now, if you were to point out that events for everyone should happen more often, then you would have more people agreeing with you.

For this event, you can use a higher level character (if you have one) and farm the On Duty missions that drop the catalysts, and then send them to your alts or store in your shared bank so your alts can get them more easily. This is what I do to help my lower characters gain some catalysts while saving up marks for other purchases.
    • Like x 1
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Bonus Source Marks were only for the last 3 episodes as well though....
  9. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I know I have posted this before but I will do it again. :)

1) Chance at a random catalyst is not that helpful. Give us cache boxes so we can pick the catalyst we need. This is helpful.

2) Please do not make the seals expire. I didn’t use it last time and I will not this time. I have alts and I can not afford to level artifacts without double XP.

As always I appreciate the gestures of different bonus ideas. My comments are simply to try to add value for the customers.
    • Like x 1
  10. metro2k Well-Known Player

not representative!?!?!
  11. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

im pulling up to yall booth at comic con ..:cool:
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

11AM every day at the DC booth.
    • Like x 5
  13. halovn Level 30

Hi Mepps i have sent you a PM regarding my account problem. I cant get any help.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Is that when you will announce the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths DLC?? :eek:

Maybe I should make a video about it?? ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

• Like x 1
  16. Perdition Committed Player

Even though i like weekends like this, can i make a small suggestion? Instead of dropping the catalyst, which is random. Can you drop catalyst caches in the future? Then alteast we can choose which one we need. It would save up alot of inventory space, and would feel more rewarding.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.