Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

I messed around with this last night just tio get some numbers on Arc vs Vbolt (for PI)
    Since I'm PS I don't have the analyzer and have to just do the math off combat log or parser

For single target Vbolt does hit harder than arc, but in 10 second parsing tests it is hard to tell since the DOT will last longer than 10 sec. I will say when Arc crits it seems to do so significantly higher than Vbolt.

Tesla does have the weakness as LT described and many times you will have as Chill said a tank that doesn't pull them all together. Though I would always call them lazy. Some just prefer to not do that or are not secure enough in their ability so safer if better for them. To me it's not worth switching out an additional power or having a another armory so I don't switch it.
  2. Stark23 Committed Player

Wait, Galvanize is a HoT. Granted, not a significant one but it is one.
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Got around to properly testing Arc vs Vbolt and the results weren't even remotely close as I already suspected.

[IMG]

*each move used 75 times on a single sparring target.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Well... vbolt is a small burst and a dot that overwrites itself while arc is a straight burst, so I'm not sure what this is trying to show. if you let 75 casts of vbolt play out, that would be 900 hits.
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Allowing the entire dot to tick its duration would never happen in actual gameplay without overriting it again unless you are honestly expecting elec players to use vbolt and just spam powers until the PI is up and reapply? The animation time is the same, with 1 crit of Arc it would take prob 2 full dot tick duration's just to match. There is literally no reason to use vbolt
  6. AD Leo Well-Known Player

I use the load out in you video with great results but I usually use Overcharge in place of EG especially in alerts and duos or use EBomb. I only use EG in raids with a good troll in part due to only having 255 SP on my 254 toon.
  7. KiteManHellYea New Player

Recently came back to the game and decided to switch my character from celestial to electric. Im sort of regretting it and looking for some help. DPS in raid content is fine and i usually do slightly better than i did with celestial except in single target heavy fights. But healing and single target fights im struggling in.

For single target heavy fights as well as smaller type content like duos and alerts, what loadouts are you guys running? My main loadout (arc, tball, vblast, ecute, eg, cb) doesn't really do well in the smaller content as there aren't as many adds to really shine and its pretty power hungry with no troll. So what sort of set up works well here? Also this loadout really struggles in single target damage. I can't use the loadout in the video above as i do not have the eye beam artifact yet, so in the meantime what is the go to single target rotation? Usually end up using arc to apply pi, then ecute and eg then spam tblast until ecute and eg are ready again. But i am very doubtful this is the way to go. Ive experimented with overcharge a bit, a question i had with that is do the dots count to the 3 hits before the explosion? It seems so but can't really tell.

My biggest area of struggle however is the healing side of electric. With celestial i never had issues and could solo heal most things without a problem. Howver with electric i just can't make it work. Right now i'm running Biosurge, Galvanize, BioCap, EG, flux, group trans. Is this just a terrible loadout? What is the go to as far as healing goes? I find it impossible to solo heal with this if there is raid wide damage going out. Is recover worth using in place of something, maybe EG? i've heard its not to great. Also what sort of range does galvanize have? Do i basically need to be within a few feet of someone for them to get the heal? are eburst or arc worth using at all? What is the general strategy as far as electric healing goes? just spam biosurge and hit galavanize when available? With celestial i could stack a few HOTs then had 2-3 4 multi target burst heals i could use and could clip together in emergencies. I just am not finding any good Oh **** moment heals in electric. nothing i can really clip together in emergencies to get multiple people back up. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm not playing anymore, but here are my experiences with elec healing.

Biosurge, Arc, Recover, BioCap, Flux, GT

Arc was Always my main-skill. It's perfect to heal the tank and also the Group. The rest is simply burst healing and BioCap as emergency heal for Groups.

Elec is really different to celestial healing. It's all About reaction based healing since you don't use HoTs at all.

Idk About your sp and modding (left before Augments). Before that I used a classic healing Approach modding and the sp were super powered Focus with mainly sp into power (and then into restoration).
    With that you can simply spam your skills and have a nice power Regeneration based on your powerpool :)

Damn.. i'm really rusty with all that :D
    I hope you get what I'm trying to say
  9. L T Devoted Player

Tilz' Heal load out about is a pretty standard and workable one
    I use Galvanize instead of Biosurge, and sometimes Electrogenesis instead of group transducer or flux. The things you have to understand about Electric healing is that it's still very position dependent, and Biocapacitor still grants a safety net heal for about a minute. I try to make sure that is active even if it means using it when nobody is really hurt... though sometimes I hold off if I'm afraid it will be on cool down when I really want it.

If you're using Arc Lightning, Electrogenesis, or Galvanize you need to be in the right place and that right place is different for each of those abilities.

With Electrogenesis you get a healing aura and so does your nearest group mate. Depending on where you position yourself and where your group mate positions themself, you could get either a lot or very little out of that move. It helps if you use it right next to the tank, and then move away towards whoever else is taking damage. It also helps if your team mates are clustered together.

With Arc Lightning the damage or heal is going to jump to a nearby target so it helps to position yourself so that the lightning has a path though you to any group members far away from your target. Again it helps when teammates are close together. Pets count with Arc.

Finally Galvanize does extra heals as it works it's way away from you so you want to be away from the most injured group members ideally. In practice you generally can't move in time so I generally use it to clip Arc when the group takes a burst of damage.

The Earth 3 and Deluge raids seemed much friendlier to Electric healing than the Titans and Atlantis ones.
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I hate to say it but if you are serious about DPS, you can try Heat Vision with the Solar Amplifier artifact and remove one of your DoTs. I have a friend using it to good results. When you get the artifact up high enough, it does a burst that adds burning DoT to multiple targets, so it will replace one of your DoT. In fact, in alerts, you may not need to spam a bunch of powers using HV. This is of course if you wish to use a non-Electric power.

I don't care what people say, Arc Lightning is still my go-to. for healing For most hallway adds, I just do weapon combo into Arc Lightning. To feel more competent with Electric Healing, you may want to add the Orb of Arion artifact so your Bio-Electric Surge will act like the fractured burst heal from Consume Souls. I also rely on healing trinkets like the Death Blossom Seed or Blossoming Spore to give a bit of free HoT.

I agree with LT that Electricty is not overly friendly when you have a solo tank taking a lot of damage in the Atlantis raids. Best thing would probably be to alternate Arc Lighting and Bio-Electric Surge for your tank. Electrogenesis in the right content can be pretty amazing but I generally use it for alerts as there is rarely a Controller and it's cheap power cost. E-gen along with Galvanize are all about your positioning. I always keep Bio Capacitor at the ready for the OMG moments when people are out of range of Galvanize (the Vandal Savage fight in JFA is one example of this).
  11. KiteManHellYea New Player

Thanks for the advice. One question i still have is about the range on galvanize. How far out do the heals reach? Do teammates need to be within a small distance of me to get the heal? Or will it reach across a boss room to someone?
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It will not reach across the room unless there are players and NPC between you that need healingl
  13. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

How's electric doing in the new contents? I haven't played since deluge
  14. L T Devoted Player

DPS wise Electric is very valuable in the Atlantis content, since several fights have a ton of adds. Don't do crown without at least one electric DPS and it sure helps to have one in the last fight of Throne too.

Heal wise Electric is strong but not OP.
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It's funny, I literally never had a problem with any content healing as elec, I find celestial to much harder. I used Priority, Galvanize, Bio-cap, E-gen, Flux, Transducer in any and all content, worked great. I also used hybrid spec and demon fang for a much greater power return per attack than anything that superpowered can give you. With eye of gemini elec healing is OP to the point of being dull to play. (the dps side makes for a good sleep-aid too)
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have a friend who blows other people away, but he's also using HV with a fully maxed Solar Amplifier.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Celestial can also keep your controller busy too. ;)
  18. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Electricity is great in Atlantis, was great in Titans as well. If the standard of throwing tons of adds at us to up the "difficulty" continues Electricity will be great in the next DLC as well. Electricity is great for adds it's solid in boss fights.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Made a few sorely needed updates that may need re-worked since I barely had anything about artifacts. The change to Group Transducer is huge. I'm hoping we can get Invigorate moved to a 50% SC since we don't have one for healing anymore.
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

The upcoming artifacts are a mixed bag for Electric.

The tank artifact, symbol of the seven, might have some benefits in elite content where survival is critical, but in most cases there are better choices.

I didn't find the philosopher stone, a supply drop artifact, to be all that useful. It increases the radius of your supply buff and trades the power back for up to 8 seconds of unlimited casting. If you run with the orb artifact you get to spam that for 8 seconds after your supply drop, and combined with the trident you can decrease your supply drop cool down by about a minute. It's slightly better if you play super powered than if you play hybrid. Finally, you don't need to pay the 7 mark maintenance to get the power buff with this artifact equipped. Not totally useless, but I think there's better options.

I couldn't find any use for the troll artifact as Electric.

The grimorium verum is the DPS artifact and it's really interesting. Almost everyone runs with Arc Lightning to set their PI and most use Voltaic Blast for burst damage. With the artifact, a pet appears and starts applying Polarized to enemies about 1-2 seconds after you start combat, so you can use eBomb in your rotation for extra burst damage. The pet targets the last enemy damaged so it tends to apply the PI to multiple enemies even at level 120. I found that in long fights my DPS was about the same but running with eBomb turned out to be a win in short to medium fights.
    • Like x 1