Bring the Sony Outage Styles to Current Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marrow, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That is literally what 'exclusivity' means: there is no Statute of Limitations on exclusivity

Wasn't around when Action Comics #1 was published for just 10c, butt still want it, should they give it to me if yell loud enough? o_O
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The reasons may be irrelevant toy YOU, but they certainly aren't irrelevant to the company. As for your last sentence, that's an opinion...not a fact.
    • Like x 1
  3. Marrow Active Player

No, but you can usually buy Action Comics #1 if you get enough money to do so, and it's also widely available online for pretty much anyone.

What I'm saying is not to be just randomly given it, but to have it available via the Quarks system. Because allowing everyone a chance is a lot more sensible than tying it to singular characters from something almost a decade ago.
  4. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

You're completely missing the point. It was exclusive to those that were affected by the outage during that time. Its content is no longer available to those that joined the game after the fact. Therefore, you are not included in that group, and therefore should not be allowed access to it. PERIOD. As other people have pointed out, this thread should be buried and forgotten about. As Elsa says, Let It Go! Don't make me sing the dang song now!! Crap! Thanks a lot. Now its stuck in my head!!! UGH!
    • Like x 2
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Maybe if you hold your breath long enough.....
    • Like x 5
  6. Marrow Active Player

The 'point' is dumb. The outage happened a long time ago. It's time to open the floodgate and stop locking off a piece content to the vast majority of players just because they weren't online at a certain time.
  7. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

Just because you think the point is "dumb" doesn't make it any less valid. It may be your opinion, and that you are entitled to, but its still a valid point. And something that you are going to have to learn to accept and move on. Seriously, lose the sense of entitlement that you appear to have. It doesn't look good on you.
    • Like x 2
  8. Marrow Active Player

How about the people who have it lose the sense of entitlement they have first?

I'm not 'entitled' to it. I'm entitled to the chance to get it through work. We all are. We all should have a chance. That's the point.
  9. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

You just do not get it.

The people who have it already, aren't entitled to it, just because they were the ones affected by the situation that caused the rewards in the first place. They were fortunate. There is a difference. I work in retail and I see people like you with this sense of "entitlement" all of the time. People who think that the rules do not apply to them, and that they should get what they want, just because they want it. And that nothing should stop them. And YOU are one of those people. This is something that is no longer available. What is it that you do not understand about this?! Are you really that ignorant? Or just that greedy? Your argument is moot and pointless. You are completely ignorant to what everyone here is telling you. And its really sad and pathetic that you just do not see it. I am done trying to get it across that ignorant thick skull of yours. Take your sense of entitlement elsewhere. This thread should be closed and deleted already.
    • Like x 3
  10. Marrow Active Player

Or you can stop throwing insults and be aware that all I want is for every person to have equal chance.
  11. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

You don't want "every person to have equal chance." You're just thinking of yourself, knowing that if they release something for you, that it will be in the game for everyone. Quit hiding the fact that you're just another greedy entitled person who wants something for nothing, something that is no longer available to you, and that you cannot have.

And I'm not throwing insults. I'm stating facts. Don't like it, put me on ignore. I really don't care. Entitled people like you disgust me.
    • Like x 2
  12. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]

Can I can has the SOE Vegas Elvis style jumpsuit? I mean wasnt there, didnt wanna put the "work" in going, but its been like 5 - 7 years since C'mon devs give everyone an equal chance...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

There is a style similar to the two face eye. It was on the seasonal St. Pattys Day Vendor.
  14. Marrow Active Player

No, I want everyone to have the chance to get everything. Don't put words in my mouth. I have exclusive stuff in Spacelords that I'd rather all players also be able to get too. It's not rocket science.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

This is the crux of the issue. I have them and quite honestly they were a gift for sticking around after paying for the game itself and then a sub on top of that only to have it shuttered for a month.

So no, I don't think others should get those styles. That said they could provide an alternate means to get the exact same feat and hopefully that'd mollify most of the people who have a concern. Then go one step further and make some sort of Twoface variant for the MP.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I feel like everyone who buys a dlc should get some type of exclusive reward.. yea legendary is cool u get to use money.. but other then that theres no reason, and if one month money is tight u loose everything.. that was my problem w when i bought legendary by the year, I didn’t get it the year stuff started,,, deteriorating,,, so i lost everything, and since then ive bought the dlcs that id like to play after the events go away but its soo hard to get groups for them.

Premiums need love yo were made a joke here on the forums bc we dont spend $120 for 3 dlcs in 12 months, and after a new dlc comes out the other becomes obsolete, thats why everything cost marks of victory now.. n its crazy I actually spend money on this game like i have for years n they cant even raise the cash cap to 5k or atleast lower the cost to repair gear...
  17. Dazz-252 Committed Player

EYE still have mine.

[IMG]

Though I've never practically used it. It never suited this character.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

But things don't always work that way. Limited time sales, exclusive products at a particular store or even just being in the right place at the right time all show that.

You weren't here for the hack (which is something that I think you should be grateful for, to be honest). And just the same as anyone who wasn't here when the one-year anniversary cape was available, that means you don't qualify for the gift that was given out.

"Accept it and move on" is the best advice I could give.
    • Like x 2
  19. Marrow Active Player

I was around, just on my old account before someone stole it about a year after the hacks.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's useful to know that you consider a promise to be invalid because you don't like it. Best of luck finding people to sign a contract with you.

Keep up arguing by assertion. It's entirely persuasive.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.