New skins?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsceneBoy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Megzilla Developer

To clear the air, I don't work on them. I share what I can, on the status. To let y'all know that we have heard you. I have no problem going radio silent if that helps!
    • Like x 10
  2. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Please don't stop sharing info on all.the.things. just because some rando is ungrateful in the forums. For every one of them there's 20 more who appreciate the updates.
    • Like x 8
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

What updates? If we are not getting new skins after teasing us for like 6-8 months then I prefer they say nothing about working on new skins.
    We are talking about new skins, thats just a mesh with a damn HD texture and they don't seem able to find time to do that.
    They could sell new skins like they do with other cosmetics. There are many cosmetic possibilities aside auras, materials and accesories, why is that so hard for people to understad?.
    • Like x 6
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I ran into this very same argument w mepps a few months ago.. he said when they survays & something proves to be popular that doesn’t mean that itll make it in game... so whats the point in even showing us it as a possibility i asked... many people defended his statement, idk why

On the topic of skins, idk why this is something we have to beg for, but that’s usually what they do.. make us beg for something for a year or 2 then when everyone forgets they announce it

Well probably see new stuff in 2021
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Skin Time capsules and a special skin vendor that uses quarks for the win. :D

I think once you guys got going on the skins you guys could easily make a lot of them. You would find that making new skins are about as easy as making new emblems.
  6. Jak-Man Committed Player

Who does work on them? Can I talk to them? See what they're up to?
    • Like x 1
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think you're taking this the wrong way, it's been a while since you said you were working on new skins, hair etc. I think even us complainers are grateful that you do reach out to us, we just need more of a update of what is going on with skins, faces etc. it would help if you can possibly show us any so far completed work, I'm sure that will help alot of us.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Boooooooooo you lieeed

Maybe materials on skins would good way around you devs have to ya know.. give us what we want
    • Like x 1
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

You are grossly over simplifying that.

They have to model each of about 6 pieces separately, Make it play nice with the skeleton,make it play nice the all the styles, make it play nice lighting and environment etc. You all act like it model it slap it on like paint and call it a day. If it was that simple they would be here already.

The new cosmetics simply replace the portion of the base model they cover. They are a lot faster to produce.

Comparing it to final fantasy which came out like 3 years after DC is meaningless. FF14 has a different graphics engine, does account for hit detection, does account for physics, and outfits are layered rather than parts.

This game use Unreal Engine 3 from like 2007 and wasn't build to be all that modular. There is also a time and resource factor to consider. It's coming until they are ready. They way some of you act in regards to styles , or powers reminds of children who don't understand the concept of I can't have it now or when it is ready. Daybreak isn't some big studio with Hundreds of employees. They have to prioritize. New skin models would be nice but they aren't a necessity so they would logically go to the bottom of the list of things to add.

We already waited s long what a few more months. If anything i would rather hear about new powers since it has been 2 years but ill just wait until they are ready to make an announcement. Its okay to be passionate but there are time where it is implied that the devs dont care or are not working to the best of their ability but there is a lot more to it and that's not fair.
    • Like x 4
  10. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Yes to new skin for our toons.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

body types.

They are not really over simplifying anything. The players want different skins not different body types. As long as the devs use the same skeletons there should not be any issues. The body types are already there. The only thing that they would need to do is either make or import the textures.

Take for example. Players like me.
    All we would really like are animal skins without those ugly ears and tails.
    The devs could take the existing animal textures from the animal skins and apply them to the skeletons that do not have ears and tails. bada bing bada bang. All done.

It's an easy side project that could be worked on in someones spare time. It could also be a good learning tool for interns or other team members that want to learn that process and show some initiative.

http://waylon-art.com/LearningUnreal/UE3-08-ImportingTextures.htm
    • Like x 3
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Skins would sell as well as anything if they put them inside TC's and also put them on a quark vendor.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

If it was one solid model, that would be true but the way they th models were coded were like lego bricks. Its 6 separate textures they have to add to six separate parts then combine them like legos. That's what makes it time consuming.

Like when you put on you glove style it often replaces the hand. If you ever clip the camera into your characters' hands youlls see the connection between the forearm and upper arm. Your characters aren't actually wearing the styles. If they were then that would be easy. That's why they don't make more sizes too. They would have to re-adjust the styles. It's sad to say but the original weren't future thinking when they built a lot of the UI and systems. That team was way bigger than today's.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

They would not have to readjust any styles. We are talking about the bottom layer of the character. They only thing that they have to do is import new textures or make them and then stay within the existing parameters. It's not that hard.
  15. Hurly-Burly Active Player

ADVERTISED
    [IMG]

REALITY
    [IMG]
    Third guy to the left would make a sick symbiote Venom base.
    • Like x 2
  16. Brit Loyal Player

I'm not too bent out of shape about skins. It's rare that my character's face can be seen anyways, given the number of heads and masks that will at least partially obscure it.

I do wish, however, that the hairstyles they introduced for NPCs would be available for PCs as well. Particularly the Mera hair, the Lois Lane hair, and I would like for every single new hairstyle they've introduced to also include a beard option for the men. Too annoying that rocking Tamaranean hair removes my goatee.
    • Like x 4
  17. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Human skin on live stream apparently, I don't wanna get my hopes up but if it is what it is then my prayers have been answered
  18. Eve YouTuber

Here are the skins (Male & Female)
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Just curious: What about things like Tattoos, Youthful, Barbarian, Wise etc ?

Will things like barbarian and tattoo be converted to accessories?
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No changes to any of those.
    • Like x 1