Artifacts have turned into the most expensive CHEESE ever

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

The combination of the SOUL CLOAK and EYE OF GEMINI has tanks and healers unstoppable regardless of Cr. Some ppl will hate me for this but it needs to be said. These Supercharge building artifacts combined with white mods basically has players popping supercharges soon as it comes off cool down. SUPERCHEESEY!
    • Like x 7
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Mmmmm.... cheese. Would you like some Wenslydale, Gromit? :D
    • Like x 6
  3. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Whereas I hate artifacts with a passion, I don't think purely having 160 artifacts, whatever they might be automatically makes you OP.

I ran Throne E tonight, finished it for the first time, & the (solo) healer & 1 of the tanks were very, very impressive. I like to think there's a fair amount of skill involved in that, & it's not purely down to artifacts.
  4. Quantum Rising Committed Player

They're waiting for more people to buy the completion items in the Marketplace then they'll nerf the crap out of that and make something else OP and monetize that. :p;)
    • Like x 15
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Laughed out loud.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

The dps are doing it with gemini as well.

Using crap like dash attack and pheremone etc with short cool downs and 25% sc cost so they can just permanently spam out a circle to farm damage off the circle.

I don't think the devs quite anticipated the way the community would cheese it lol.

Whether the devs consider it to be a balance issue is still be seen at this stage they don't seem to care.

One thing is certain though artifacts are causing some serious power creep issues imo.
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea exactly, and people have the audacity to rag on precision......A handful of might powers are ridiculous as well even more than one weapon that does good boss damage
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Don't be surprised if the Artifacts goes up to level 200 in 2019.
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hey!

SHHHHHHHHH! ixnay on athay!

The devs don't need anymore *bright* ideas...:p
  10. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

When’s next double artifact xp weekend?
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1) Cheese is DELICIOUS and makes everything better! Well, except for Swiss and other nasty-tasting cheeses, but I digress... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR TRYING TO GIVE CHEESE A BAD NAME! :p

2) So, that's all very lovely for the Tanks and Healers, but y'all got any o' them Overpowered Artifact Combos for your Friendly Neighborhood Controllers? ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Heywiar Committed Player

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Mepps already confirmed an artifact level increase.
    I absolutely detest these things now.
    • Like x 2
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Here in lies the rub, if they balance it you'll hear screams far and wide from those who spent real world dollars to level up given artifacts balanced (ie nerfed). To be clear I have little to no sympathy for someone who spends money to leverage FOTM gameplay and then cries when a nerf comes. However it is still a revenue stream for the devs to consider.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I don't doubt there would be serious raging but at this point the game has to ask itself does it want credibility and balance or does it just want fleeting pay2win FOTM imbalances. Given the way these artifacts have been leaning one could only say at this stage it's the latter.

But the writing was on the wall the moment artifacts were announced and surely and steadily it has begun to be milked.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

I feel like we went way past the line of credibility and balance when "the events we shall not speak of" ultimately went unpunished and left a whole bunch of players to possibly never have to worry about in-game cash never again. Damned be the rest of us who has to pay to keep up.
    • Like x 2
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Who cares? Sunday, i damage out a 261 Earth in BBS by 2kk with my Gadgets 257 toon but Rage, Electricity and Nature are pretty strong nowdays.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

The amount of regular shouts in LFG of

"LF [role] for [random raid] ELITE Last boss"

indicates that players are still bad and these artifacts did not change that.
    • Like x 5
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm waiting for people to start posting videos of the following...

+ Three DPS in a row.
    + Each take their turn hitting Gemini.

This procedure will be referred to as The Eye of Venn.
    • Like x 2
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

If a team of players with 160 Eye Artifacts, launches one at a time every 5 seconds; the exponentiation hits would be devastating.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

That and the fact you can buy gear to progress in each DLC and these people will have tens of thousands of quarks too. best not get started lol :oops:

And about artifacts specifically you have the people who now exploited artifacts by critting them into each other to get millions of XP loaded in so they can transfer them to new ones when released... argg list of this nonsense goes on.