The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

That chestpiece was the R10 reward from HH SM, the Omega symbol is part of the style. You cannot get this reward anymore as that SM is no longer available.
  2. yellowflash9 Well-Known Player

My I ask what is hh sm
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Happiness Home Survival Mode
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, stupid question: What do I have to do to get Requisitions-HA to actually SHOW ME that style set and the Vengeance Style Set? Because he never does. Only shows me 2 paramilitary-inspired sets (Aeronaut and Logistics Officer, If I Remember Correctly) but never the actual superhero-inspired styles! Is it because I don't actually PLAY in PVP at all? :confused:
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Once you complete a PvP set, the next set will open up.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Does that include completing the set via Prom Box?
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

I'm really liking the new Golden Age material! Looks like there's a mini-me next to me too!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Eve YouTuber

Got my hands today on the dark shimmer material!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

You need to increase your PVP cr. To do that you'll need to buy best gear that is currently available to you, and you need to do it for every gear slot including weapon, trinket, both rings and neck.
    My advice: stick to the Legends PVP - same rewards, but the mode itself is way more balanced compared to the arena.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Awesome, thanks for that advice. Now the only question becomes how do I buy the best PVP gear available to me right now when I don't have any Marks of Valor? :confused:

I know that some of the Faction vendors sell PVP gear, so I reckon I'll have to go that route.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Go to any PvP armor vendor and buy the highest item level gear. When you finish that set, the next set will open up.
  12. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Just do some Legends PVP (you don't need any gear for that mode, in fact if you're gonna do it without gear at all, you would not have to repair it afterwards) and go straight for the 97 pvp item level gear (I think that's the best one you can see right now) unless you want styles from gear with lower item level or associated feats.
  13. Ekart Committed Player

To see the next tier of gear you need to buy everything from the tier you're seeing:
    • whole style set
    • weapon
    • mask
    • both rings
    • neklace
    • trinket
    • Like x 2
  14. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

• Like x 5
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, after being inspired by cover art for an upcoming issue of The Green Lantern...

[IMG]

...I started wondering why we did not yet have a Style Set based on Adam Strange, and I decided to see what could be created with existing styles in the game.

After playing around for awhile with all the styles I have available via Style Unlocking, I came up with essentially a mash-up of the different versions of his costume, that works as a somewhat more modern take on his outfit:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And I'm spent!
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Finally obtained the Herald of the Black Head Style for my recreation of the Adrian Chase Vigilante, but only after obtaining it did I discover that there's a big problem with it: When paired up with the correct, comic accurate goggles, it clips through them very noticeably, something that no other slimline head style has done!

[IMG]

So, I had to revert back to the less accurate standard Goggles that are available at Character Creation and in your HQ:

[IMG]

So, here's a side-by-side comparison wherein the lack of the accurate goggles sticks out, but what can ya do? :confused:

[IMG]

Oh, and here's a pro tip: To black out your character's skin without that stupid blue sheen your normally get, use the GLOWING Skin. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it works, just like setting the glowing areas of a style piece to black when you don't want to see the glow. ;)
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Did you try with missonary of hope head style ? :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Did you try the V-Cowl and Huntress Face Mask Style from the tier 5 briefings?

[IMG]

(Please excuse the inaccuracy of this costume, it was just something I threw together quickly! lol.)
    The Helmet and Face Mask Style should probably look better with this configuration instead of the one your currently using.
  20. Eve YouTuber

Current saved styles on my main. My builds Left to right: PvP, Tank, DPS and Main look. Styling is absolutely no doubt so much fun in DCUO, so many options!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2