Xbox One Elite and Standard controller don't work.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by M1SF1T, Jan 11, 2019.

1. M1SF1T New Player

I don't understand why my Xbox Elite controller and brand new standard Xbox controller are not being recognized by this game. The launcher seems to see my controller but once I load up the game my controllers do absolutely nothing. I've recently reinstalled the game because the launcher wasn't working. The launcher was still not working so I searched online and someone suggested editing the compatibility settings of the launcher.exe to run as administrator which got the launcher working. But now I have this issue where the controller is not being recognized. Both of my Xbox controllers work fine in every other game, Steam or not. The controller settings within the launcher say the controller is already configured. Although I am wondering if there is supposed to be a way to test the button functionality within the launcher. Is that what the crude image of a controller with a small white square representing each button is for? If so, the little white squares do not light up or change color whenever I press a button. Is that normal? What am I missing here? Why isn't this working for me when everybody keeps mentioning that Xbox controller support should be plug and play. Well it's not working for me and I have no idea why. I would really appreciate some assistance with figuring this out so I can play the way I want to. Thank you.

I'm on Windows 10 OS running the latest version of Steam and my controller's driver is up to date and so is the firmware as far as I know. I'm running the controller wired, not wireless with a verified working USB cable in a verified working USB port. The controllers are recognized in Windows 10 just fine as I can play other games with no issues with both controllers. The controllers not working with DCUO does not make any sense to me. What could I possibly be doing wrong?
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

there is a controller configuration software most players here use. Be patient: There is a way and coming to the forums was your best choice.

The settings in the launchpad have been broken for a very long time now - I wouldn't trust anything that thing says.
  3. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Have you checked the settings while in game? I recall there being an option to enable/disable controllers.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All controllers should be plug and play. I use xb1 standard myself. Start with checking your in game settings.
    • Like x 2
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

try:
    1 - validate game assets on game launcher settings
    2 - plug controller in before launching the launcher, launch game
    3 - if does not work, exit game, unplug controller, launch game, plug in when the game is loaded up (character select screen)
    4 - if still does not work, submit a support ticket:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mepps is right though. This is supposed to be plug n play. It's been plug n play since the game came out. It's Native to XBox controllers, wired or wireless.
    • Like x 1