Livestream Preview: Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...if you say so. They always looked like Caucasian 1, Caucasian 2 and Caucasian 3 to me. There is definitely a bigger difference now...I'm not against it.....if for nothing else than to not have everyone looking like my toon. Variety is the spice of life.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is correct. You won't get 20 Source Marks.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is actually true. ^
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's why I'm asking. And it would not be 'double' it would be 'the same'. Right now at relevancy you get 20 marks on a raid. 10 you spend on AF3 stuff...10 you spend on rent or cat caches or styles at Vendor 00/22. Once 27 goes 'source' marks...if you still need that 350 mark collection from the AF3 vendor, you will now only have 1 place to get those marks...current content. The whole pitch of these super high priced items in the AF3 and up vendors was that "you can work on those over a long period of time", but you can't if the revenue stream for marks shuts down as you will go out of relevancy within 2 DLCs.

BTW...27 and up will never be 'the same' as 26 and below because the lower vendors sold gear....that's it. AF3 and up vendors sell 1000's of marks worth of chachkis and style items...some of them feat related....the 2nd set of marks kept people going back to the older content so they could work on those items AFTER the gear was irrelevant. Also the prices on gear since AF3 are way more than they used to be (yeah even before the <27 gear price reductions). Those prices may get scaled down some, so maybe it won't be as big of an issue on gear, but 350-400 marks for a collection is still a lot of marks competing in the same revenue stream as the rent and other things we spend MoV on now.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Told ya. ;)
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Okie doke. Can't wait to see the price reduction on those AF3 and AOJ collections.

BTW...what was the source mark 'cap'? 999....or 9999? If 999 I guess I gotta start spending now. I think I've got 2000+ 27-31 marks....at least.

Reinheld
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

No second set of source marks when in range
    (Just saw you saw)
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And if they were named that...I'd have known. That was my point.
    [IMG]

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Maybe it's just because when you're not explicitly told the difference, an in-group won't actually notice the difference.
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I know, just having a bit of fun. You're truly correct, because although I did pick up on it, it was even hard for me to even be sure without really looking hard a the models. Now, none of us have to do that. :)
  11. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Can someone provide some pictures of the updated models?
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

well, i'm not too fond of the new spring event styles this year, but maybe the base items will be something.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The prices on the collections haven't been reduced. The gear has had a very significant reduction in price though, including elite gear. The highest price for a piece of elite gear on test currently is 23 Source Marks.

The cap on Source Marks is 999,999.
    • Like x 4
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

The Batman's new design, it looks good.

[IMG]
    And the skins.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

To bad the fade haircut still isn’t a fade
  17. Tarif Committed Player

So with the transition of source marks, we will no longer get any reward, like the dlc related cash for running the old content if we are out of the relevancy window, is what Im understanding.

That means we will literally have to rely on new content to get any of the marks needed for old gear, items, ect in these older episodes?

I have either paid for these episodes because I enjoy going back playing them, earnng their rewards, or have them alloted to me with my membership that I pay for. There have been many episodes that have many dlc related collections, items, styles, that were marketed for sale with that dlc specific cash that many of us still try to earn.

Now, those rewards, except the award box you keep plugging will be taken away? You going to lock renown rewards too, heh? Comeon already with this. If this is what your actually taking from us, This is a pretty unrealistic idea.

Someone in the office actually trying to figure out how to give us less on a weekly basis, and lose more players in game? Pay attention to your customers.
  18. hazard099 Active Player

its all meh
  19. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Legends PvE content should sort below the current Event queues in the On Duty menu.

I saw Legends PvE on first glance and got excited, then I read the rest of the sentence and was let down as usual. This update....let’s be nice and leave it at this, it misses the mark. Going to review it on tonight’s show. :)
  20. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Are we sure about this? I know Mepps said it was correct, but... I thought Human 2 is the "white person" skin, and Human 1 is the "black person" skin. I assumed this, because the default female character when you make a new one is a pale-skinned blue-eyed blonde that uses the Human 2 skin.

EDIT: Yeah, no way. I just went into character creation. When you select Human Skin 2 (the one at the top), it's a white person. And when you scroll down and select Human Skin 1, it auto tints you to a black person and the nose profile from the side view goes to what one of the staff on the streamed described as "like/more Aqualad." It may be a typo from the game's early development that 2 is before 1 in the menu. But regardless of the order on the creation menu, the Old #2 is more equivalent to the New #1. Maybe they can go in and change those numbers when the update comes out.