Deadman Can't Jump

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ForeverMan, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ForeverMan New Player

Deadman can't jump. Yep my wife and I tried for over an hour to catch up with the raid party in Shattered Gotham, learning to jump from rock to rock. Sadly dying 27 times and a couple of million dollars worth of armor repairs. One time I was able to catch up with the party at the first sub-boss towards the end of that fight but the next jump put be behind again as I chose poorly. Without the party showing the way, I had to make decisions myself and trial & error as to which were the right rocks and distance, or leap of faiths frankly takes time. I can't see how this will be affordable for a similar player but free to play with limited money. So no, we didn't get the OP gear at the end or what feeds it to make it better. Oh I forgot to say this was all doing the preview version. Any comments on how to jump and choose the right way better?
    • Like x 3
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Imo putting platforming in dcuo was a terrible choice. Its implementation in SG is clunky, tedious and a time drain. If anyone falls behind, everyone suffers.

SG is the worst raid in years but it can be lifted by the team finding a way to return movement mode to players in it.
    • Like x 8
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

After I did the raid the first time, dying maybe 40 times on the way to the boss fight, I took my character back to the beginning and went through, learning the path. I have 14 characters I want to run through this raid, so I figured it was worth a little time to check it out. I now know the way to go, and which bits require leaps and which don't. There's only one spot that is iffy even when I know which way to go, but I figured out a workaround.

I hate raids in general, but being behind the main group for this entire raid was really distressing for me. I felt like a useless hanger-on instead of a team player and hated every minute of it. But I've done everything I could to make sure I can do it next time, so here's hoping I don't feel so crappy when I send another character through it.
    • Like x 2
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Did the raid last night and the whole rock to rock to rock leap did add time to the mission which will probably make it less popular than the other raid and less popular than raids in the past. Now personally I did not die any where near that often but had a number (I didn't really keep count) of missed steps that left me falling and then out cold. The battles them selves are not bad and it took us about 30 or 31 minutes to complete.

Now here is the thing I wonder about. As we know from other DLCs and missions a good amount of the player base wants things to go Fast and Furious so they can get done and move on to another raid or to REPLAY that one again. I used all caps on replay because this is what I wonder about. If the raid is going to take that long and for many be that difficult how many replays will get spent on it? Oh I am sure the "gotta have them all" feat collectors will tough it out until they have every last one but kind of wonder why the Dev team wold make a mission that involved.... since it could very easily chase off players and result in less money spent of replays?

Now personally I do raids once a week so I'll continue.. Hey I got better at jumping by the end and why pass up the armor drops, nth metal drops and currency just because its strange not being able to fly or whatever?

Still by the time the raid ended about 4 or 5 players had quit and were replaced (probably because of all that jumping to your death) and others WERE grumbling about the time spent by the time the final boss dropped. MAY want to go with things like the corridor full of lasers to avoid from the other raid next time DEVS. That was challenging but took a lot less time and not a single player quit that raid over it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I realized after running it once that I just won't run it again. I'll skip any feats and progression in this mistake of a raid. It's just not worth the headache. In fact JLD is making me want to stop DCUO altogether as the disconnect between the direction of the game and the realities of the general population seems to be widening.
    • Like x 10
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Jump, Block, Roll. You will cover much more distance than if you just jump. Also, if you have access to it, Man-Bat form can cover a lot of distance as well with jumps + block rolling.

On a side note, doing the speed feat in Elite is going to be a ton of fun. Group members will literally will not be able to make a mistake on the jumps. I am looking forward to it =D. Also, don't feel bad about dying at the jumping. Hell, there were many of us that died during testing and on Live last night in Shattered Gotham. lol. We all got a ton of laughs out of poking fun at each other.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s a stupid mechanic that doesn’t belong in DCUO. I have Mario for platforming, his jump physics aren’t complete ***.
    • Like x 7
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

The platform jumping really isn't all that bad, people just need to get used do it and adapt like they do with everything else.

How fun would the game be if they kept the same formula for every single instance for every episode? Some people need to just get over themselves and stop expecting an ENTIRE episode to cater to their liking at all times. This is only ONE instance out of an entire episode, I am 100% sure we will all be able to survive that fact.
    • Like x 8
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Why do people struggle with jumping in this raid? I don't get it...
    • Like x 4
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

stop being apologetic to the maintenance crew. There is a problem and it needs to be addressed. There is no reason a game should have technical issues like that in 2019.

People have been asking the maintenance crew to fix the problems to v-sync on PC for years.
    • Like x 3
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Lol this was an honest question. I haven't encountered any issues besides other players toons blocking you accidentally mid air. So relax mate. It's just something I can't get behind.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Run the event a few more times just to get used to the idea. Blocking and rolling helps a ton in making sure you don't undershoot the jump. Moving over to normal, make sure the group is on the same page, it will get easier to move as a unit and make sure that nobody is lost, granted people are actually adapting to how to jump at all. :D
    • Like x 1
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I LOVE DCUO...but really...REALLY HATE PLATFORMING! I'm not good at it and I find it tedious at best.But that is just me. As for the rest of the new content great job DEVS
    • Like x 3
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh like I said I will run that raid once a week.... Now let me clarify Along with my now CR 263 Dps/Troll I will be running the same content with my CR 254 Dps/Healer and CR 230 Dps/Tank... and unless I see some dramatic improvement in jumping skills from team mates.. I will be doing the EVENT version ONCE a week not three times LOL Hey cash is cash and that CR 235 armor costs a ton.

Now the rest of the content? has its challenges but I didn't find it that bad. I LIKE the duo and was glad to see they fixed the portion with Shazam. On test at first you had time hitting him with the orbs just right or it didn't take. Seems much better. The alert and other raid are not bad at all and while they do have some mechanics players NEED to realize must be done if you ever want to win they don't require JUMPING lol
    • Like x 1
  15. AV Loyal Player

Myself and some leaguemates actually really enjoyed the platforming, especially rescuing the civilians for the feat and the collections.
    • Like x 4
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

You do realize you just said
    Jump > Block > Roll like it was nothing
    50% of the players can't even block. Now you want them to do multiple things?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 15
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

That literally made me laugh out loud.
    • Like x 3
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree even last night as the raid went on and players got used to the idea.. "hey we can't just step off this floating rock.. there is nothing to step on to" It got better. Took me a few (okay more than a few) times to get a handle on things and then it was much smoother. My guess would be in a week or so (replays making the difference) Be a lot less falling to your death... well except for those that just never get the idea that they need to JUMP LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. inferno Loyal Player

My tip is: Lunge. at the top of your jump. that will help you get across. The hardest part I've seen for some friends is the jump down where they barely see the rock below and the boost spot. You need to be moving forward as you enter that boost spot to propel you forward as well. And if you're uncomfortable with the jumps don't for for the investigations for now. The other spot that may be difficult are the ZIP spots that zip you forward. My advice is to memorize which ones they are and just prepare.

Sadly, a lot of people have forgotten or hated that Toyman mission at stryker's island in the earlier years.
  20. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

We need to hire BA to teach a blocking class.
    • Like x 1