Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaladin Well-Known Player

I literally just upgraded to annual last month, and now you give this offer right at christmas time? Been playing since year 1 and spent so much on this already... dont have 200 to just drop at this time of year. I think long time members should get some kind of consideration here, or at least anyone who upgraded to annual like me recently not expecting anything like this to pop up.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

if you are interested in lifetime, you could ask daybreak games support if they are interested in converting the other 11 months into DBC.

But other than that getting anything is unlikely.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you grab the lifetime, this happens automatically.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Is it possible that more participating games will be added under the lifetime pass, should DB publish a new game?
  5. sharpy36 Active Player

Is this still the plan?
  6. cromemagnum New Player

Ok I'm sorry but I have to get this off my chest I've been playing this game since it came out for ps3 I just want to know why can't the ps4 players get the lifetime memberships this is the second time they made it available an both times it only available for pc I would love to hear the lam excuse there going to get
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Possible, yes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is still the plan. It should go out in the next hour or so.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I wish some of the people here would Understand that the Lifetime Membership Deal Isn't for DCUO only, and it's not just for DCUO enthusiasts either.

It's meant for Daybreak Enthusiasts, that's why the cost is so high at around 299 or 300 bucks for this offer.

Sure it's not worth it by DCUO, but it's not meant for DCUO Only. It's meant for you to also go check out the other Daybreak Titles that exist like EQ, EQ II, Planetside, and so on.

Carry on with the concerns and frustrations, but please... I'm so tired of reading "why would I pay $300 for DCUO?" You're not just paying for DCUO here, you're paying for nearly unlimited access to all other forms of Daybreak's other gaming content out there.

Felt it needed to be said.
    • Like x 1
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

600,000$
    Boi, that is a lot of money. Almost enough to do something crazy and unexpected like, Idk, PvP revamp?

I know I know, crazy talk, I'll crawl back to my hole.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Lifetime DCUO players should now be able to purchase the 12 month + bonus now. Please let us know if you see any further issues.
  13. sharpy36 Active Player

It's working. I got my items, just need to wait for my 12 months to be converted to DBC later. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  14. Akumakazama Level 30

I still just see the normal prices for things. The only discount is for being a member.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What do you see as the price for 350 replays right now?
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

17. Hraesvelg Always Right

If you can, please let us know exactly how much you got from that.
  18. sharpy36 Active Player

I'll let you know once I get it.
    • Like x 1
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Where are you getting $600,000 from? If you are referring to the amount from lifetime membership, that's $300 per membership times 4,000 available lifetime memberships, so that's actually $1,200,000. That would be split at least 4 ways (between the 4 games covered by PC all access), so that's down to $300,000. Though the money may be split between other Daybreak games as well. It's possible that some of that will go to ofset some of the development of the recently announced game (even though it doesn't use the all access pass), or even be used as funds towards the development of another game.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

After realizing I'd get $90 or $100 back in Daybreak Cash if I bought the Lifetime, which is the amount I was going to put into more replay badges during this sale anyway, which effectively makes the cost $199 to me, and since I'm paying $119 yearly, that means that after October of 2020, my Lifetime membership will only cost $70 more than I would spend anyway.

So I bought the fricking Lifetime Membership anyway. Because I'm a sucker. A whale sucker.

All I can say is that I'll be extremely pissed off at Daybreak Games if DCUO shuts down before 2022. Not that I want it to shut down then, of course, but at least thereafter I'll have more or less gotten my money's worth.

This also means I'm going to be eating a lot of ramen noodles and peanut butter this next month.

I thought about taking the bonus deal instead, but I'm actually not all that excited by these particular materials and the movement style. They're nice enough, but not personally for me worth that much hard $ for them.

Naturally, though, I do think it would be nice if they could eventually go on the quarks vendor.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.