Just got back to the game!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hello everyone. After a 14-month break from playing this game (spent most of my time on another MMO instead), I've re-installed the game this weekend and it's refreshing. Having played a couple of other big name MMOs, it has widened my perspective and lead me to appreciate some things about DCUO. That said, since I didn't have too much to do this weekend I played DCUO pretty extensively and wanted to share my experience.

PROS:

- I'm not sure how popular this opinion is, but I enjoy the combat. It feels more like skill plays a factor, rather than your combat rating. I've seen superpowered focused, weapon focused, and hybrid focused players all do well on the leaderboards and with each power. For those who aren't aware, electricity and nature used to be very bad with little hopes of even doing half as well as your teammates. The combo powers also struggled. And yes even though there does seem to be a common pattern for DPS builds, there is still significantly more build variety than there was. The balance is substantially better than in some other games now. Also, I have always loved the combat so that's one reason I'm glad to be back.

- Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to play the DLC I have been demanding since 2013-2014, the Titans episode, but I have been playing some of the Atlantis one and it's refreshing. The art team definitely did their thing on the open world and I appreciate the swimming they added. I've been asking for an Atlantis DLC since 2015 so I'm glad it has been added. I do wish that Atlantis was a little larger though. Anyways, the content seems to be higher quality than it was for most of 2016 and 2017.

- The population seems healthy from what I can tell. Not thriving but no substantial decline either from what I'm seeing.

- I like the way the DLC is sort of turned into events for f2p players.

- I like the Warp Menu a lot.

- New marketplace additions. Really glad about this. Movement mode styles look great. I do wish there was a little more though.

CONS:

- The cash cap is still there. Given the current format of how DLCs are released (I hear it's 3-5 months), subscription just seems a little unfair if you're burnt out so I understand why people would rather just buy the DLC. However, not subscribing leaves you with a severe cash cap, which I haven't seen in other games.

- PvP. I understand this isn't a priority and I have sort of given up on trying to enjoy PvP not only in this MMO but for basically all of them. I'll just rely on other console games (Injustice, Jump Force, etc) for that. This hit me hardest because the PvP used to be thriving in this game and at one point (like 2012-2015) I would log on solely to play PvP.

- It would be nice if heroes and villains could communicate with each other without needing versus chat or some custom chat.
    • Like x 7
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Welcome back! Hope you stay awhile.

Also, the Titans episode is awesome - make sure to find some time to play it. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks!

I've been hearing that it's good and that's what's pissing me off. I'm just so excited to play it. I know I need to work on my patience but I've been wanting to play true Titans DLC since 2013.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hated the Titans episode but I can assure you I’m very much in the minority, I think you’ll like it. :)
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Mind telling me why you hated it?
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

welcome back by the way
    • Like x 7
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

A lot of reasons, the main ones being the ridiculously low amount of solo content, and the fact that their NPC fans are absolutely beyond insufferable. Every thing else I hate is spoilers ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

To sum it up:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Did you even read my reply?!
  10. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Read many of them, hence the gif.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What about the one in this actual thread?
  12. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Yes, read that as well but I'm not sure what you mean by it. The amount of solo content is pretty much the same as in any of the other DLCs. And for the statement about the NPCs being insufferable, I actually found it funny that they were taking exaggerated complaints from players and used them as one-liners in-game.
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not even close. Two dailies, and one weekly where the objective is to do half of the dailies. Lame. And those fans were just simpering irritants to me.
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thanks!

Though I don't understand the gif. Were you throwing shade at me lol? I just wanted to give my opinion.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Sorry I'm bad with jokes lol. Are you saying the DLC is hard to understand?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

No, rest assured definitely wasn't throwing shade at you :)
    • Like x 3
  17. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

basically they're clowning 900 not you. Although I agree with 900 the solos for that episode where kinda boring, especially the daily where you become a slow robot that has to kill 10 robots who're spread out quite nicely
    • Like x 3
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Nice to see you back
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

LOL!
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gotta say I agree on the annoyance factor in this DLC. Very long cutscenes all over the place, completely annoying chatter from the NPCs both on Titan's island (what are all the TT fans stoners or complete idiots?) and Terra in, well anything. I generally don't mute the game, but do so in the TT duo almost every time. And then there is the....."HE SAID....HE SAID!!" nonsense. The dailies were ok, but yeah...limited, but at least you could burn through them (minus the Mech Suit) as many were on top of each other or the missions overlapped. I guess if you are a big Titans fan, you might overlook the annoyance factor though. Personally I didn't really care about the Titans that much before...or after....the DLC.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1