DCUO Announces New Episode: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

CONFRONT EXTRAPLANAR FEAR IN JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK THIS MARCH

DC Universe Online's next major content release unleashes an invasion of universe-devouring magic in Gotham City. The new episode, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, will launch March 28, 2019.

[IMG]DC Comics' Justice League Dark Vol 1. #6, 2012

NEW EPISODE: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

In JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, a giant rift has opened in the sky above Gotham City. A massive, tentacled Daemon is tearing through from another plane as the helpless citizens of Gotham confront the insignificance of their pitiful human existences. Ancient magic is at work, revealing truths perhaps beyond human understanding, truths that threaten madness in the face of the infinite unknown.

But Earth is not without defenses against such dread, fright, and terror. Experts in the occult recognize the magical origins of this new chaos, and must now work together and with players to discover the secrets that might turn back this invasion, at least for a time.

SJ'S TAKE: "In the realm of Magic, there is Chaos and there is Order - and somewhere in between lies John Constantine. And when the sky splits open and murderous magic breaks through, there's only one group you call - the Justice League Dark!" - SJ Mueller, DC Universe Online Creative Director

LEAH'S TAKE: "Constantine has been a fan favorite here in the studio for some time, and with the way everyone responded to him in the Artifacts mission, we knew his time would come. That time is now. We're starting 2019 off in the realm of nightmares and mysteries. We need the Justice League Dark!" - Leah Bowers, DC Universe Online Executive Producer

THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK:
    • Justice League Dark will be a large-scale episode, with level-agnostic event versions of content available to all players for a limited time.
    • The episode will feature new and returning heroes and villains, including Zatanna, John Constantine, Mordru, Doctor Fate, Felix Faust, and Shazam.
    • The storyline will include a variety of singleplayer and multiplayer adventures set in several magical and otherworldly locales, including the House of Mystery.
    • The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, artifacts, base items, and feats.
    EPISODE 34: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK will launch March 28, 2019, on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Questions or comments? Join the discussion!
    • Like x 33
  2. AberrantAngel Committed Player

3. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

When will it be on test?
  4. Eve YouTuber

Will we get a livestream to see the stuff? Also, Can't wait! So happy we get Justice League Dark.
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  6. not_again Dedicated Player

While I am glad new content has been announced, a March 28th release date is 4.5 months between this launch and Atlantis. Are we to expect this type of gap between content going forward?
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The episode will hit test with a livestream in March as well.
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Dates are always moving some. Holidays complicate things. ...exactly like last year.
    • Like x 5
  9. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Finally a Legion character in the game. Whoo Hoo
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

There usually is a DLC in late March, Early April, August I believe and November. I kind of like this slow down as it allows me to grind up alts.
    • Like x 6
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Not the story I expected; seems to have a Cthulhu vibe going on.

And interesting that Mordru is a featured new character. They had hinted over a year ago that a Legion of Super-heroes episode would feature a Mordru story. Looks like this may be a set up for that like they did with introducing Corum Rath in Deluge and then using him again in Atlantis.
    • Like x 2
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Have those three characters receive an update too?
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Spoiler: yes.
    • Like x 13
  14. Eve YouTuber

*Faints* yes!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  16. seeg88 New Player

YUS!!!!!!
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I would just like to say..............

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now while I do the happy dance of joy I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Daybreak for giving me such a nice Birthday present a day early... (just in case anyone can't figure that one out My birthday is MarcH 29th LOL)

SKYY? are you there? We were right all those clues did mean a Justice League DARK DLC was coming. :p
    • Like x 2
  18. Eve YouTuber

We're a professionals DCUO Detectives ! ;)
    And early Happy Birthday :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

o_O notice how raven least that's who i think that is, is on the background are we about to bring back trigon? :confused:
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I know omg they are killing me lol omg omg ^-^.
    • Like x 1