Stop being stingy...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

You guys aren’t sharing the eye of genesis buffs. Why have it but not allow the team to use it instead of running away from us.
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont quite understand the problem... do you mean eye of gemini ? and if so thats an non-mobile aoe, it can not be picked up and run away with.
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

Sounds to me like you are in a Land of Confusion...
    • Like x 2
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's rather dps running out of the circle when you activate it. Or dps not using the healer's one for more SC and healing. Believe it's the first one tho.

tl, dr: DPS are sh*t ^_^
    • Like x 2
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

You can run out of the circle and still have it proc, I do it all the time.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I've personally had some great laughs watching some damage farmers go above and beyond to avoid it just to make sure that they don't contribute additional damage in a group where we are supposed to be playing together against the NPC's. :D

One of the best moments I've witnessed was in Throne Elite, last boss about a week ago where one of the Dps's tried to avoid my Gemini-field and ended up running right into the Sea beast's charge/strafe and died. True story. :D
    • Like x 5
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I hope you laughed in a way that made him very painfully aware that you were laughing at his stupidity.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Oh, my laughter in instance chat was heard and shared around the world... It was hilarious :D
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I always jump in those circles when I see them because, call me old fashioned, but my number one priority is finishing the level. I chase stats because I want smoother runs, not because I want to win some arbitrary competition against people I’m supposed to be cooperating with.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I think i've misunderstood how it works.. if others stand in my circle, do they buff my damage, because the bonus damage tallys on *my* score not their's ?
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yes, if you pop the field of Gemini, as a DPS, a percentage of the damage dealt by yourself AND other players standing in your frield accounts for you and is also added to your damage on the board.
    • Like x 1
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And that just KILLS the precious little darlings of DCUO amirite? :D
  14. Dene Devoted Player

LOL - scoreboard chasers worst nightmare

Thanks for the explanation :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Like Dene said, a scoreboard chaser's nightmare, but also a phenomenon that has proven to generate some hilarious moments and laughs!
    • Like x 2
  16. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

See, what you do is, drop your supply and when the try hards come in to grab that buff....BAM you hit them w/ the ol' eyeball ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Oooh I DO do that, it's a beautiful trap isn't it? The sheer panic on their toons trying to move away as fast as possible is pure gold. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Says so much that you literally have to entrap people into helping each other out in this game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Every game has them. I've been into various Online shooters, the things that I've witnessed... :eek::D
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s just... I DO get some easy runs even in content I complain about... I’d honestly have nothing to complain about if people would just forget the scoreboard and their stupid e-pride and just pay attention and work together to finish the damn instance. :mad:
    • Like x 2