Hold on a second

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

I was skimming YouTube and found out there are old voice files for Black Alice and unused voice files for Circe and Faust.

Why didn't they make it in game?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a lot that didn't make it in game. There are finished iconics that didn't make it in game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Black Alice also has a model in the files too. I came across those voice files a few years ago too and by the sounds of it there were going to be daily missions for R&D when it was released but they were scrapped before release. I can’t remember who the other mission givers were but there were 6 in total. One for each origin and faction.

It’s very common for games to have unused assets buried in their files.
    • Like x 2
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

"What's so hard about making some junk?"
    - The *** community to devs
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The unused model that still blows my mind is Amazo. I guess the devs just can’t handle his concept from a gameplay perspective.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Raven Roth Committed Player

Having Amazon copy our powers would've made for a fun boss fight
    • Like x 2
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Staying true to the character, the longer you fight him he copies more powers. So you start out with his default attack. Then he absorbs ice power and starts attacking with ice. Then he absorbs fire power and starts sending out ice from one hand and fire from the other at the same time. Then he absorbs earth and summons a pet that attacks while he’s also hitting you with fire and ice at the same time. Etc.

I don’t know what the programming would entail, but I think it could be boiled down into something simple. Have his scripted fire, ice, etc attack. Enable a detection of what powers are fighting him. Set up an RNG for what powers get chosen in what order.

Of course, the easy way would be to just have him with the powers of the seven founding JLA members; and if nothing else, they could do that mostly by transplanting the iconic and movement mode abilities we can get as characters using skill points.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Copies the Healer and starts healing, copies the tank and his defense skyrockets...
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

copies the dps and starts doing poor burn damage XD........
    • Like x 5
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ha!
    • Like x 1
  11. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Copies the server and crashes the group XD
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

#dead
    • Like x 1
  13. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

XD my bad for the ultimate one shot lol
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That’s really cool, I hadn’t heard those before. Thanks for sharing :)
    • Like x 1