Cr relevancy&Source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Basically my concern is this.

Vendors have things like ember auras, styles and the like you can sell by continuing to farm episodic marks regardless of relevancy.

I mean i can't test yet end it seems unclear to me again perhaps im wrong bit if they're going to change episode marks to source marks as things progressively move but retain the relevancy window they're actually reducing the number of useful marks a player can farm because they're thinking the only thing useful on a vendor is gear and not the tradeable style rewards.
    • Like x 7
  2. IonHero Committed Player

Perhaps a system of diminishing returns such as prestige?

Admittedly, You would probably need to change to a conversion of 1 MoV = 10 or 100 Source Marks.( and change the conversion of source to quarks in similar fashion)
    But then as you changed tiers for content, you would get just get less reward.
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I understand the problem. But i also have to say i wish i had a fun and meaningful incentive to run old content that still contributed to my end game grind. To break the monotony of running the same pieces of content over and over. I realize there is rewards albeit minimal rewards for end gamers in content out of relevancy.

So why cant we do something like this? For all content in your relevancy you receive full source marks. For all content out of relevancy you have it on a scale since you are worried about people just farming easy content for full end game source marks.

A T1 raid would reward a minimal amounts of source marks still. But every relevancy window or Tier you jump up you receive slightly more source marks and so on and so on. So say a raid in your relevancy rewards you 10 source marks and a T1 raid or alert earns you 1 source mark. A T5 or T6 piece of content could reward you maybe 5 or 6 source marks.

This could all be adjusted based on content. But I think this will give a good enough incentive to keep players going back to older content, keep Ques healthy and still hinder peoples ability to just farm easy content for tons of marks. It will let end game players play some older content to break up the grind and still get reasonably rewarded. Please consider.
    • Like x 6
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I would propose this (just as an idea).

Gear everywhere uses Source Marks (except for latest episode).

Cosmetic rewards, base items, crafting mats, generator payment, style items, etc., uses Mother Coin (except for the latest episode).

Mother Coin is only awarded in Alternate Reward Boxes, and amount varies depending on the color of the reward box (more from raids, less from alerts, duos, etc.).
    • Like x 3
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So I have a question.

I have a character who has been running Deluge even though she is out of the relevancy window. Why? Because I want styles for her (OP shoulder, an aura) that can only be bought for her at the Deluge vendor for Atlantean crowns. It's a long slog, because there is hardly anybody doing Deluge these days, so it's hard to get a raid group together (and last week I couldn't find a group for the Starro Conqueror at all). So I might not complete these styles before this update goes live.

Will I still be able to buy these items after the update by running Deluge, or will I be able to run Atantis or JLD and earn currency that I can use to buy these items from the Deluge vendor?
    • Like x 1
  6. Tarif Committed Player

Im thinking the same.

Devs need to understand, that once we run our weeklies, dailys, for current content, many active players still run the old episodes for the rewards and in game profits that we either need to catch up on or play through for feats and in game profit.

Take that, and many active players wont need to be so active no more, in my opinion. You'd think they would want their player base satisified with running older episode content for its DLC Based rewards just to keep us online and active in game. ITS WHY WE PAY FOR EPISODES AND MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP.

Not sure who thought of this idea, but its a horrible one. Makes no sense at all to me. Seems like they are trying to figure out how to give their customers less and less for some reason.

Not sure why I should pay for a monthly membership anymore with ideas like this. I would literally have to only buy a current episode as a stand alone, and use the marks from it to buy anything else from vendors I wanted with those marks, since they are forcing us to only be able to earn the marks from this new cr relevancy window.

Oh yeah, great idea here. Lets give them less things to run and earn marks and rewards from, and show them they will just need to buy a current dlc. Maybe not even that...since most of the time they offer it for free for awhile anyways. Could pretty much play through the episode and gear up in that allotted time, and have nothing better to do than go play and pay for another game. Got it.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tarif Committed Player

Except once your out of the cr relevancy window, we are NO LONGER going to get the episode specific marks either. So right now, if you were out of cr relevancy, and you ran episode specific content, you wouldnt get marks of victory, BUT YOU WOULD get that episodes specific marks/ cash as a reward for old gear, collections, episode specific broker items. NOT ANYMORE. Now you will get an award box, with 1 mark. 1 single mark. Smh.
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Again, this exact discussion occurred on GU47. Almost word for word. This is the whole reason we got episode specific currency and exorbitantly priced styles with the last few episodes.
    • Like x 4
  9. Tarif Committed Player

This is really bad. I feel like they have completely depreciated the value of the membership I pay monthly for, to have access to all these other episodes, their rewards, and the in game profits I may earn through having access to them.

Im not sure who is having ideas like this, but they are wrong to me, and not something I will continue to pay for. I can buy a current episode and be done if they force my back against a wall like this.

Seriously, we buy our memberships to have access to all these past episodes for a reason. These older episodes are already ghost towns, and this just seems to put the last nail in the coffin, and takes half, if not more of my daily activity in game away.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Then why even introduce a new currency in the first place?

There's literally no reason to introduce Source Marks when they are essentially(if you take away the cap) the same as Marks of Victory. This is why I can't stand DCUO in it's current state, Content Relevancy is one of the worst ideas that this game has ever implemented in my opinion, and the fact that we've had it for 4 years straight is dumbfounding.

The crucifix of the argument is that as we get through more and more of the game, we shouldn't need to return to older content unless we get what we need.... but you are also creating a whole slew of problems in the process that aren't getting addressed.

To put in lament terms: Your system Kills any form of replay value that would've existed otherwise in the game's content.

"Oh we had inflation with the old Marks of Triumph system" yes, but we also sunk a-lot more of our game time because there was an Incentive to run old content. Gear was expensive? Yes. But you could run a day's worth of content, and get that piece; and it felt rewarding to do so in my opinion.

Contrast that to the setup of Today's DCUO: You run a set amount of end-game content: Dailies and raids, then you simply log off. The only way you essentially get more replay value off of the game is either to run an Alt toon(Which has it's own tons of issues.) or buy replay badges. Once again, replay value for content gets ignored entirely.

This system is so destructive in terms of progression too. Almost Everything in DCUO is solely reliant on you needing to team with other people to run content, but guess what happens when you eliminate a primary reason to run said content? Said Content doesn't que, players get tired of waiting, and players log off or find something else to do. And in a game like this where you need to go back and run old content to get styles and feats alike, players having no incentive to que up hurts the game and it's population.

The Relevancy System is the primary reason why I don't want to buy newer episodes or even subscribe to the game. There's zero point in me buying a piece of content that's guaranteed to never be played again once it's done being the new hotness. Now sure, you can say "this happens with every mmo, deal with it." But.... in other mmos, they don't discourage the players from running their older stuff.

Look at FF14, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, and so on. Sure, they clamp you or lower your stats, but they still reinforce replay value.

DCUO on the other hand discourages it entirely. That alternative reward box becomes useless once you get done with all of the ton of merit feats, and people aren't going to run an alert for an RNG shot at 1 petty currency mark.

(Oh but you can progress through event versions of end-game content.) Yeah.... no, I'm tired of trying to enjoy the game with this bandaid fix.

And it's also problematic because your alts don't get to do anything different than what you do on your main toon, and you get burnt out because your forced to play end-game so much. The only thing that event versions of content do that's different is that it's easier difficulty, otherwise your doing the same old routine with nothing different between your toons.. again resulting in players being exhausted from the latest episodes.

Where's the variety? Where's the replay value? I want to enjoy DCUO's content, I truly do.. .but..... I just can't wrap my mind around anybody who thinks that CR Relevancy=AKA Discouragement from running content you've bought is a good idea.

There's been 100's of threads from players wanting CR relevancy to be gone or adjusted in some form, but we still have the disencouragement system we have now. With this entire post in mind, I ask you guys to please reconsider Relevancy in this game. We need more reasons to run the game's content, our content, not less.
    • Like x 13
  11. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

A simple solution is to have an alternate at different level ranges, so that you can play at relevancy and get the Source Marks you need. And best of all, you experience the content in a way that's closer (not exact, as you can buy Feats/SP over, and have artifacts/augments that weren't around) to how it was originally created and intended to be experienced.
    • Like x 1
  12. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

I'm sure Mepps meant that all episodes with a specific currency would drop a 1:1 ratio of Source marks for post tier players.
    But if not and this goes as bad as it looks, we're going to need a stats clamp feature in the future to remove the relevancy window.
    I'm not against stat clamping but this but it would appear we may be taking the most painful path to get there.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

No, I'd rather have less marks than stat clamping, period. Even though they appear to eventually be doing us out of episodic marks we could have farmed outside of relevancy I'd far much rather they do what they're doing here than stat clamp.

I never want stat clamping.
    • Like x 7
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If only they could just give us the option in the Q to toggle clamping. FFIV does this. You can sync to old content and be rewarded accordingly. Give us the option to do it old school or rip right through it. It will never happen though.
    • Like x 7
  15. C3alix Committed Player

I'm seeing reports of people getting 8-13 marks with cr relevance and 5-8 above cr relevance on the test server per raid.
    • Like x 1
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

If they stat clamp, I’m done for good. Bad enough raid bosses take way too long to kill now as is. I don’t even run the raids anymore now that I got the feats I care to get. Just a drag, and boring af. They nerfed us enough.
    • Like x 2
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm sorry but can someone explain the difference from the current set up ? Why was this changed ? What does it aim to achieve ?
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The exact same thing that happened with GU 47 is what's happening. :mad:
    What is happening is Jack Emmert is not paying attention to DCUO as much because he is over all of the games now.
    It appears that some of the old hands are trying to revert the game back to self destruct mode. Quite simply.....They are trying to kill the game. They are trying to make everyone play in one area.

All I know is that I am glad I cancelled my membership before I left for vacation to Colorado, Wyoming & Montana. I'm at a hotel wifi in the middle of nowhere ATM and very thankful indeed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are exactly right...except the parts you are wrong on. Pre Ep 27, please go to the vendor that has a 350 mark collection required for a feat....or Auras...or different chachkies like Materials or supply drops/backups. Is it in the Ep 21 vendor? Ah...the T2 vendor? Oh....no vendor before 27 had those things? Guess that's why those episodes were different and had a 2nd revenue stream that did NOT go out of relevancy.

So your HUGE plus is losing 44 E3 Ultrabucks a week from running the 3 open world big payment weeklies + the 2 raids to be able and get 8 or 10 source marks (assuming stupid good luck on the alt rewards boxes + picking a mark each raid boss chooser). How is that going to help you get that OP collection piece from E3 faster? I mean math IS hard....but it ain't that hard.

Reinheld
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Which is kinda crappy because I do those weeklies in order to buy gear for donation to my League Hall. I'm the only one in my league and that's how I can keep the account high enough to get 1-2 League Hall Mainframe add-ons a month.
    • Like x 1