Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Happy 8th Anniversary!

It seems like just yesterday that we were ushering in 2018, and here we are already saying so long to another great year. We survived the threat from Deluge, stood by Superman as he gave the ultimate sacrifice, joined a new team with the Teen Titans, and swam deep beneath the sea to the Kingdom of Atlantis. 2019 promises new adventures, iconic moments, spectacles, and surprises, but for now it is time to celebrate.

The Attack of the Anti-Monitor anniversary event is here through January 31, 2019, with new rewards including the new Clown Prince style inspired by our very own Future Joker. And today, being January 11th, we have gifts to help kick this year's celebration into high gear. Thank you for sharing your 2018 with us here in DC Universe Online!

ALL-PLAYER GIFTS

Everyone, log in to celebrate the DCUO 8th Anniversary and receive your FREE CR210 Character Advance. Get caught up on your main character, boost up an alt, or start a whole new adventure - it's up to you! This character advance comes with the new House of El 2019 gear suit, an Artifact Starter Pack, an Exobyte Cache to get your Augments up to date, Episode 30: Earth 3, about 85 skill points, and a grab bag of consumables.

Plus, want the House of El 2019 style on your other characters? Pick it up through through Style Unlocking directly in the Style Menu after you have equipped it on any character.

[IMG]

To claim your free CR210 Character Advance, you must log in between now and January 31, 2019. Once you have logged in, you may use the advance right away or save it for a later time. One per account. Additional CR210 Character Advances may be purchased at Character Creation or Character Select.

MEMBER GIFTS

Members get more. Starting today, Members can log in and claim a special Member Appreciation Gift box. Inside you will find the Member Gift Artifact Cache, which lets you choose any one of our fourteen artifacts, a ton of Nth Metal, Marks of Victory, and the all-new BRAINIAC LAIR THEME!

The Brainiac Lair Theme features the same updated layout and large room found in the Atlantean Lair, new visuals for Amenities, Armories, and Back-Up/Henchmen, and the sweet, sweet ambience of a Brainiac Harvester Ship.

[IMG]

To claim your free Member Appreciation Gift, you must be a member and then log in between now and January 31, 2019. Players can upgrade to membership and log in to receive the Member Appreciation Gift. One per account.

OPEN EPISODES

And that's not all! Also starting today, open episodes are back! All players can play through Episode 32 (with increased loot lockout times) now through January 31, 2019. Log in, rank up, and get a taste of what you have been missing.

Open Episodes will run through January 31, 2019. Excludes Atlantis.

NOTE: To use the CR210 advance, you need to log a character all the way into the game, then log back out to Character Select or Character Create to use the boost.
    • Like x 30
  2. Eve YouTuber

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the gifts!
    • Like x 3
  3. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

Epic Anniversary Gifts Daybreak, great job :D
    • Like x 5
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

SUPERGREAT!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Really impressed with the gifts this year. Thanks DCUO team!
    • Like x 7
  6. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, Thank you so much for the gifts and Happy Anniversary
    • Like x 2
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

WOW just AMAZING!!! What a FANTASATIC way to start 2019
    • Like x 3
  9. Abel Well-Known Player

First of all thanks for the gifts!!! I have been playing since the beginning and in my opinion this years anniversary gifts are the best, not only in quantity but in quality as well. The Lair Theme was a great surprise.

Secondly I also like that the gifts are tiered so that everyone gets something and if you are Legendary you get even more.

Happy Anniversary everybody and...... may the loot be with you!
    • Like x 3
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Thrilled with the gifts. Can you increase the allowable bases to 5?
    I redeemed the Brainiac Lair Theme on a character whom I do not wish to change the existing bases.
    • Like x 1
  11. Belthazur Dedicated Player

my ONLY Gripe is Still NO LPve feats given...:(

Still an AMAZING Gift all in all
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Wait.. so the Brainiac Lair is character bound and not account bound like the others?
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The lair is account bound, so you can move it/claim it on any one character on your account.
    • Like x 7
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can we please go back to the posters and emblem slash or style gear that is claimable on all characters? And save the huge things like Lairs for the Marketplace?
    • Like x 1
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Any chance of ever getting a 5th base per character?
    I'll buy the deeds.
    • Like x 2
  16. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

By far, this is the best set of anniversary gifts to date. Much appreciated! :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Wow :cool:TY
    in the words of Frosty the Snowman......... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DCUO! !
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

They usually put most of those gifts in the Marketplace later on (redeemable for all characters). I don't think they spent time creating this theme just for a members gift, amirite Mepps?

Gives me hopes for Fortreess of Solitude theme. :rolleyes:
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

Now THIS is an anniversary gift!!! Kudos!
    • Like x 1
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank you for everything.

Only two gripes:

1.) I could not boost an alt to 210CR. I had to create a new character to check it out. This is probably a bug and should be checked out.

2.) I wasn't aware the Brainiac Theme Base was only for one character as that has never been the case and I absorbed it on a character I don't wish to use the Theme for so that is a shame.

Other than that, amazing gifts (especially the 56k Nth Metal).
    • Like x 1