Players quitting Duos because of EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alrighty Then, Jan 29, 2019.

1. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

People would rather be top dps than complete content quicker? This community is backwards...
    • Like x 3
  2. Enferno New Player

If the damage is "SMALL" that it gives everyone else, then it shouldn't matter at the end. I.E. If you're millions of damage higher than everyone, that small amount isn't going to matter.

Just saying if this causes YOU not to be in the TOP spot, then perhaps you aren't as good as you think you are?

If idiots are quitting because of this, then I suggest they should just delete their entire account and uninstall the game. I mean seriously, something that actually HELPS heal the entire group should be more than welcomed. I could careless what spot I am on the list as long as the content gets done.

I am a tank btw and I have out damaged dps before and I am quiet sure it's all because of EoG, right? I mean it has to be that and nothing else. So ******* dumb and immature.

Like I said, I've been in groups with the leading person millions of damage ahead and I am quiet sure if everyone popped EoG that it wouldn't have mattered to the rest of us, we had a better chance of getting pregnant than to beat him/her.
  3. E Clip Dedicated Player

I'm not justifying anything, merely pointing out the obvious double standards you are using. If the artifact worked in the hypothetical example I made, you agreed no one would use it. So by the same token, they would become bad players too because they aren't taking advantage of it. And why wouldn't they do that? Because they don't want to credit others on the scoreboard. Isnt that the reason everyone dropped Tetra for EoG in the first place? So how is that different from people jumping out if it? It isn't, and that's the main point: people are selfish in this game and make choices that primarily benefits them as an individual, so lets drop the pretentious crap that this is about helping the team, because it couldn't be further from the truth. People use EoG for selfish reasons, people who jump out of it do it for selfish reasons.

And that's precisely why this artifact will keep producing toxicity regardless of who you think are good or bad players, that's irrelevant. What's relevant is the effect it has on the community and having had bad experiences in the past few weeks during multiple runs, I think it has a net negative rather then a net positive effect. Almost every run I keep reading/hearing the same arguments: I stood in your EoG, you didn't stand in mine, I used trinkets in your EoG, you didn't in mine and so on and so forth. Even if everyone uses this artifact, these kind of arguments will never stop. So for me the logical question is: are we better off with or without this artifact? Are we better off having an artifact that perpetuates selfishness and toxicity or not? If you are honest as you have been by now, you know what the real answer is.
    • Like x 3
  4. August Moon Well-Known Player

quick question . do you use the tetra and the eog?
  5. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

If people want to get some form of recognition for their life.. Oh sorry I mean their DPS in a 7/8 year old video game then go do it the right way, via DPS battles for in-game cash.

Otherwise, work as a team and try to complete the content as efficiently/quickly as possible instead of ignoring objectives, pick-ups etc.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

I use EoG and the precision version of the tetra. I don't understand the tetra argument because they don't stack. Only one can be used per group. Precision players use the prec version because it's not many prec players
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

and you use the neo venom boos as a super charge am i right ?
  8. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

I've been gone a while, is this the new meta?
    • Like x 2
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

No, I don't use venom
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Theres no U in TEAM only ME
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Pretty much LOL
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is the funniest **** I've read in a while.

We have this solved, though. Avair & Batuba are in for my idea to make the next artifact synergize with EOG. It will simply randomize what numbers go to the scorecard if you don't stand in the circle.
    • Like x 26
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

14. Batuba Developer

Wow way to spoil the surprise!
    • Like x 10
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yeah, I know. Also, let's backlog making opening the scorecard cost 10 DBC.
    • Like x 17
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Oops, posted that in the wrong window.
    • Like x 11
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Nobody better touch my Eye of Gemini I love it. If anything, add SC gen back to Damage role.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Can we get more artifacts like this that makes Mepps meme more on the forums.
    • Like x 4
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If you think it is hilarious to read about, trust me Mepps...until you see players run, jump, or roll as hard as they can to get away from you as soon as you pop EoG you have no idea just how funny it really is. A majority of the players in this game have no idea what team work is unless you share a League Tag with them...and I'm not sure some of them even understand the concept. lol. I have actually heard of some players leaving Leagues or getting into huge arguments among themselves over EoG and damage.
    • Like x 6
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

The toxicity come from dps who think the scorecard is the only thing that matter. No matter what they have to be on top of the scorecard. The player who is popping SC isn't the toxic one. The player rolling out of the circle is. And c'mon with the trinket popping argument. I hope that is an exaggeration. Players not that crazy I hope
    • Like x 2