global ignore or right click ignore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

it seems like dc doesn't have a problem with gold spammers, which is their choice.
    i ignore them, but it's very annoying to have to ignore the same gibberish names on every character i log in.
    any way we could get a global ignore, where we ignore that character on all of our characters? because in what world would i want to ignore someone on one of my characters and not the rest? especially gold spammers that are breaking the tos, and nothing is being done about it at all?
    at least make it so we can just right click their names in the chat box and ignore them from there, instead of having to try 3 or 4 times to figure out whats a number and whats a capitol I or a lowercase L....
    • Like x 1
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

"Social Menu > Recent Text > *Select Spammer Name* > Add To Ignore" is the easiest way to do it with the least headaches - hope that helps.

But I would love a global ignore for each account too.
    • Like x 5
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

^ I agree, this is exactly what I do too
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

A global ignore would be a huge QoL improvement!
  5. myandria Item Storage

Oh, that is a no brainer:

Global Ignore for the win!:D

This is what I would love to see and be able to do:

Social Menu > Recent Text > "Select Character Name" > Ignore Character or Ignore Account > Ignore League (if a character is in a league this would show as an option)
    • Like x 1
  6. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

I say group them all together in a league. Kinda like locking all of them up in a room. Then quickly attach a hand grenade to a brick of C-4 explosive, toss it in the room, slam the door and then run like hell!! Then emote dance in the confetti. :p
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

would be awesome if daybreak would run a nightly spool report to see who has >50 ignores and investigate. #wishfulthinking
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

You know a global ignore would be "reverse engineered" to find/stalk players on said account too right?
  9. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Global ignore would be great. About an hour earlier I checked in various zones / chats and saw 19 spammers active (not counting Nightclubs / police stations). I must assume they have a lot of customers if they are so active.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Or, just a few players with multiple characters on an account spamming away.
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I'm not sure about that. I've played (and still play) games that have global ignore and I haven't experienced that type of stalking.
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

If you are on a PC I know you can 'box' multiple accounts at once, but to the best of my knowledge you can only run one character per account. People in Everquest boxed all the time, one character per account. So if a player wants to spam for a given website in say Hall of Doom, Metropolis and Gotham, each spammer would have to be on a different account.

When I've used the Social button to see 'Recent Text', the gold bot names never have a PS4 next to them. So are all the bots on PC's, or do they have some way of masking that?

Thanks!
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I remember those true box Everquest days; not only could you only run one character per account, but per machine. So, if you wanted to have your own team on Everquest back in the day, you needed a few computers/laptops to achieve it.

Yes, the gold spammers are normally on the PC side because you can run a few accounts at once on the same machine. Console players would have to take it back to the old days of running two or more consoles in order to gold spam. I was not aware that on the PC side you could only run one character per account; thank you for that clarification.:D
  14. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

From what I've read, 'True boxing' is where you are specifically allowed only one account per PC (like on Everquest progression servers). So if you wanted to legally 'two box' under those conditions, you'd need multiple PC's.
    My friend who played Everquest on a non-progression server often ran two accounts on her PC (I think back then she had two graphics cards, I'm not sure). But that was allowed on that server. However, she could only run one character per account.

To the best of my knowledge, playing two characters from the same account at once would require a person to log into the same account twice, and I don't know of any game that lets you do that.