more options in housing and decorations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

it would be really nice to be able to move items along axes, so that scattered papers can be on a table top instead of the floor, so you can stack all those boxes of case files, so you can put plants on tables, so you can put small items on those empty dynasty shelves....and why do cosmetic columns along walls act like a separate wall? how many good ideas have been ruined by a piece of decorative trim? you can rotate along one axes, why not all three?
    maybe a limited scaling tool? why are there munchkin sized doors? why is my dojo training dummy built for someone 4 feet tall? who is supposed to squeeze through this 3 foot tall art deco door?
    the housing system isn't bad, but it could be so much better with a minimal amount of effort.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Axis*
    • Like x 1
  3. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Yes, putting items onto shelves and tables etc would be very nice. Who leaves all their pizza boxes on the floor?
    Scaling would also be cool!
    Still, those doors are perfect size for my toon. Bear in mind the smallest size toons must be at least 5'5" to 5'7".The medium size, who look way taller, but let's say 6'5", then the largest size toon is maybe 7'5"! Your toon is a giant.
  4. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

most of them are middle size strikers...the art deco door is maybe 4 feet tall, including the frame, maybe a cabinet door, not a people door
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Well, you do realize that the art deco doors are specifically made for The Penguin...:D;)
    • Like x 1
  6. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

No, the smallest size toons are 'normal' sized. Same as civilians. .. so it must be at least 5'5" Those doors are perfect height for my toon. :)
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, granted using Killer Croc as a means of comparing height may not be ideal, but somehow it's tough to see this character of mine being 5'5" LOL

[IMG]
  8. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

lol yes the contrasts are way out of whack! Great SS!

But, civilians must be 'standard' or 'normal' sized, right? They are just slightly taller than my toon, so maybe 5'7' to 5'9"...
    The medium and large sized toons are just huge!
    • Like x 1
  9. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

send Major WingNut a tell on hero side, tell him you'd like to see is miniature doors, i'm sure he'd be glad to show you
  10. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

lol but you mean the art deco doors from the Penguin content, right? I have those in my base :)
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

little people rule
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thanks on the screenshot compliment, as soon as I saw the disparity in height I HAD to take a pic. :D

It's tough to tell because (as far as I know) we haven't been given any scale to work with for comparisons.

The only MMO I've played that actually gave height measurements for your character was during character creation in Champions Online, but outside of character creation it kind of became meaningless.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I wish they can go code all the other lair themes to be like the dive theme and be able to put stuff right in front of the door & decorator console
  14. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

Croc is a minimum 15' tall in that pic!
    I always thought it would be nice to have a slide available to set a toon's height, between something like 4' to 10'... to get some variety.. Not essential though, and probably impossible at this stage.
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yeah +1 from me, id love to stack Isis Bone Piles on my Butcher Blocks, & Water Puddles on Concrete Bags to alter how deep you would sink into it
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

AXES is a pluralizing of the word AXIS...btw...
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know but base items don't have a Z-Axis. If they did it was just be the one Z-Axis and not multiple.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

I agree, with this. DCUO made me realize i enjoyed housing, but it was missing things. Yes they do need a way to place items on top of other items, but the way it appears the item are are considered solid piece, but i think that would be how to be for item from here onward. As going back and potentially breaking how items work is something i dont think they are willing to risk. But i would like to see the housing section of the game improved so i can build around this version of my character here

Cause i deff get lost in styling out Roll's homes

Edit: I dont expect it to be to this degree (DCUO actually has more variety of items) but let me play with placing items on other items
    [IMG]
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Bla sorry last post sorta fell apart, player placed items are counted as fully solid, but breakable (i think in part to make sure you dont get stuck) but it seems like the housing items are sorta encased in a "glass case"
    [IMG]
    Im wondering can they make the top of the "case" solid to be able to place items on top of it
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I would be happy with being able to rotate items in 5,10 or 15 degree increments. If we could get that I would be stoked.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1