Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke© Well-Known Player

Do you even get the 500DBC granted as life-time-member?
    Also, pretty cool that you make discounts for DBC again... for every1 but PC. :) *irony off*
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It is not.
    I do not agree how they added exclusive items to the membership packs to greatly encourage a purchase. They could have released them seperately Im sure, but the alternative was chosen. It really screws over the old lifetime vets of the game who cant buy membership packs in order to get the style items. I had to do a double take when it was earlier suggested for ppl to FIRST buy the $200 year membership to get the styles items AND then fork up another $300 to get the lifetime, to get everything. To me that seemed quite greedy to be honest, to expect ppl to buy TWO membership packs. That would net about $500 dollars when you would only need to spend about $310-$320 for the items you only REALLY want.
    • Like x 3
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

More like 3 years...but yeah...that's my concern too.

Reinheld
  4. 01 Cantore Level 30

I buy Lifetime All Access Membership also expecting to receive the materials but if it is not ... I can buy the 12 Months Membership + Bonus .. and I will resivire everything the same 1x Red Obsidian Material
    1x Diamond Material
    1x White Lighstream Movement Style
    350 Replay Badges
    40 Stabilizers
    2x Artifact Cache
    2x Perfected Nth Metal
    32x Catalyst Cache
    ..and I will have my Lifetime All Access Membership .. ???
  5. 01 Cantore Level 30

I buy Lifetime All Access Membership also expecting to receive the materials but if it is not ... I can buy the 12 Months Membership + Bonus .. and I will resivire everything the same 1x Red Obsidian Material
    1x Diamond Material
    1x White Lighstream Movement Style
    350 Replay Badges
    40 Stabilizers
    2x Artifact Cache
    2x Perfected Nth Metal
    32x Catalyst Cache
    ..and I will have my Lifetime All Access Membership .. ???
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, you do.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have any plans right now to offer these items elsewhere.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I pay $119.99 per year for my membership, and currently I don't need to pay for another year until next October.

If I bought the $199 yearly membership, I'd be paying $70 MORE per year. Which is obviously not an attractive offer.

If I buy the $299 lifetime membership, I'd have to be clear that the game would still be around for another couple of years AFTER the next three or so years, AND that I'll still be interested in playing with great frequency after I've been playing the game for six or so years up to now, plus another five years or so. I'd have to assume I'll just never get bored.

Those aren't issues I'm inclined to gamble $300 on.

If I could know for a fact that the game would still be ongoing with new content in four or five years, I'd likely do it.

But nobody can give such a guarantee and, frankly, the odds are against it, though it's certainly possible the game will still be going strong in five years and I'll still want to play it several times a week.

If a lifetime membership had been offered three or four years ago, I'd have been a sure buyer.

But it's too late now. Not without an impossible guarantee that can't be given.

:(
    • Like x 2
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

That is...very disappointing. I hope those plans are revisited at some point.
    • Like x 1
  10. Killara EQ2 and DC player New Player

It seems all platforms (PC/PS/Xbox) all are offered Lifetime memberships.

Its just the way that the 'SPECIAL OFFERS' are done per the platforms.

I was considering buying 3 lifetime memberships (3 different people play), until I read the fine print. Yes that would have been 900.00 USD. But to get the extras its another 200.00 per account. That is now up too, about 1,700.00 for my family who does ALL ACCESS. Not worth it for me. Will stay one the normal Yearly All Access here in this family. Unless hubby wins the lottery.
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Can I put my foot to the gas now? Lol :p
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

yup just got lifetime...worth it. was spending 14.99 a month. So 179.88 a year, that's less then 2 years worth of monthly payments
    • Like x 1
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yay, finally got a lifetime subscription! So thankful for this opportunity! ^^
    • Like x 4
  15. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Realistically, & understandably, they are never going to admit that these items may be available by different means while the current promotion is on. I wouldn't read too much into the response.

They seem like ideal candidates for the Quark vendor to me, the only barrier being that people who bought membership deals to get them might have a moan. I think they can get around that by saying that people like yourself didn't choose not to buy them when they were available, you were prohibited.

I'm PS (so not lifetime obviously), but my membership dates back to times when if you got Legendary when there was a deal, the deal was recurring until such times as your membership lapsed. Therefore any membership deals currently are unappealing to me, as they're not recurring.
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

^ still can't buy until answered
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's why my response was measured and phrased like it was. I'm not going to get histrionic about it. If other people do, well...sometimes it's a little fun to watch the chaos.
    • Like x 2
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Pitty those materials are only one time use wich i just found out :/ Hope this get fixed chause when we pay This much for a style it is strange if we can only have it on one character..
  19. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Would you mind explaining this in detail, how much is 1/3/6/12 months of unused time in DB cash?
    • Like x 1
  20. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

It seems like DCUO wants to sell these pricey bundles yet for some reason the exclusive mats aren't redeemable?
    This is a cash grab, at least make some compromises and allow those mats and movement trail to be redeemable.
    Some people are going spend alot of money for this when they could have spent it on a new console, not to mention the future of the game is unclear. Pretty sure more people would at least consider spending money on this if changes were made.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.