Bring the Sony Outage Styles to Current Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marrow, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marrow Active Player

[IMG]

It's been eight years since the Sony Outage. 416 weeks. There's no longer any feasible reason to keep the styles only available to people from that time period. It's been an entire console generation, c'mon now.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Doubt this one, but they have given us other options.. the evil eye & all the batman time capsule mask.. there was even a batman cape & cowl on the market place idk if it still is.. cosplay really isn’t my thing..

Im not sure why i didnt get the styles on my account im not even sure if i was on my current psn when it happened i had so many diff ones bc those were the days of getting blocked from call of duty games for umm... not playing fair
  3. Marrow Active Player

Naw, bring these back. Heck, make them acquirable via the Quark system. Auras and mats too.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They were exclusive gifts, I suppose you'll be wanting the feat too?
    • Like x 6
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a lot of people lost things when they were nearly forced to give up a play account for a pc account...the no1 cape the batdrone..i lost all that...and i am not the only one in this predicament
    • Like x 3
  6. Marrow Active Player

I don't really care much about the feat, really. Just the style items. I realize these were gifts, but these are eight year old gifts. Like, these have been around for almost two entire console generations. It's about time they stopped just being 'exclusive'.

Mind I'd still rather people work for them. Maybe through Quarks? I just believe everything should be available for everyone, as long as they put in the time to get things.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

a good work around might be putting the hack emblem into play. i'm not big on hoodies but i would love to be able to use the emblem on a coupe of other styles.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

First off, I do have to commend the OP for using the Two-Face inspired face piece as their example. More often than not people go to the Batman head piece as their example, so it's refreshing to see someone use one of the other gifts. :D

That being said, no. Through no fault of their own, players at the time were not only denied access to the game but also had their financial/personal information put at risk. Those gifts, along with the Hack hoodie, were part of the way that SOE expressed their apology to players who stuck around/came back. To hand those gifts out to players who weren't playing and subscribing at the time and never had their info put in danger would be, at the very least, insulting to those vet players who still remain.

And before we go into the whole "but it's been years!" bit, take a second and think long and hard about that. Yes, it's been that long. And in all that time and with all the requests that have come along asking for those gifts, SOE/Daybreak has never relented.

Not. Once.

That's how seriously they took the hack and how seriously they take the concept of "exclusive." They've never brought the Hack gifts to all players, pre-order exclusives haven't been handed out, and auras/materials that came in Booster Bundles as exclusive have not made a return. Even in other games (SWG, for example) exclusive stuff remained exclusive and if you missed your chance then tough toenails.

Folks can beg, plead, threaten (not recommended LOL), whatever they want to try and get those exclusives they missed. But when you take into account SOE/Daybreak's history on the subject, the chances are very VERY low that those efforts will be successful.
    • Like x 7
  9. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Next thing you they will want the trinkets that they gave away on Facebook back in 2011.lol
  10. Marrow Active Player

Nah, all I want is the Styles. Again, I believe everyone, every player, should be able to access anything if they put the work in.
  11. SSB Active Player

Nah, all I want is the Styles. Again, I believe everyone, every player, should be able to access anything if they put the work in.

• [IMG]
    What work did you put in to get those styles?
    • Like x 3
  12. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  13. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

No.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yes please just bring everything back, don't even care anymore lol

OG auras for all! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Honestly i think they should’ve been timed exclusives... its been years since ive seen someone running around w the 2face eye or even batman mask ...ive been here the whole time & got the rewards on another account... i dont have the “ ive been here longer then you” attitude like its been years who cares at this point
  16. AquiloFury Committed Player

I have to agree with those who say no..I was not even around when it happened, so why should I get the things that loyal players at the time were rewarded with? If they were to ever do this, it would be a gigantic slap in the face of those loyal players..and that's not cool.

#weareNOTentitledtothosethings
    • Like x 1
  17. AquiloFury Committed Player

In this case, I could understand. If they could verify your other acct with the rewards and your current were indeed the same person..I could get behind you getting them on your other account.
  18. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I don’t get why anyone cares they’re back in the game. Majority of the people who have the styles quit a long time ago anyways. I haven’t seen anyone with the two face style in years. Hell I don’t even see the server emblems around anymore and some of them were good (TKJ #1). And while on the topic can we I love DCUO so pleaseeeeeee bring back scarecrows dual wields.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

In that case I would want the unreleased “back-from-all-the-crashing” (pc client issue 3/28-5/3/19) feat :p ;)
    (dates state my crashing spree (sorry for remaining pc players if still crashing :( )

In all seriousness thou, I’m also on the no list, since none of my info was up at stake, mean like yea it be cool to have but I understand I wasn’t playing dcuo at that time
  20. Marrow Active Player

exactly this. There's no reason to cater to the elitism of like a handful of people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.