Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xibo Loyal Player

I'll buy the Lifetime membership tomorrow and let's see what happens.
  2. sharpy36 Active Player

Are there going to be ANY extravaganza deals lifetime members will be able to buy, or only the the winter sale? Could it be possible to buy the 12 month membership + bonus and have those 12 months converted to DBC? As it is now we don't have the option for ANY of the extravaganza deals. The winter sale is great, but can there be SOMETHING we can spend money on as part of the extravaganza?
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And it brings up another question. Who wants to pay $300 for a lifetime of glitches in this game?
    • Like x 3
  4. Coelha Well-Known Player

This is actually scary lol... DCUO steam average population is on it's lowest ever (426.8 now vs 438.9 during RWC) and DBG fired 70 guys... Looks like my vacation from the game continues and will be infinity this time, which is sad.

And... $300 bucks is absurd for a game that has no plans for the future (At least nothing you told us), not convincing..
    • Like x 1
  5. Isif Committed Player

Purchased some Heavy Duty tinfoil for this one. Oh the possibilities...
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

With the recent past history and the age of the game alone....I decided to get the 12 month sub+bonus box and left it at that. It would have been a no brainer instant buy back then for the lifetime sub, but times have changed. I honestly didnt care for the exclusive style items in the various limited deals, but whatev. Again, got the year sub deal and some discount replays. All in all, not a bad sale...just a bit surprising.
  7. Hurtyman Active Player

Could someone explain to me HOW to buy the lifetime membership? I went to the membership page, but all I got was was the spinning do-nothing icon. I am trying to put money in your pockets, throw me a friggin' bone here
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

I understood in this way. For example...

How much memberships did you pay in 1 year? Let's take 7 months, so these 7 months of membership would be converted in DB Cash.

So, if 1 month costs 10 USD, so you'd receive 70 USD of DB Cash, because 7 months costs 70 USD. But i can be wrong.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The fact the life time membership is PC only is slightly alarming, it's almost like they don't anticipate the game lasting long enough for it to be worth it on console.

Although I think I just borrowed Shark Dentals tinfoil hat. No doom when gloom here, enjoy your extravaganza!
    • Like x 3
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The playstation wallet probably won't let you keep that much money in it for the lifetime membership.
    • Like x 1
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I might be ok with it if they had a year subscription at a discount without all that extra stuff added .
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

But haven't lifetime subscriptions always been a PC exclusive thing? Considering PC and PS share the same platform, by your logic PS players should be offered the same deal as PC was.
    • Like x 2
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Does this help?
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/allaccess

Scroll down until you see All Access button.....Click that and you should get a prompt to sign into your account.
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The bonus box does include:
    -350x replays badges = 1000 MC
    -40x Stabilizer keys = 2500 MC
    -1x Red Obsidian Material = (300-1000 MC)
    -1x White Diamond Material = (300-1000 MC)
    -1x White Lightstream Movement style = 1000 MC
    -2x Perfected Exp Caches (75k exp ea.) = 2000 MC (1000 ea.)
    -2x Artifact Cache = ???
    -32x Catalyst Cache= ???
    Total _________________________________________________________________________________
    7100-8500 MC Value = $71-$85 USD
    -12 Month All- Access Membership Reg Price = $119.88 USD
    Final Total____________________________________________________________________________
    $190.88-$204.88 USD (Not counting unknown values of last two caches listed)
    Actual Cost = $199.99 USD

All in all, not a bad deal. Even considering that I didnt add the unknown value of the Artifact Caches and
    the Catalyst Caches, I feel the deal carries its value well.
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's about time that you guys did some cross promotions with your other games and especially Dungeons & Dragons Online & Lord of the Rings Online. I'm not sure how many players around here knew that Daybreak was the new publisher for these games but now they do. :)

Thank you for bringing back the lifetime membership since a lot of players have been asking for this for what seems like forever. TBH, I was surprised by the $ 299.00 price tag but considering that it is a lifetime membership. It's a good deal for me and It also tells me a couple things.

1. It tells me that DCUO is not going to shut down any time soon.
    2. DCUO has plans for at least two-three more years if not more.

Me personally,
    I think it's a good deal considering I pay month to month. Since I pay month to month and pay an extra fee for each monthly transaction. I would start saving money after the 19 month mark. :)

If I had some time to save for it I would buy it but unfortunately my Christmas funds are already depleted.

I would think that since you guys have a lot of a la carte items within DCUO that you guys might consider making the $299.00 lifetime ALL Access a permanent addition and not just for 4000 units. Making it permanent might bring in more sales then you guys think.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's capped at $150 so you're probably right.

Edit: apparently it went up to $200 at some point
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Buying a lifetime membership for a seven year old game from a company showing signs of financial distress without so much as a hint of a guarantee of future content or service longevity isn’t my definition of a sound investment.
    • Like x 4
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DCUO offering this lifetime membership should tell you that they have plans for the future. I'm thinking at least two or three years. And, TBH, if you feel that DCUO is shady enough that they would attempt to sell lifetime memberships and then shut the doors. Then maybe this is not the game for you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Bear in mind that the new PlanetSide will begins at 29/01.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You also need to cut the hyperbole.

If you would have been paying attention to what has been going on. You would know that they (Daybreak) brought in a new investor with controlling interest a couple months ago. Furthermore, if you new anything about business mergers and or bringing in investing companies. You would already know that certain things ( Lay offs) were going to happen. Were they bad timing? Yes but it's life and these things happen all the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.