Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BƖack Dedicated Player

This membership subscription is recurring and will be renewed as the basic 12 Months subscription after the initial year.
    The 12 Months All Access Membership + Bonus is available on PC for $199.99 USD, now through December 31, 2018. Get it here!

DCUO Winter Sale
    Last but not least, most items in the in-game marketplace are up to 75% off. Learn more!
    The DCUO Winter Sale is available in the PC in-game marketplace, now through December 31, 2018.
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

This works like in mobile!
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

So, let's say we've been lifetime members, how do we get our hands on those sweet, sweet materials?
    • Like x 2
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

in one of the future Time Capsules, in different colours of course.
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Maybe I should switch to PC!
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Hmm... I like the price point from the first lifetime offer, can't beat $199 USD. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

The scary time has finally approached us aye.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

^^
    • Like x 2
  9. sharpy36 Active Player

As a lifetime member it looks like none of those sales and material are available to us. The marketplace sales are great, but it would be great if we weren't left out of the big sales with bonus items. We can't even buy the bonus items independently. A deal with 15,000 DBC + the bonus materials for PC would really make for a great sale =] That deal can even be exclusive to lifetime members ;)
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Maybe, but we should wait for confirmation either way.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I have to say, I'm disappointed that, as a console member, we're not going to be able to get the lifetime offer, but I guess that's the way it's got to be.

The sucky part is, I'm probably not going to have enough money to even get the annual membership either. :/
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

What's the wallet cap for PSN?
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

15,000 is the limit that Sony will sell an item on the PSN.
    • Like x 1
  14. Midnight Myers686k New Player

I am with this guy some LOYAL members have this life time membership already from back in the day and this excludes them.. SUPPORT LOYAL MEMBERS!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Question regarding this for PC players. I read through the website link and understand the 15,000 marketplace cash offer becomes available on the 21st for both Playstation and Xbox but I didn't see anything under the PC section for that offer.

I'm hoping it's just a misprint and not my assumption that because PS and Xbox can't take advantage of the lifetime membership they instead get an offer with 15,000 station cash as substitute? My only reason for bringing this up is that I already have an active membership and really don't care about the diamond material but I could certainly use the 15,000 for better uses. I also have zero desire nor have I ever played any other of the PC titles like everquest I have been DCUO only since 2011 so I wouldn't have a use for those either.

So for buying the 15,000 MC offer you get the red obsidian mat for free and the station cash to use for what you will but for PC players we get extra memberships we don't need for a year and just the below items and have to pay $50 USD more and get 0 MC cash.
    1x White Lighstream Movement Style
    350 Replay Badges
    40 Stabilizers
    2x Artifact Cache
    2x Perfected Nth Metal
    32x Catalyst Cache
    all which could be bought for cheaper during sales or during the winter event with the 15,000 offer.
    • Like x 4
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I just want the new styles. Of course they locked under crazy pricing.
    • Like x 1
  17. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

So are they excluding current lifetime members from these bonus perks because they aren't in the MP individually?
  18. sharpy36 Active Player

Because there is no way to buy them at all, as of now.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Nothing in the announcement appears to indicate these materials as being exclusive to the packs, only that they're in the packs and you save money buying them as a bonus.

They're not being sold like booster bundle auras, so makes you wonder whether they're going on the marketplace as a seperate purchase at a different price point at some time. I can't imagine the developers will clarify this. It might affect their sale, but perhaps they will.

Also thanks but no thanks on the lifetime membership for me devs, it's probably 2-3 years too late for me, with the game being 8 years old now buying a life time membership for an 8 year old MMO is just a bit too risky, but I'm sure some might appreciate the option at least.
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I should also add that if you are a PC player with an existing lifetime membership you would have no way to get those materials if the 15,000 offer was only valid for PS and Xbox. If it was for PC as well at least existing lifetime members could still get the red obsidian material
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.